Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Skookum Laser II Which connector?

Hi,

I am operating a SK720BE with GPS2 and Laser II. Yesterday the white connector into the laser module broke. Since the laser system is not any longer sold by Skookum a spare wire with new connector is also not available. Therefore I have to replace the broken connector by myself. My problem is that I cannot find out what typ of connector it is and where to buy a spare.
Could anyone help please? Thanks?

Yaya
YAYA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2017, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYA View Post
Hi,

I am operating a SK720BE with GPS2 and Laser II. Yesterday the white connector into the laser module broke. Since the laser system is not any longer sold by Skookum a spare wire with new connector is also not available. Therefore I have to replace the broken connector by myself. My problem is that I cannot find out what typ of connector it is and where to buy a spare.
Could anyone help please? Thanks?

Yaya
I don't know if I can help you in Germany, but can you post a picture of the connector.

At least we will try and get you in the right direction.
TRex700MRX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2017, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

You need the Spektrum x-bus cable, comes in 3 lengths,,,,,,,,,

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&...+x-bus+cable&*

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2017, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks��
Old 03-31-2017, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last edited by YAYA; 04-01-2017 at 01:44 PM..
Old 03-31-2017, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm talking of a complete replacement cable, and NOT simply the connector type ,,,,,

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default This is the connector I am searching for (white one)

Old 04-01-2017, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is definetely not the Spektrum x bus connector. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried to contact Skookum for support? Maybe they could send you a replacement for the broken cable.

Carlos
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks to all for your help.

I found the right connector via the manufacturer and distributor of the laser Garmin.

André
Old 04-07-2017, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default laser

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
You need the Spektrum x-bus cable, comes in 3 lengths,,,,,,,,,

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&...+x-bus+cable&*
Hey Georgi long time no talk. I was wondering if you know much about the laser. I stumbled across what looked just like Skookums laser at "The Robot Shop".

I bought it and wired it up which was interesting. It works, but at this point is not accurate. It is accurate when plugged into the setup software. However, when I power up the heli with the battery and walk the heli around the house, The altimeter says I'm starting at minus 1/2 meter, going up to one meter (actually it's two plus) and then when I set it down, it's measuring Minus 2 meters. I've tried it a dozen times now.

I even switched a couple of wires that I couldn't get info on. There's a wire for the trigger pin, and one for the monitor pin. However this changed absolutely nothing as I thought it may not. (You'd have to see how it's wired after soldering a 1k resistor to it.)

Hell I even put the resistor on my multimeter. Uh Oh, light bulb. I bet, I just bet, that changing the resistor to a different impedance will fix it. The trouble is changing it out and testing and changing it out and testing ad nausea.

If you've heard anything please let me know. Also, for anyone that feels like experimenting, you can now get the laser for the Skookum. I can help with the wiring but at this point I wonder if I should add the capacitor between the plus and minus power leads. This was recommended by the guys at the Robot Shop.

I just didn't do it because for one, well, I'm too lazy, and two, Art only mentioned the resistor, as did the lidar manual regarding PWM applications to which the Skookum is supposed to be.

Take care Georgi.

Hey, I finally am flying a Skookum Powered heli and successfully having fun using soft deck and all the other fun little goodies available.

Unfortunately I am now hooked. Crap!

Kirk.
justwannahavefun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwannahavefun View Post
Hey Georgi long time no talk. I was wondering if you know much about the laser. I stumbled across what looked just like Skookums laser at "The Robot Shop".

I bought it and wired it up which was interesting. It works, but at this point is not accurate. It is accurate when plugged into the setup software. However, when I power up the heli with the battery and walk the heli around the house, The altimeter says I'm starting at minus 1/2 meter, going up to one meter (actually it's two plus) and then when I set it down, it's measuring Minus 2 meters. I've tried it a dozen times now.

I even switched a couple of wires that I couldn't get info on. There's a wire for the trigger pin, and one for the monitor pin. However this changed absolutely nothing as I thought it may not. (You'd have to see how it's wired after soldering a 1k resistor to it.)

Hell I even put the resistor on my multimeter. Uh Oh, light bulb. I bet, I just bet, that changing the resistor to a different impedance will fix it. The trouble is changing it out and testing and changing it out and testing ad nausea.

If you've heard anything please let me know. Also, for anyone that feels like experimenting, you can now get the laser for the Skookum. I can help with the wiring but at this point I wonder if I should add the capacitor between the plus and minus power leads. This was recommended by the guys at the Robot Shop.

I just didn't do it because for one, well, I'm too lazy, and two, Art only mentioned the resistor, as did the lidar manual regarding PWM applications to which the Skookum is supposed to be.

Take care Georgi.

Hey, I finally am flying a Skookum Powered heli and successfully having fun using soft deck and all the other fun little goodies available.

Unfortunately I am now hooked. Crap!

Kirk.

Success! Yes indeed. If you buy the Lidar3, wire it up per their instructions for "PWM" and then, add a 680uF electrolytic capacitor between the power leads, (The capacitor does have a polarity by the way) The unit does work. I paid $149.95. I think there are two or three vendors that supply this unit now. The skuttlebutt is that the lidar3 was half the price until Garmin put their name on it.

But just think of the pride in ownership now that you'll have a real "Someone Else in China Really Made Me" Garmin Lidar light3 on board your heli.

I know I'm all aglow thinking about it.
justwannahavefun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brilliant work bro! We, that be you. Should start a dedicated thread with pics maybe on how to do this. With links??

I bet I can talk Georgi into turning the thread into a how to sticky.....

Again, thanks for your emails, and your stellar work! Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in