Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RCHN5 Registration is Live - September 14-17, 2017!

Sup dudes!

Registration is now live for the Fifth Annual RC Heli Nation Fun Fly (RCHN5)! We'll be having one hell of a time from September 14-17 this year in Dayton OR again, so make your plans and get registered!

There will be plenty of the usual fun events to participate in and we'll even have an MHSFA Speed Cup and Shawn Hempel's 3DTrials for a true grass-roots competition exeperience!

As always, if anyone needs help getting their stuff here from afar, please let me know and we'll work something out or let's use this thread to coordinate various efforts to help people out.

I can't wait already! Who's planning on coming?

- Justin

https://www.rcflightdeck.com/event.cfm?id=6374

----------

Event Description:
This year, we're celebrating our half-decade anniversary of the RC Heli Nation fun fly, but we're gonna party like it's the full-ass decade!

Come to the beautiful Pacific Northwest for four days of heli nirvana and make sure you're ready for this one...it's unlike any other event you've been to!

Be sure to sign up for the many competitions and contests that we'll be hosting such as the MHSFA Speed Cup and the Pacific Northwest 3D Trials. Remember that there's over 2000 feet of flight line, construction light night flying, and even a food vendor.

So, come check it out and see what everyone's been talking about... See you in September!
Justin Pucci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2017, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Registered! This will be super fun. Only 7 months away
I am a Heli-Coholic! Citizen #207
PRTOS Max v2 PRTOS 380 Speed Goblin 380 Blade 180CFX
MKS KDE MSH Brain
Tomy. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2017, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last year was a blast. I'm in!

Utah Helicopter Association | HeliBash
perrybd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I haven't registered yet but I will be there for sure. Already booked the time off.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in, I wouldn't miss it. Now if the weather will improve on the days I can get free to fly!
Old 02-23-2017, 06:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I can find a diesel truck to borrow I will go but don't think my 5.3 can handle the passes around Idaho pulling my camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2017, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Registered
Old 05-31-2017, 10:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me too!

RCNet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2017, 12:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default R/C Flight Deck page?

In the past years you could see who was signed up for the event, and get an idea of how many pilots were already signed up. This year's event page doesn't let you see that, just curious why the change this Year?

Bob
Old 06-01-2017, 05:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I noticed that. Doesn't make sense to not show the list.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pondering coming over, from New Zealand. Prob couldn't bring anything to fly, which would be a shame... but still keen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
waferthin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey guys! I tried to figure out why the list doesn't show anymore and was unsuccessful. Maybe it's a change to flightdeck from past years, as they change things quite regularly.

Waferthin, let us know if you do decide to make the trip from NZ, as we'd be happy to help you with planning or getting gear over here.
Justin Pucci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Pucci View Post
Hey guys! I tried to figure out why the list doesn't show anymore and was unsuccessful. Maybe it's a change to flightdeck from past years, as they change things quite regularly.

Waferthin, let us know if you do decide to make the trip from NZ, as we'd be happy to help you with planning or getting gear over here.
Thanks for checking.

Bob
Old 06-09-2017, 12:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Pucci View Post

Thanks, that'd be a real help.
It'd be my first trip to the USA, and it would "somewhat cool" (can you feel the understatement in there?) if I could hook up with some of you folk at the same time.

My biggest problem is gear: I can't see myself bringing flight packs. I've a G570, Protos and X4 II.. The X4 would be the most sensible and cartable of them all. I wonder ... perhaps I could break it/the 570 down and carry on plane, if I could find/get some packs over there for the event? (anyone need some new flight packs for a 570 broken in? har har)

Secondary is "where the heck to stay". I can't fit a camper van in my carry on Well, I can fit a small model one, matchbox like. Hmm. I see I'm convincing myself to come over already!

How does it work re AMA affiliation? I don't have such a thing. Got a NZ equivalent, but not sure that's relevant? is it needed?
Old 06-09-2017, 04:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your NZ equivalent of AMA should be fine. Canadian guys have MAAC and that is accepted in place of AMA.

Since I also travel from pretty far many people have been really helpful with gear, table space, chairs, etc. All the stuff that I can't get on a plane. Even the first year I went and no one knew me. They were so willing to help. Awesome group of people.

Do you like to camp? I am sure someone has a tent, sleeping bag they can lend you. Many people use tents to stay on site.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some people rent Rv's also

tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by waferthin View Post
Thanks, that'd be a real help.
It'd be my first trip to the USA, and it would "somewhat cool" (can you feel the understatement in there?) if I could hook up with some of you folk at the same time.

My biggest problem is gear: I can't see myself bringing flight packs. I've a G570, Protos and X4 II.. The X4 would be the most sensible and cartable of them all. I wonder ... perhaps I could break it/the 570 down and carry on plane, if I could find/get some packs over there for the event? (anyone need some new flight packs for a 570 broken in? har har)

Secondary is "where the heck to stay". I can't fit a camper van in my carry on Well, I can fit a small model one, matchbox like. Hmm. I see I'm convincing myself to come over already!

How does it work re AMA affiliation? I don't have such a thing. Got a NZ equivalent, but not sure that's relevant? is it needed?
If it would help convince you to come I would be more than happy to bring a spare tent so you have someplace to sleep. I'm sure we can rustle up a blanket or sleeping bag also. Hell, I'll even let you take some pulls on my helis if you need more convincing.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is there any info on the 3D trials? The only info I can find is from 2015
Old 08-09-2017, 06:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is listed on the RC flight deck link. Let me message Shawn Hempel.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spoke with Shawn and it would seem since there was a lack of registration on RC flight deck for the 3D trials that it didn't make sense to do it. So next year. We just need to have people show interest and sign up to show Shawn his effort is appreciated. It takes a lot more than any of us realize to put on even a small competition like that.

Maybe.....maybe.....if we can scrounge up some participants we can use the same format as 2015. I didn't ask Shawn that so don't hold me to anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in