xk k110 Replacement Boom/Motor - Page 3 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2017, 12:49 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was keeping an eye on Bangood and they were supposed to get a restock this week, so was waiting as was thinking (hoping) it would be a corrected stock. But looks like that got bumped to March 1st now.

Anyone having any luck getting the right part from any place else?
RyanRC700 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello all

Just thought I would post a update.

I saw that the boom assemblies had come back into stock at Bang-Good, so I took the chance and ordered 3 of them and they just came in yesterday.

Via the great info here, I was able to check them over and it looks like they are the correct ones and much like the ones that were getting sold before this issue.

The shaft seems to be a 1.00mm, the motor circumference is 7.00mm, and the length of it is a little hard to tell as its all encased (an am not taking it part) but it measures 21.68, which is just about what the factory one that came with my 110 measures.

Also for the bag, all it has on its sticker for the SKU is just the SKU261779 number and other then the K110.008 PN and some Asian letters and the bar code, it reads nothing else. Also are no numbers or stickers on the cardboard part of the bag either.

So it just my order I know, but looks to me like they may have gotten the issue of a wrongly packed part corrected.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting thread. I ordered a tail assembly through banggood a few weeks ago. I can confirm it is correct. I realized that the tail assembly I have had on there is as discussed - incorrect with a smaller motor and shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
natedg200202 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 08:26 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanRC700 View Post
Also for the bag, all it has on its sticker for the SKU is just the SKU261779 number and other then the K110.008 PN and some Asian letters and the bar code, it reads nothing else. Also are no numbers or stickers on the cardboard part of the bag either.

So it just my order I know, but looks to me like they may have gotten the issue of a wrongly packed part corrected.
Yes I just received mine - same bag/markings as yours and it's the right size. So looks like problem solved!
Old 04-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I ordered the boom I also bought a package of tail rotor blades... I just discovered that they won't fit on the motor shaft. Nice.

Last edited by ACITceva; 04-09-2017 at 01:50 PM..
ACITceva is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 02:23 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACITceva View Post
When I ordered the book I also bought a package of tail rotor blades... I just discovered that they won't fit on the motor shaft. Nice.
The ones that do fit (at least mine) after a while get loose. I have had to use a heat to carefully "adjust" the hole smaller. It's probably from impacts where they don't break ? Brand new they and the K120 ones work fine but still aren't as tight as I'd like. I really don't want to use glue.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACITceva View Post
When I ordered the book I also bought a package of tail rotor blades... I just discovered that they won't fit on the motor shaft. Nice.
When I got my tail unit I got a set of tail blades and they didn't fit either. Basically on the first try of a insall I couldn't evne get one on without damaging it.

Not that this may be all the answers, but after I did a lot of research and the blades that are the correct part number even in the OM all seem to be described as for both the 100 and the 110.

Which is odd as the 100 has a smaller shaft.

In looking at the ones I got under that number frm BG and the spare one I never used that came with the helo, its clear to see the ones I got from BG are smaller.

In the end there could be a lot I suppose that could be talked about it, but since I couldn't seem to find ones listed for just the 110 I just decided to use a .96 drill from my Pin Vise drill set, and opened it up.

Also should mention and I don't know if others have gotten these in XK bags, but the ones I got from BG were not in XK bags.

Anyway, I have been told that the 120 is the same 1.0 shaft size and are a little bigger and stronger and so are supposed to be better, so I currently have those on order, but in the mean time I have just been drilling out the ones I got from BG if I need one.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:16 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanRC700 View Post
Anyway, I have been told that the 120 is the same 1.0 shaft size and are a little bigger and stronger and so are supposed to be better, so I currently have those on order, but in the mean time I have just been drilling out the ones I got from BG if I need one.
I've been very happy with the performance of the K120 tail blades. You do not need to drill them out. I bought the v977 spares kit and had to use a 1mm drill for the tail blades that were in that kit.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't have a drill but I was able to use a pin and dig out the whole enough to get it onto the motor shaft... only to find out that the motor doesn't work anyway.

I'm done with this thing. I've wasted way, way too much of my life trying to accomplish what should be an incredibly simple and straight forward task.

On the bright side though - the transmitter that came with it has worked exceptionally well as a PC simulator transmitter (Heli-X).

(I realized after writing this that I sound somewhat bitter and angry but mostly I'm just frustrated and venting. Not trying to rain on the parade of those of those who really do enjoy this helicopter. Keep enjoying it! Not everything in this hobby is going to be to everybody's liking equally. I get that)

Last edited by ACITceva; 04-09-2017 at 02:16 PM..
ACITceva is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.