Main motor winds down, power reset needed - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2016, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Main motor winds down, power reset needed

I have an MJX F45 that uses a Li-Ion battery (although the packaging incorrectly says LiPo). On my last flight after maybe half the flight time, the main motor slowly shut down, and then would not spin up again. The servos were working, but I had to reset power to get the main motor to start again. Other times it spun down, and I then had to wait a bit, maybe 30 sec or so, before it would react to the throttle.

I'm new to this hobby and I don't know what the fault might be. Any tips?
JB451 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2016, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

After some reading, I think I can rule out a "brown out". If a brown out would occur, the servos would stop working too, which has not been the case. Only the main motor seem to loose power. The investigation continues...
JB451 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2016, 05:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB451 View Post
After some reading, I think I can rule out a "brown out". If a brown out would occur, the servos would stop working too, which has not been the case. Only the main motor seem to loose power. The investigation continues...
Sounds like your batteries are being run too low and the ESC is protecting the battery. Check your battery voltage when it reduces power to the motor.

ESC is expecting a LiPo.

Good luck...

Al
RealFlight 7.5
al_voisine is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are indeed using a li-ion battery, they don't work as a main battery. They can be used as a receiver battery, but not a main battery. They don't have the punch needed as a main battery. You need a lipo battery.

Looked it up, apparently they are stupid and expect it to fly with a a li-ion battery.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.