Thanks Horizon - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > nano QX

nano QX Blade nano QX Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks Horizon

I received a nano qx for Christmas from my son.

I made my first flight with it January 5th.

Last night I was flying around my apartment and bounced off the sofa and the qx fell onto the carpet.

I picked the qx up off the floor and placed it on my coffee table and tried to take flight again.The qx flipped off of the table and landed on the carpet so I picked it up again and looked to see if I bent a prop or something.

What I found is that the electrical connections for the front CW motor had broken off the board and was hanging free.

I called HH today and talked to the CS department and was told that I could buy a new board for $29.99 plus shipping to repair my qx.

I looked at my time log on my DX7 and found out I have flown the qx for a few seconds over 48 minutes.

I am pissed.

Last edited by mtwarych3@msn.com; 01-31-2017 at 04:10 PM..
mtwarych3@msn.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2017, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well... you broke it, what do you expect?

If you crash a heli do you expect they fix it for free?
Old 01-24-2017, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have crashed my 230S, my two 200SRX's, my Nano CPX and my Nano CPS many times without breaking an electrical connection off of any of the boards or ESC's.

I read on this forum alone about the people who have been crashing their Nano QX's for more than two years and their Nanos are fine.

I have no problem accepting responsibility for something I have done or something I am going to do. If I damaged this Nano QX by stepping on it or landing in the sink or doing something to it that it wasn't designed to live through, I would live with the outcome.

What I did was fly the QX around my living room trying to keep my orientations up to snuff so I don't rust too much this winter. I bounced off the seat cushion of the couch and the QX fell less than 18 inches to the carpet on the floor. That was the end of it. The crash caused the electrical connection for the front CW motor to break completely off the board.

How many of the QX pilots on helifreak have had an electrical connection break completely off of their boards?

Is there a chance that I got the one freak of nature board passed by the QC's that may have had a bad connection?

I don't know. Maybe. I would have been more than happy to send the QX back to HH on my dime for them to look at it and then tell me how I have been a bad boy and I purposely used physical strength to rip a part off the board so that I could cheat $49.99 from HH. Then they would tell me this is the reason I can't have nice things. "Put that down! it's expensive!" But, without any back and forth, I am told that I can purchase a new board for $29.99 plus shipping to get the $49.99 QX back in the air after the whole 48 minutes of mayhem that I inflicted on the thing.

I hope nobody else has to deal with this kind of stuff. I mean, is $29.99 really worth this?

Yes it is, I did nothing to my QX that quite a few pilots in this forum haven't done to theirs, the difference is mine no longer is airworthy but the ones 2 years old are just fine.

I got a lemon and I'm not going to accept responsibility for something that was not up to par.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well accidents happen, but unfortunately accidents are not covered under warranty. Just buy a whole new Nano and use the one you have for parts.
Crazy Canadian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crazy Canadian,
Thank you, that's exactly what I will do.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

So when you say "electrical connection" I assume you mean the socket basically just came right out of the board? That's definitely a weird one. Never ever had that happen even in the hardest of crashes, and trust me I've abused the hell out of my Nano-QX1 and QX2.

Have you tried talking to more than one person at HH about this? With any customer service it pays to try calling twice. Someone may handle the case completely differently.

Oh, $29.99 plus shipping for just a new Nano-QX board? In 2017? Yeah, that's HH for you. My advice to you if they still won't replace it is to go on eBay and look for Nano QX fc board and pick one up from there instead. I bought one of mine on there for $15 -- deals like that come up from time to time.

Side note: NQX is a fun quad and always will be, but I can't believe they still want $50 for it. There are just so many "better" alternatives to it now for 5 times cheaper.

JohnCC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2017, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

JohnCC,

Thank you for the informarion about the NanoQX boards on the internet.

As a matter of fact, the entire electrical connection broke off the board. The cup is still connected to the motor wire. I just can't imagine I crashed this machine so hard I broke the board but, the frame, 4 props and all the motors are damage free as far as I know. Weird.

I believe I will order 2 of them just so I can get mine up and flying and go to picnic quads and get a frame and put a second together for something a little less tame.

I received this multi-rotor as a gift. I usually fly small helis and found out these little machines are an absolute blast to fly around the apartment. The quad is much quieter than a NanoCPS and doesn't scare me when I get near a flat screen TV.

I believe the people that have so much fun flying these machines are on to something. I would like to learn more about these machines and maybe one day build a multi-rotor to be proud of.

As for HH, I am very happy with all the different Blade products I have and I really don't have anything bad to say about their products except this one. I am not going to pursue a replacement because I realize that I broke it and will deal with it.

Everybody has had a bad day and I am sure HH customer service people have dealt with people that try to get free stuff all the time.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default It happens

Mine died and dropped like a brick from abour 30ft onto the pavement all it broke was the frame right under the motor deffinately sounds like a defect to me
Rmxjr67 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.