Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 600X

Blade 600X Blade 600X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default B600X and BK Switchblades Question

Hi all,

Just finishing assembly of a B600X. I am going to give BK Switchblades a try and have a size question..

I assume the 603mm will work just fine, but I also see 623mm available. Will the 623s be too long, or be unreasonable for this helicopter? I want something that will give me some float when I get to auto-rotations and be good for working on inverted and basic 3D maneuvers.

Thank you for comments!

Steve
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2017, 01:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1!

Would also like 623...
Airagitator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2017, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, I just measured one of mine and found that with 600mm mains and 95mm tail blades there is 75mm clearance tip to tip which allows plenty of clearance for 623mm main blades. In addition the arc of the main blades is quite a bit higher. I don't see any reason you couldn't use the 623's. There would still be enough space to go to slightly longer tail blades if the longer mains were to cause tail authority issues.

I'd be interested to hear how it works out if you try it.
Wrencher62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you get that thing in the air yet, how is it going ?
eightyduece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good question.... No, unfortunately, I have not put the B600 in the air yet. I really hope to do so in the next few weeks. I just have to have the time to sit and finish a few remaining hardware parts. I will provide an update soon. I have been busy in my free time flying my B450X helicopters to get experience before I chance flying the B600s.

Wrencher62, good comments in the current HH thread. I was disappointed to see the "Pro" line get shut down, but I too bought two B600 frames, so that I could put in my own electronics. My kits are very well designed and go together well. I also have some spare parts, now I just need to fly them!

Steve
Old 04-22-2017, 09:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rogue22, you do indeed need to fly them!

If you're jumping from the 450x straight to the 600x as I did I think you'll be both suprised and pleased. Once you get past the pucker factor you'll find it's much more stable in the air and has a TON more float than the 450x and I'm saying that as I'm still flying 600mm mains. I'm no 3d pilot but it has plenty of power.

By all means keep us posted when you get airborn and share your experience with your blades.

Good luck on your maiden.
Wrencher62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in