Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 600X

Blade 600X Blade 600X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Battery Size, Type, and External RX Battery?

Hi B600Xers...

I know that I am very late to this party, but I have two B600Xs that I will be putting in the air in the next few months. They are frame close-out kits that I bought a few years ago, and will have BK servos, CC120 ESCs, and Brain2 FBLs, so I have several questions....

1. Will the CC120s that I have be large enough?

2. Do you use an external battery for the RX, FBL, and servos? I can make up a Y-cable that incorporates the CC BEC, but wonder which way is the best option. If an external battery, how large, and do you change it out every flight? Yes, I no nothing about 600+ helicopters! And really, this may be one of those personal preference questions...

3. And probably the most important question, or questions so I can place an order... What size main batteries do you use, and what manufacturer? I am thinking something like 2 6S-4000Mah batteries.I know these are a lot of questions since the B600X thread is in its later stages of life, but I just had to ask to see if some of you are hopefully still flying the B600X and have some good suggestions.

My flying skills are not 3D at this time, but hope to be there later this year. My wallet will suffer soon from a Jeti purchase, so not getting a Goblin this year, but probably in 2018.

Thank you for your comments!

Steve
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2017, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use a sepeate rx/servo battery, Going to try some Gens Ace 3200 mah for motor batterys. They are only 69 dollars. Lots of people at my local track are using them and like them in ther cars.
sgtlt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2017, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use a y cable and the bec that came with the kit. No rx battery. I use turnigy 3300's at times you can get them for 35 dollars apiece. HV 80 esc and cyclone 615's.
eightyduece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you both for your responses. Do either of you use a battery tray like what I described? I know that will take up some space on the bottom, decreasing battery size a bit.

I have had good luck with the Turnigy Nano-Tech in the 3S and 4S sizes so may use their 6S batteries for this heli.

I see in the 3300mah options, are 25-50C, 35-70C, 45-90C, and 65-130C. Obviously, for each higher C level, there is a price increase. There is a big difference between the bottom two levels and the top two levels. Having no experience, I do not know if it will make much difference with my level of flying at this point.

Then, I wonder if 4000mah would fit on the tray and in the hole. Even if it does fit, would 4000 x 2, be too heavy for performance?

I know that I will learn more after getting some experience, but that may take some time.

Since I bought the 600Xs as frames with motors, BECs and ESCs were not included. Also, from what I have read, the Y-Cable that came with my 600s were not designed correctly so I will more than likely build my own.

Thanks again for your comments.

Steve
Old 03-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes the y cable in the box is wrong, i's been so long that I forgot. There are vids on line to show how to make it correctly. If I remember it was a review of the 600x and showed how to do it. I use 3300 30-40c turnigy batts I also use the tray from 3d heli upgrades. I don't know if 4000's are to heavy. I use 3300's so I can share them with my 500x. There is a vid with a guy flying with 5000's looked pretty tight. I also have some glacier batts. Kind ot pricey and haven't noticed any difference so far. I have heard of people using 3000 to 4000 size batts in there 600x. Hope that helps. It's a great heli to bad they discontinued it, plenty of parts for now.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the y cable the bec needs to be wired using the ground wire going to esc as its negative so you don't have a ground loop. Positive needs to be ran so the bec only gets voltage from 6 cells not all 12.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you all for your comments. I have decided to settle for now on HK Nano-Tech 6S 4000mah packs, with a y-cable and CC BEC. Just as it worked out for now though, HK USA does not have the 4 batteries I need for now, so it will give me some time and more practice on my B450Xs for now. Soon the batteries will begin the fun.

I did just receive a very pretty B600X Futuno canopy. It will be for show and easy flights. My stock Blue canopy may get a bright orange or bright yellow rattle-can spray job and be used as my "break-in" canopy!

Steve
Old 03-12-2017, 07:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let us know how everything works out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in