Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brass hammer great idea. Much better luck than I had. I used a hammer to straighten the fs and accidentally flattened one of the ends, tried rounding it out again and cracked the end. Lol, my replacement shout be here in the next couple days. Will try your method next time.
BladeScraperz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2016, 08:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, brass hammer avoids marring the surface but I still avoided the ends just to be safe. It's not perfect, but I was trying to get it back together before the cold front arrived and finish out my charged packs.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:39 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XK 110 vs V977 opinions

Any owners of both V977 and XK110? I have 3 V977s and all have eventually ended up with problems I'm unable to resolve. Cut to the chase - If you own both, have you found the XK to be more reliable in the long run?

All the details below.
I own Nano CPSs and no matter what I do to them I'm able to get them flying satisfactorily again. I feel like I'm chasing my tail trying to get V977s flying again. The most persistent problems are tail blow out, tail drifting, surging up and down without moving the collective, going completely crazy when flipping back from inverted, going into what seems like LVC when flipping back from inverted. Disconnect and reconnect the batt. And it flies again. My flights end up being sessions of flying the problems, not doing what I want to do. I do crash it a lot and don't mind fixing helis. My efforts get results with Nanos but not so much with the V977. I swore I wouldn't buy another micro from China. I love having something to fly in the small space in my yard. The 5 star reviews for the V977 seem reasonable for brand new out of box. The XK 110 reviews are equally positive so reviews don't help answer this question. Looks like they share a lot of the same parts. I have a lot for the V977 and would really like something in addition to Nanos to fly in my yard but I'm gun shy after my V977 experience.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi irob .
The k110 is everything a we're talking about and more .
It's the best micro heli in its class size and actually does feel that it fly's bigger than it is .
It's futaba s-fhss so if you have such a transmitter then just bind and fly
The Rtf controller is also pretty good ,and programmable too.
Except for the tailboom and fbl all v977 parts are compatible.
And the price is top
Checkout SoloProfan's review of the k110 over in the RCGroups
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...in-Progress%29
Old 12-31-2016, 08:01 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks

Thanks Spazztl! I'm tempted to give it a try. As I said I really like having something I can fly in the small open area in my yard. And something that flies bigger than a Nano would be just the thing for me. I don't have a Futaba transmitter so I'd probably opt for the RTF.
I do have a lot of V977 parts but will buy more main gears. What I have happen more often than losing them is that the flat area that keeps them from rotating on the shaft gets rounded by crashes. I'm not sure that causes any of the problems I have. I thought it might be the cause of the surging up and down but changing one that was rounded out didn't help that problem. I have 4 or 5 with rounded out holes. Once I learned to check the gear after a crash I usually find them if they fall off.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would be great if they made the gears in a neon color
I got the T6J radio for about 60 euros and its perfect for the xk series models , and has a timer to boot ^^
Old 12-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by irob View Post
Thanks Spazztl! I'm tempted to give it a try. As I said I really like having something I can fly in the small open area in my yard. And something that flies bigger than a Nano would be just the thing for me. I don't have a Futaba transmitter so I'd probably opt for the RTF.
I do have a lot of V977 parts but will buy more main gears. What I have happen more often than losing them is that the flat area that keeps them from rotating on the shaft gets rounded by crashes. I'm not sure that causes any of the problems I have. I thought it might be the cause of the surging up and down but changing one that was rounded out didn't help that problem. I have 4 or 5 with rounded out holes. Once I learned to check the gear after a crash I usually find them if they fall off.
A little dab of hot glue on the bottom will prevent that from happening.
As Spazztl, I have a Futaba T8J for the XK110.. Works great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in