Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450x outdated?

I have a blade 450x with an hc3sx on it. I have not flow it in a year, or so. Are these old "outdated" pieces and not worth much now?
I have a crap load of spare parts. If it is not worth anything, I will just throw it back up in the air and goof off with it.
Parts still readily available?
The only crappy thing with this heli was the servos and the stock frame crack at the skids.
It flies great.
So, sell, or fly?
wagspe208 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2017, 02:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They don't seem to have much market value these days, certainly nowhere near enough to cover the replacement costs so I'd say, just fly it until you run out of parts.

So many things to fly, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 06:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I intend to fly my 450x until I cannot get parts anymore. Right now that is not a problem. There will be a market for your spares if you don't use them. I would consider buying a few whole helicopters as spares just to keep it in the air. It is a beautiful flying little bird you can throw around and not have to pay a fortune to fix it.
Rayucho likes this.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

That is what I figured. I always thought it flew good. CHEAP to fix, really. and, like I said... I have a crap load of spare parts.
Thanks
Wags
Old 04-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Think about it this way, someone can now go out and buy a brand new Align 470LP and be up in the air for under $300. This has really pushed prices on used smaller helis way down. I sold my 450x a year or so ago for just over $100 with motor, servos and ESC. Its a fun heli, just don't expect to get any sort of money out when you sell.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2017, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I built a 450xl with Lynx ultra frame,scorpion motor,castle esc,kst 115 cyclics, 95i rudder servo and it is great flying heli but had almost a complete stock heli in left over parts. Purchased a used ar7200bx from a helifreak member a few head parts and now have a stock 450x with a lynx frame stiffener,slant main gear and align main blades. Kind of using it as a test bed to see how smooth I can get it to fly,balanced main / tail blades put the slant / tail drive gear on a Dubro balancer and what huge difference it made on well it flyies. Have ten lipo paks so I can fly both heli's back to back so I can get ten flights in pretty quick. Don't really care about resale value maybe half of what you gave for this stuff,kind of figured that out when I got in to Heli's so I just fly them and enjoy the hell out of it. Have not forgotten how frustrating it was to learn to hover and the moment I achieved forward flight so can't really put a price tag on that.
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2017, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I totally get it. I have a raptor 90 se... no value now.. I fly it and have fun... and don't care about what I spent... it is just money lost..NBD
I am going FBL on the raptor... It flies awesome.. will be even better with the hc3sx.
Wags
Old 04-16-2017, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll just keep up on 450x parts.. used or new in the classifieds.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Parts should be available for quite some time.

I feel that maybe the 325 mm machine died off years back but I still fly my 450x quite a bit. It's changed so much since when it began life back in 2011 as a 4503d with a flybar. I'll continue to fly it as it's a perfect park size and quick flight sized helicopter. Until parts can no longer be found. we;ll see

-markus
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017, 11:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relisys190 View Post

I feel that maybe the 325 mm machine died off years back but I still fly my 450x quite a bit. It's changed so much since when it began life back in 2011 as a 4503d with a flybar. I'll continue to fly it as it's a perfect park size and quick flight sized helicopter. Until parts can no longer be found. we;ll see

-markus
Maybe not. Lynx's new OXY helis are loved by many and the new OXY 4 that is coming out next is an old school sized 325mm 450 out of the box.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys
Haven't been here for a while ,gone to the dark side of gliders
I just put the 450x up this morning after about 6 months or so and forgot how good it was
I must admit I have got the extended tail with 360mm blades and it still hovers nice
For me I think it's a great little heli as a beta, something good to get the thumbs going for the 550x
I think it's not worth selling as some have said ( get nothing for it ) and to upgrade to something that wouldn't fly much better for dollars spent

I have one question do your 450's hover with a slight lean to the right ( tail in )????
Anyway happy flying

Watho
watho 46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

325 stretched to 360 is my favorite. Lighter than a true 360 but same disc size and power system which makes for a rocket.

Parts are usually cheaper as well and another bonus is they still fly great with 325mm which can be found dirt cheap these days. If you plan on going a little crazy that day you can slap on some 325 to keep crash costs at a minimum.lol

Old 05-03-2017, 06:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
325 stretched to 360 is my favorite. Lighter than a true 360 but same disc size and power system which makes for a rocket.

Parts are usually cheaper as well and another bonus is they still fly great with 325mm which can be found dirt cheap these days. If you plan on going a little crazy that day you can slap on some 325 to keep crash costs at a minimum.lol

Yea awesome with the 360 blades
Can you still get the stretch boom and belt for it ??
Last I heard Lynx was not supplying them anymore

Watho
Old 05-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by watho 46 View Post
Yea awesome with the 360 blades
Can you still get the stretch boom and belt for it ??
Last I heard Lynx was not supplying them anymore

Watho
Don't think so since Lynx parts have been scarce for a long time now. Actually sold my 450x over a year ago but still fly a 325m 450 stretched to 360mm 95% of the time.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool thanks
just out of curiousity what is it that you have stretched ?? I love how the 360mm blades float on a 450

Watho
Old 05-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tmkarc1hobby has in stock the Lynx super combo stretch kit on sale for 65.00 dollars have ordered many times from them.
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by watho 46 View Post
I have one question do your 450's hover with a slight lean to the right ( tail in )????
Yup. All single main rotor helis do it. It's called "translating tendency" in the real helo world. Basically, it leans with a slight cyclic input to counteract the lateral drift "tendency" from the tail rotor thrust. Which way it leans depends on the direction of rotation of the main rotor. I flew Jet Rangers and "left leaves last", which meant the left skid lifted off the ground last. Since the main rotor rotated opposite most heli models, the Jet Ranger had a left lean in a hover when viewed from behind.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2017, 04:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks mike
Since its been a while that I have put the 450 up I don't remember it being so obvious
Anyway still hovers nice,since that's all I could do in the backyard, never realised how much I missed flying heli's

Cheers watho
Old 05-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys running 360mm blades still running 3s?
Old 05-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relisys190 View Post

-markus
325mm hasn't died, the oxy4 is coming out later this spring/summer

I still fly the he'll out of my 450x, prolly have enough to build 3 or 4 more.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in