Major set back - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 200QX

200QX Blade 200QX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Major set back

today flying my 200QX with Rakon kit getting cocky and she got away from me, out of sight then it went down hill from there I looked for about 15 mins but there happen to be a big pond back there could of fallen in there or in the top of one of those big old trees still daylight could not see the red light bar on the back or the front white lights, I guess this will be my first write off, Live and learn I guess.
My question is do they make a gps tracking device to put on these things or maybe if I had my low battery voltage monitor and busser on it maybe I could of found it, provided it did'nt go underwater. I'll go back later I could still reuse the frame if nothing else
ande2078 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is this but it's a bit pricey,
http://eurekaproducts.com/rc-model-t...-and-recovery/.

There are other cheaper options that include a buzzer that plugs into a spare channel of a receiver, flip a switch on your TX and it goes off. I don't think they would work on the 200QX, integrated receiver and all.
NCcraig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default thanks for info

yes something to think about, I've already ordered another QX200 to replace it, my QX180 just is'nt near as fun to fly. It all happened in a heart beat, lost orientation then I lost sight of it. Flying in a pretty good wind did'nt help matters either
ande2078 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2016, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The camera port on the bottom of the 200 may work with an alarm, its a standard servo port, +,- and signal.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check out the Loc8tor. I just got one because I was spending too much time looking for my quad. The range is so-so but if you know about where you lost your quad it works great. There is a "button" about the size of a quarter that you have to mount somewhere on your quad. That shouldn't be too much of a problem on the 200QX.

Harv
Harvdog42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2016, 05:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The best thing to do is on an orientation lost (besides stability mode switching) and flyaway: Turn off your TX in your nearer distance.

Yes, do NOT hit throttle hold (TH).

Turning off your TX will put the quad (with lost signal) at some reduced throttle so it goes to ground, but does not fall off the sky with pure 0% throttle / power off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ande2078 View Post
I've already ordered another QX200 to
replace it
Déjà vu :-) I did the same last year...and regretted it so much...

Too bad...you lost the chance of building a custom quad: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=695573

You still do not get around with a new 2nd 200QX the problems:
- crappy plastic chassis
- red JST BEC plug (warranty lost if soldering different plug XT30 & Co.)
- burning ESC mosfets (not double-stacked, max limit 8A) on motor problems / stutter / carbon frame transplantation with round holes
- board / copper antenna IS NOT designed for 3rd party CF frame
-> this is what HH DE wrote me after I told HH US sells MicroHeli CF 200QX V1(+V2 racing) frames
etc.

The 200QX is therefore screaming: "I am already EOL. Please HH replace me" :-)

Personally I would just sell the 200QX (if you did not fly it) as new and better get something different.

Maybe a bigger quad with better LED stripes or at least a 3rd party FC which actually may support GPS/RTH or headless mode.

Thomas
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 12:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have to agree with returning it and just taking the 15% restocking fee hit. 200QX is just outdated now and the money is better spent elsewhere. Assuming you bought it for 200QX BNF for $230, you could probably snag a used 350QX3 BNF for around that or less.

200qx has some of the worst flight control board problems, and most expensive replacement parts I've ever seen from Blade (for no good reason).

I still have mine that I bought used w/ MicroHeli frame, but I don't fly it, it just sits on the shelf. I'm probably just going to keep it because they sell for little to *nothing* used and it's still fun to break out every now and then. But I would never buy it again.

JohnCC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2016, 06:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flight controller problems?

You probably mean ESC mosfet/resistor, FC antenna and FC ribbon cable problems :-)

The FC flight behavior is IMHO pretty good.

Nice idea - just bad concept.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its outdated as stated but still flyable and that is what I am doing with mine until a bad crash of something. Punch outs are now slow even with good motors or maybe I am just us to the newer quads. I'll take the Rakon and built something else in it and keep having fun.
bladeys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.