Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2017, 09:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haha doing well, K! How are you, my friend?
Justin Pucci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2017, 06:11 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Pucci View Post
Haha doing well, K! How are you, my friend?

Seems like your the only one still doing heli stuff Justin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
Seems like your the only one still doing heli stuff Justin.

Troy,

The others are all involved in their own ways, but they're trying to share their time between helis and their new hobbies to balance things a bit more.

Dan has been hitting the open road with his motorcycle. He just finished a trip to Arizona and back.

Nick is enjoying hiking and I've teaching him more technical mountaineering, since my wife and I were into it before kids. I'm now back into it with Nick and we're working towards being ready to do glacier climbs later this year if everything works out.

Jessie is getting prepped for having his first kid this summer and just dusted off his race car for the new season.

Saje is kicking it with his new RotorHeads show.

As for me, this winter has been HORRIBLE for weather. Flying has been few and far between and it's driving me nuts. The weather is just now starting to show signs of cooperation.

I've been focusing heavily on getting MHSFA up and running with membership and new events this year. To an extent, my flying has taken a back seat to MHSFA right now so that I can get the grass-roots competition circuit set up. Then, of course, I'll actually compete in it... haha Also working on RCHN5 planning...

I'm selling some less-interesting helis to make room for some new stuff...the most exciting of which is the new SAB Comet (which color should I choose?!). Events-wise, I won't be going to Othello, IRCHA, or Snohomish, but I'll be at RCHN5 running it and OHB in December plus a couple of smaller speed events around the country once we get them set up.

Oh yeah, also doing the climbing thing again since Nick has gotten into it. My family has been awesome and the little one is now 4 months old. Work is...well, work. Blah... lol 😝

How are you all?
Old 04-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jesse does race cars?
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbatxx View Post
Jesse does race cars?

Yes. He's mentioned it before on the show, but he bought a drag car last year and him and his family go racing locally. I think he may have even posted some pics/vids on Facebook a few months back.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Site down?

Justin. Been switching my fleet over from thunder tiger to protos since thunder tiger discontinued the G4(best heli I had) and parts are near non existent in the us for e700. Love the 380 lots lighter than goblin good flight times and flies very well. Not sure on the max yet flies real heavy but the leggero kit should drop almost a pound off. Nice thing about the weight is it helps it fly better in the wind here. The evo I have is very visible even in the yellow.

Had a crash after I first got it from my repurposed castle esc catching fire had about 1000.00 in damages including throttle port on vbar. The battery wires melted all the way to the servo lead must have back fed. Using hobbywing now will see how that plays out. At least it has a bec.

tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 03:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good call on the switch, Troy. I hear lots of good stuff on all of the MSH stuff, so I'm sure you'll find a combo that works well for you.

It really is too bad about the TT brand. I don't think I've ever talked to anyone who owned one that didn't have only good stuff to say about it. Nick loved his e700!

Sorry to hear about the crash...I've been there and you have a unique set of emotions while you watch your pride and joy burn to the ground like a 4th of July sparkler (at least that's what mine looked like).

I've had good experiences with all my HW esc's so I hope you'll be good to go with the new setup! Keep us posted!
Old 04-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow. I have to say you guys really turned the page. Or at least relegated the heli hobby to as you said "taken a back seat". I mean it's great that you guys are doing what you like but it's weird hearing all the passion and week after week episodes with so much heli into your guys' life that now it's super weird. It really sounds like it was time for you guys to quit the podcast and start doing other things. But I never thought your involvement in the hobby would take such a drastic dip.

Yes I know you are still involved with Speed and RCHN5 but no more tons of events, tons of flying and having the heli hobby as a main driver. It really sounds like to you guys it started to be like work and not fun anymore. So I really get it that you guys are doing other things it's just weird. All I know about you guys is your involvement in the hobby from the podcast. I guess it's like other "celebrities" that you only think about them in terms of what they do publicly.

Anyways, after my usual rant, I guess I should get back to topic

I plan on attending as many events as I can this season. I just received my awesome HobbyBoost Pilot T-Shirts so I need to get out and wear them

I have been going through the pain of a Goblin 500 "Classic" to Sport conversion because I love the Sport looks but it's been a very slow process. Hopefully all the pain I have been going through (bearable with the awesome help from fellow HF's) will help others when I am done. I was hoping for a weekend maiden but I have just ordered parts *again* so that probably won't happen.

Still plan to fly what I have this weekend and keep trying to fly decent. I keep flying the same things and doing the same mistakes. After my recent vacation I need to get back to my daily sim practice. I am convinced (let's call it high hopes that when I get proficient in all orientations I will start doing some mild 3D which is my goal for this season.

I am also listening to the new RC Heli podcast scene. I am getting my weekly podcast dose with FFRC, Hooligans and Rotorheads. All three have filled the void of RCHN nicely and although RCHN is very much missed, these guys are doing a FANTASTIC job.

So the Nation is still alive and going strong just a bit changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Pucci View Post
Troy,

The others are all involved in their own ways, but they're trying to share their time between helis and their new hobbies to balance things a bit more.

Dan has been hitting the open road with his motorcycle. He just finished a trip to Arizona and back.

Nick is enjoying hiking and I've teaching him more technical mountaineering, since my wife and I were into it before kids. I'm now back into it with Nick and we're working towards being ready to do glacier climbs later this year if everything works out.

Jessie is getting prepped for having his first kid this summer and just dusted off his race car for the new season.

Saje is kicking it with his new RotorHeads show.

As for me, this winter has been HORRIBLE for weather. Flying has been few and far between and it's driving me nuts. The weather is just now starting to show signs of cooperation.

I've been focusing heavily on getting MHSFA up and running with membership and new events this year. To an extent, my flying has taken a back seat to MHSFA right now so that I can get the grass-roots competition circuit set up. Then, of course, I'll actually compete in it... haha Also working on RCHN5 planning...

I'm selling some less-interesting helis to make room for some new stuff...the most exciting of which is the new SAB Comet (which color should I choose?!). Events-wise, I won't be going to Othello, IRCHA, or Snohomish, but I'll be at RCHN5 running it and OHB in December plus a couple of smaller speed events around the country once we get them set up.

Oh yeah, also doing the climbing thing again since Nick has gotten into it. My family has been awesome and the little one is now 4 months old. Work is...well, work. Blah... lol 😝

How are you all?
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Site not working 4-25-17 11:04pm PST

Click image for larger version

Name:	FAIL.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	704796
Old 04-25-2017, 06:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been trying to listen to some old episodes on my iPhone for the past few days with no luck. Is anyone having the same problem? I hope the episodes will be available once again after the website has been migrated to the new servers.
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 09:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am also having issues listening to old episodes. I hope this is resolved soon I need my fix and these new ones just aren't the same...
Old 04-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

still down 12:21 pst back up 4-27-17 7AM

Last edited by HELI_FUN; 04-27-2017 at 09:01 AM..
HELI_FUN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 04:15 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear from you Justin. We are a bit out of the loop over here in the UK.

Glad to hear Dan, Jessie and Nick are doing well and getting a little bit of balance back. And Saje on his new show.

So are you missing the podcasts Justin?

I echo the 'celebrity' comment, it does feel a little weird lol. Not in a bad way, but as you appreciate listeners came to know you guys only from one angle. Ha. its easy to forget you guys have lots more going on than the podcasts.

I sent you a few PM's on FB last year and I think beginning of this year for your advice on a goblin 570KSE. Particularly around gearing etc. Its all up and running now thanks to your help. I put an axon on it, and with some help from DemonJoe its been working great.

Are you still a team pilot for BD?

Kr
Craig M
cjm180 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2017, 07:31 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

The site should be back up guys. Sorry...we're trying to get things transferred! 🤕

Craig,

Yes, I miss the podcasts for sure. I understand what you and Javier are saying about the "celebrity" thing even though we'll never think of ourselves as one, I do get it. Helis are still a part of our lives to a varying extent from person to person, but there are other things too.

I'm trying to get geared up for the flying season by selling old stuff and buying new, but as I've said before, I'm more focused on getting MHSFA off the ground with a solid national-level competition circuit this year. This isn't just for everyone else, but also so I have more to compete in later this season and in the future...lol 😉

Glad to hear that your 570 worked out so well. Such an awesome heli for sure.

I am still a team pilot for BD and my other sponsors, but this winter's weather has made it difficult to prove this fact with very little flying to speak of.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ill give you guys an update!

its fridays morning.. and i plan on going to get some flying in this weekend. I find myself wanting to fly these days and its a nice change.

after putting so much effort into the hobby for several years (2009) it was time for something new. I do miss the show there is no question about that but you just cant fake it.. its not fair to our listeners and its frankly not much fun.

as you might have heard I have been putting a lot of time into motorycycles. i have really found it to be something that allows me to adventure out into the world. Its similar to what Nick is doing, but he is able to get out into the woods and find his adventure. the motorcycle gives me that ability as i still struggle, although not nearly as much as i used to, to walk around.

On that note I am working on another project.. a very ambitious project there might be a "podcast" element to it.. i am not sure yet, there will be a blog of sorts and if all works out a lot of traveling and public speaking.

I cant really go into details yet as i am assembling a team and really this is in the idea stage. we are exploring funding options and formatting of this project.

its not heli related it is going to be a focused on a much more broad audience. anyway when i have more information i will share it with you guys for sure.

i will say this... if you are into Motorcycles you will probably be interested in what we are trying to do.... we call that a tease in the biz

-Dan
Old 04-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome to hear from you guys and what you been up to.

I have a request for Justin.................Please make sure that when you are flying this year, you have someone filming you. I want video of the BDP if you put one in and it starts on fire!! I still remember that being talked about in one of the episodes, and I laughed pretty hard. Not as hard as when you super glued your finger in your nose or the episode of lubing the shaft, but it still was pretty funny!

Did you ever finish your lipo discharger?

Dan, great to hear you've back to having fun flying. What are you working on as far as maneuvers? I had to take a break from this after last year and haven't touched the sticks since last November, but this spring I'm finding myself getting the itch back. I'm building a new rig, a 766 in the 806 config, and that's really sparked things for me. Going to try a Neo on it and see how I like it. The episode where you talked about feeling alone in the hobby really hit home for me, as I left almost like it was an autobiography. Has there been some things you've done to respark interest and keep the motivation to stay with it, that you care to share?

I'd love to get out west to RCHN funfly, but till I get more vacation, it'd be really tough to squeeze it in. Even though I've never met any of you guys, you made a big impact on me and all the tip and pointers I've gotten from the podcast and post have been so influencing and helpful.

I'm going to try to get to IRCHA this year, so if you happen to change your mind Justin and can make it, I'll try to at least meet ya and get down to the speed runs.

Keep em in the air dudes unless you do it BDP style! (that's big d**k playa)
RCHN #633
Team SYNERGY
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 07:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting comments on what's changed and what people are doing. I'm doing more outdoor activities these days too.

Still very interested in helis but not like I was. I started downsizing about 18 months ago and got rid of both a E7 and 600N.

I also find myself interested in getting some glow planks flying again which is a very odd feeling.

My wife and I also have a first child on the way.
ben_beyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in