Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree152Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tell us What Heli you Want Next!

Hey Guys,

Serious question here. The Blade team still is dedicated to making out-of-the-box helis and want your feedback!

Please let us know (seriously) which heli you'd like to see. Size, features, etc, etc..

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
#1 By Design
Horizon Hobby
Spetrotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought the little night flyer you made was cool.

make a night flying kit for the 300CFX or 450X...
Old 04-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would LOVE to see the mcpx v2 make a return. Same heli with maybe a bit more power (2s using the old BL batteries would be perfect). I've had a couple BL's and I loved the power but wasn't a fan of it's 3-in-1. Both the fact that it burned out quickly and randomly, as well as the way it flew. I always found the BL twitchy and a bit disconnected feeling, whereas the mcpx v2 felt waaay better to me.

Basically, I'm looking for something to beat the snot out of in my backyard that has the same crash resiliency of the mxcp v2. Add S.A.F.E. if you must, but being crash resilient is a much bigger priority to me.

I understand that post purchase crash parts are part of any heli company's business model, but I think Blade could find much, much better materials/plastics to produce their parts with. All of the Blade plastic I've experienced has been very poor quality.

A new mcpx with built with high quality materials would be a huge winner in my book. I think (hope) many others would agree!

Thanks for listening!
Old 04-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoto84 View Post
A new mcpx with built with high quality materials would be a huge winner in my book. I think (hope) many others would agree!

Thanks for listening!
Agreed.
And please find new materials for frames, skids, etc.

"Math is hard...."
MariaFan is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't need anymore helis.
You should concentrate on making the succesful models you have better.

The 230s is a really great heli but is let down by a very weak frame.

You will get and keep more long term supporters if you make some of the improvements that your customers ask for.

EDIT: The paper thin extremely close fitting canopies which you guys have used since I bought my first Blade in 2012 are now at a point where they are actually insulting to the customer.

You guys really need to think hard about this level of quality.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 11:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

A smaller version of the 180 cfx. Same design frame, head and tail just scaled down as much as possible. Or an updated 180 cfx not just a 180 with a 3 blade head setup.

+1 for a new double brushless mcpx size heli with piro comp also. Please no safe mode for this one!

I never liked the way the mcpx bl flew either. But the mcpx v1/2 boards felt better they just needed brushless upgrades and piro comp to be great flying helicopters.

Perfecting some of the more popular modeles already out wouldn't be a bad idea also.

Weather it is updates or new models I will be excited for new stuff to play with.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Besides what's been mentioned I think a large 500+ sized out of the box heli would be one. Perhaps you can take one of the Align kits and create a BNF Blade model. Some people just don't like to build but want a large heli.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 04:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

A newer version of the 450x that has the ar7210bx or equivalent fitted with the "oops" feature and stability mode.

Must have belt drive tail and preferably fairly parts compatible with either the 360CFX or older 450x.

The heli would run on cheap 2200mAh 3s LiPos which are common and used in many other RC models so would make it more attractive to people who do not really want to sped hundreds of dollars on batteries that only fit one model.

Also a range of reasonable quality fuses to make scale helis.
The fuses do not need to be very cheap and nasty like others that have been offered as I suspect those who would be interested would prefer quality.

My thinking here:

Many people have 450x/4503d in various conditions and LOTS of spares.
The hard core 3D people are buying kits while we, the ones who like to fly but have more than one off day, are a bit limited.
I really like my 230s and 250CFX and also like my 450x but the smaller get more attention because they have the "oops" function.
In actual fact I have never used this function but I have on more than one occasion gone back to stability mode when I have had a close call. It gives me a few seconds to regroup and let the adrenaline dissipate.

Now I know not everyone is like me but there are bazillions of hard core options available from every supplier but only HH make helis suitable for beginners with an upgrade path.

This is a proven system. When I was learning to fly I did my ab initio in a Cherokee and an Archer. From there I went to an Arrow, Seneca then Navaho before leaving the Piper fold and moving on.
Other schools were Cessna with 172/182/206/310 etc.
It worked well. Each step was like the previous but with a bit more performance and more complex operation.

Right now HH have a lineup of MSRs/Nano, 120s/130s, 230s/250CFX with a big gap to 270CFX & 360CFX.

I believe the 325CFX (made up name) would bridge that gap.

Last edited by flappist; 04-25-2017 at 05:02 AM..
flappist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 07:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Something for the non-3D crowd maybe?

+1 on some scale fuselage kit options. Nothing super fancy, semi-scale? The 180 CFX has lots of power - it will be able to carry a scale fuselage nicely. Maybe even a 180 CFX scale mechanics version, like the Century Swift scale mechanics that was discontinued a few years ago. Hirobo offers scale fuselages for their 180-sized Quark helis, but they're ridiculously expensive, as are their helis.

The 180 CFX flies very well at lower RPMs and seems to be a great candidate for a semi-scale line of helis. The torque tube tail is a great design for scale models. Since scale helis 'usually' don't crash too often these beauties would be flying around for a long time. Larger scale models can only (typically) be flown at RC fields or big open areas but these little versions would be making their appearances in parks or back-yards where they'd get more exposure and possibly entice more people into RC helis ...

Or maybe a kit-version of the 180 CFX. Then those who are learning could also benefit from being able to build one from the ground up. Thunder Tiger offered build options in the manual for their Mini-Titans so the builder could create a more docile trainer or a hopped up performance machine. Then come back at any-time to reconfigure as skills or desires change.

Of course combine the above with applicable improvements and/or fixes that you're getting as feedback. Reasonable prices though, please

All this has obviously been done before, but the 180 CFX seems like a really good larger-micro-sized base platform and would be welcome to many now that a lot of the others have disappeared or are dropping off in favor of quads/multi-rotors.

Thanks!
-John

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 04-30-2017 at 12:56 PM..
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 04:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to see a Chinook based on a 180.
Now that would be cool.

"Math is hard...."
MariaFan is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 11:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even though they'll never do it again, how about some actual KITS we can build?
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 12:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mcpx v3!

You all need an answer to the xk k110. Everyone recommends that as a trainer.

Mcpx v3 needs to take a beating. No glitchy boards after a wreck or two. Bailout.

I wish you could turn stability/intermediate mode on and off with its own switch so we could still use iu 1,2, and 3 for full on agility banks. Even my v977 has a button to swap from 3g to 6g (self level).

Id rather roll with a brushed mcpx v3. And bring back the mcpx bl v2 with same improvements. $$$$$

Ftw.
plus many others 420 and under
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 05:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll jump on the mCPX v3 bandwagon! It would need SAFE, piro comp, adjustable tail gains (with a useful range). If the tail twitch in slow flight can't be dialed out, I would pass. Both motors should be small outrunners. If it were to fly as well as a 130/230s, I think you would have a hit. Crash resistance and cheap repair parts too!
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 05:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does a durable ultra micro really need SAFE? Certainly doesn't need bailout.

Tough and reliable is all it needs, all SAFE seemed to do for the nano was create more points of electronic failure.

Personally would like a 130 without the S and with some power. Something small and reasonably durable with flight characteristics like the 180 but power similar to the BL would be a riot.

Simple, reliable and powerful. Durability would be a big bonus but I understand that with more power comes more crash damage. That trade off is fine by me since good power allows you to pull out of trouble almost every time as long as you have some altitude.

Have more than enough gutless helis with electronic training wheels for beginners. Make something that has some pop and is reliable in a backyard size and you'll bring back a lot of pilots that moved on to other brands.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indokast View Post
Mcpx v3!

You all need an answer to the xk k110. Everyone recommends that as a trainer.
Not a bad idea at all. I had a k120 and it flew far better than any Blade ultra-micro I've ever had and I've had several of them. But, it had that darned brushed tail. I'll never buy another heli, plane or multi-rotor with brushed motors. I liked the k120 well enough, but I abandoned it when I finally crashed it so much that it somehow became retarded and just wouldn't fly right. It lost all piro compensation, so away it went. Mainly because of the brushed tail and I don't like having to use a secondary toyish TX. Make something like that with dual brushed motors, excellent flight characteristics/durability and Spektrum compatible and I might consider buying another Blade heli. Maybe...
Old 04-27-2017, 10:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
Make something that has some pop and is reliable in a backyard size and you'll bring back a lot of pilots that moved on to other brands.
From what I understand, they already sort of had that with the nCPX. A member here (Number) really likes his and says it's the best ultra-micro CP heli ever made. He's a freakin' fantastic pilot, too. Then Blade went and screwed it up with the nCPS. I've read about so many problems with that thing.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

IŽll love to get a mcpx size heli, re-designed to be tougher than anything else done till now, superb tail authority and enough power, not crazy power.
jorgeurizar is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 11:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

1. An Align 150X killer. From what I have read the 130S is not that. I think Blade has taken on the immensely popular 230S and started to trickle that design into other models. The 130S was supposed to be the small 230S but I think that was not completely achieved. Now I do not own any of these models (I did own a 230S though) so just going off from what I read on the forums. But definitely a backyard even indoor heli.

2. Get back on the Oxy 2 battle. The 180CFX has been discontinued and now that size niche has been taken over by the Oxy 2. The 180CFX was hugely popular on the intermediate to advanced crowd which is the same one that is building Oxy 2's right now.

3. A 230S v2. The issues of it right out of the box are very well documented on the forums. To me this is the very best starter heli anywhere. It has fixed length blade linkages, Blade sells the right size servo to swash linkages and they even sell the full head assembly (which should be better promoted, it's hard to find). With these features, someone can learn how to fly and not necessarily how to fix. Awesome concept. The 250CFX to me is just the bling version of the 230.

4. I really want a Blade 360CFX again. Amazing little heli. Size is perfect, power is huge, weight makes it fly really well. Just change the servo casing to metal to avoid Loctite corrosion, route the servo wires better to avoid removing the FBL plate on servo maintenance and you have a perfect mid-level micro heli. Of course, revamp with AR7210 as well like the Trio. So a 360CFX v2.

5. The 270CFX also seems to be a great out-of-the-box heli, a good contender to the Oxy 3 even with the proper setup. There is a user here that tweaked his to higher headspeed and could be compared to the Oxy 3. Yes, the Oxy is a kit heli but for the price with improved performance is well worth the money with slight performance increase.

6. Going back to nano class, a K110 killer.

So I agree Blade doesn't really need more models but a revamp of their line seeing the competition so that both newbies and experienced pilots take Blade as a viable alternative. Man I really want a 360 CFX again!
Old 04-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
Just change the servo casing to metal to avoid Loctite corrosion
That's improper thread locker application technique on their part since it's pre-built, not necessarily a bad design. When one needs to reinstall a servo, don't put thread locker on the bolt and push it through the servo tab. Use a toothpick and poke a tiny bit into the holes of the frame part and wipe off any excess on the surface before installing the servo. I have helis with plastic servo cases bolted right to aluminum frame parts with zero issues and that includes a 180CFX, which was especially known to have this "problem". One of the first things I did was pull the servos, clean up everything and reinstall and that was before the first crash.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Although the 360 is not a beginner heli, it might be the first heli of that size for people coming from Blades that are easier to fix. That was me, coming from a 200 SRX jumping to a 360 CFX then going down to a 230 S then another 360 CFX. What I am saying is that build and flight skills for a 360 CFX pilot may not be as well developed.

So it took me several disintegrated servo cases to find out myself. I ended up installing KST 215 servos instead as I was tired of that issue.

Which brings me to even though Blades are usually RTF or BNF a downloadable PDF with maintenance/build instructions would be great. The exploded components view just doesn't cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
That's improper thread locker application technique on their part since it's pre-built, not necessarily a bad design. When one needs to reinstall a servo, don't put thread locker on the bolt and push it through the servo tab. Use a toothpick and poke a tiny bit into the holes of the frame part and wipe off any excess on the surface before installing the servo. I have helis with plastic servo cases bolted right to aluminum frame parts with zero issues and that includes a 180CFX, which was especially known to have this "problem". One of the first things I did was pull the servos, clean up everything and reinstall and that was before the first crash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in