Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR Control

Mikado V-BAR Control Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Control Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Macrocells for nitro hotstart prevention

Since the weather is crappy I've been trying to program macrocells for hotstart prevention and I am somewhat stumped.

Has anyone already done this and care to share?

Surely, it is doable.

My thinking is to mix the option 3 switch with the throttle (collective) and have the value report to a trigger at aux 1, but, I have not got the values and percentages worked out yet.

Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried to use macrocells to change my rescue switch to rescue in the 2nd and 3rd positions, not just the 3rd.
What I have found is that the macrocells only affect things plugged into the Neo but didn't have any affect on the way the Neo works.
Maybe it will work with a throttle servo since its plugged in but it may not.
Good luck.
dcope17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK, I think I've got it.

I made macrocell 27 a mixer and mixed the option 3 switch with the FC ESC (even though it is nitro). I adjusted the percentage values, paying careful attention to positive and negative values, so that any value less than -100 would be the desired amount.

The value from macrocell 27 reports to macrocell 6 which is the aux 1 port on the Neo. This macrocell was programed as a trigger with a threashold of -100. The output was reversed via the pos and neg values on the output.

Seems to work, the glow will activate whenever the switch is activated and the throttle stick is below about a quarter stick or hold is activated. I am a little concerned about undesired actions I have not thought about but I think the only undesirable output would be that the glow activates when I don't want it on. If I leave the glow switch (Opt 3 sw) on, which I sometimes have by accident, the glow will activate whenever the gov or throttle is below about 25%.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 00246_Goblin_700.bmp (2.1 KB, 172 views)
File Type: bmp 00249_Goblin_700.bmp (2.1 KB, 157 views)
Old 01-23-2017, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, you're trying to keep the remote inginer from heating when the throttle is high. Sounds lkke you are figuring it out.
It may not be a bad thing to have the glow on below 1/4 throttle. How often will the throttle be that low. Might be nice to have it hot during an auto to help on flameouts.
dcope17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2018, 10:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Work perfect ! . Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in