What 450 Trex Model That You Recommend? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2017, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What 450 Trex Model That You Recommend?

Hi All,
Is there any particular model of Trex 450 that is suitable for a beginner as well as a future growing for 3D flying of an expert? When I look at the Trex 450 types, there are many of them and I can't tell what will suit my need. I am a newbie but I don't want to limit myself when I can learn to fly 3D using the same model.
Please advise if you can help with your opinion and the particular model number that I should get.
I owned a Trex 150x but it is hard for a newbie to control this little bird so I want to try out a different type and 450 is my target.
#!kaerfileh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

They really aren't "types" of T-Rex models... they are more like "versions" as they have improved the design and such over time. Like anything else, you want to get the latest version possible as it will have the "most improved" design and best/newest electronics.

That said, the newest is also going to be the most expensive. The older "established" versions have been cloned by other companies and you are not limited to only buying Align parts. For example, if you purchase a classic 450 Sport or PRO, you can get parts and hop=up items from Tarot, Lynx, ALZRC, HobbyKing, etc.

If I were buying one today, I think i would opt for a T-REX 450L Dominator Super Combo 6S w/ BeastX RH45E21B. Seems to offer a good value... good electronics, solid design, and a bit of bling!
Walkera 4#3B, 4G6
Align 250SE, Gaui 200
Tarot 450PRO
Align 550L Dominator
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

As far as the align 450's go the older ones have 325mm blades. The 450L is a 360mm bladed heli, then there is the 470L which has 360mm blades.

If I had to chose which one I liked best it would be the 470L. The price of the super combo can't be beat. It's got a belted tail, 6s power and the raked skids that keep the tail out of the dirt.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliLust View Post
As far as the align 450's go the older ones have 325mm blades. The 450L is a 360mm bladed heli, then there is the 470L which has 360mm blades.

If I had to chose which one I liked best it would be the 470L. The price of the super combo can't be beat. It's got a belted tail, 6s power and the raked skids that keep the tail out of the dirt.
Dont have one "yet" but everyine has been raving aboiut this.

The lp version is a steal either in kit form with just esc snd motor or as a full combo . The clones cant beat it. Not only is it priced very competivly the quality people report seems to surpuse the 450.

Cant wsit to get my hands on one
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly, if I was looking at a heli around the 450 size, I would go for the 470L. It is slightly bigger, but not that big you need a bigger flying space, has the latest design features, and the cost is the same if not slightly lower than the 450L.
Can't compare the flying characteristics, because I haven't finished building mine yet, but reading the forums, it all appears positive.
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Necroscope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2017, 06:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

About being beginner friendly. There isnt really one, they could all be flown by beginners and expert and do 3d to different degrees of difficulty.

The setup in the TX and FBL unit will determine how twitchy it will be to controls. Just dont over dumb it down it down.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If your goal is a super combo, the 470L is the best deal and arguably the best heli in that general size that align offers. It is belt, 380mm blades, and an efl head.

450L is 360mm blades, torque tube tail, and a dfc head. Both run 6s.

Both are good helis in my opinion. You can also put the raked skids from a 470L on the 450L if you want that.

If you want a little smaller the 450 pro is a good heli too. They are usually 3s, 325mm, and a torque tube tail. They can be efl or dfc head. Most i see and the one i fly is dfc. I love the thing. There are different variations of the 450 pro but its basically the same heli between them. You can also convert them to belt tail if you wanted. I have a 450 pro dfc with torque tube as my main beater. I also built a 450 pro with an efl head and a belted tail but I havent completed fbl setup on it yet.

You can also put the raked skids on a 450 pro. You will likely have to buy a pro used but i have seen a kit selling in the classifieds on occassion. I may likely sell mine before too long.

I own all 3 but my 470L is still in the box lol.

I like 450 size align helis. They are solid and affordable helis.
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.