Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > EZNOV

EZNOV EZNOV Support Forum

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2017, 05:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Update incoming ...

Hello,

Just to let you know, we are working very hard on the Neuron these days.

It is too early to annonce a release date, but we are working on an update for the 3 platforms (quad, heli, plane).

I know it's been a loooong time since the last update, but this one is HUGE, it is pretty much a complete rewrite.

I totally redesigned our in-house RTOS, we learned a lot from the very high speed logger we made (logging at 8000Hz !), we worked a lot on filtering, derivation and all these pesky things.

Today we tried the first flyable quad firmware ... it is very different from everything I've flew so far, and we still have many improvements to implement and test.

We will probably run extensive tests during early summer, and release it as soon as it is well tested (we'll probably open beta testing a bit before release).

Here is what is already implemented:

- BLHeli pass through for ESC configuration and firmware update (finally !).
- receiver handling is now 12 channels for any kind of receiver, additionnal channels can be assigned to different functions.
- added DShot support (up to DShot1200)
- quad buzzer startup tone selectable in Maestro (you can also disable it)
- RGB LEDs on quad : you can now select the number of LEDs from 5 up to 20, and when flying the LEDs are always on (still with selectable color)
- 8k / 8k loop
- lots and lots of bug fixes

Here is what is planned (not garanteed):
- plane will have self-level
- rattitude / horizon for quads
- fix the tail bounce on heli, and the governor being twitchy with some ESCs

I think we also have Chinese translation coming for selected firmware (this is done by someone else, so subject to caution).

Let me know if you think of a cool new feature you'd like implemented, or specific points you'd like us to work to improve the current firmware (still keep in mind there are some hardware and software limitations, so don't take it bad if we say we can't do the killer feature you ask for).

Thomas.

PS : once this firmware is out, we'll probably also work on other RC products ...

[EDIT] And we'll process the support backlog too, yes, please allow us some time to recover.
Otatiaro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2017, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome! I think the Neuron flies quite well on my helis now, but glad to see all the improvements and enhancements!

I'm just starting to play around with quad copters, so will be very interested to see all the new features you are planning on releasing!
Walkera 4#3B, 4G6
Align 250SE, Gaui 200
Tarot 450PRO
Align 550L Dominator
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great to hear you're still developing this.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
abit late is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great News 👍

Jeti? 😉
dkpodder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otatiaro View Post
Let me know if you think of a cool new feature you'd like implemented, or specific points you'd like us to work to improve the current firmware (still keep in mind there are some hardware and software limitations, so don't take it bad if we say we can't do the killer feature you ask for).
  • bluetooth that works
  • vibration logging/analysis
  • "realtime tuning", i.e. assigning extra channels to adjust things (maybe this is already what you're using them for)
  • 3d/acro rescue (nearest horizon vs always upright)
  • ESC data and telemetry integration
  • Transmitter integration
  • ESC configuration
jarhart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 03:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah Yeah Yeah, its going forward

@jarhart: the same for me!
Airagitator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,Analysis of vibrations, data log, vibrations in real time, governor like MSH BRAIN 2 black box
gromble is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 04:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The neurons gov is supreme and much more flexible than the Brain 2 one!
Telemetry and vibration analysis would be great.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hello,

@jarhart:

- bluetooth that works

What is the problem with yours ?

- vibration logging/analysis

Analysis of vibrations, this is something we are looking at, the issue is that there is no space memory on the unit itself to store the data. The solution could be to use an external logger (e.g. sparkfun sells one) to store the data on an SD-card. This may be a future update.

- "realtime tuning", i.e. assigning extra channels to adjust things (maybe this is already what you're using them for)

Yes this is why we now decode 12 channels (previously only 7), the spare channels will be assignable to different "things".

- 3d/acro rescue (nearest horizon vs always upright)

Ok I take note, we'll see if it fits.

- ESC data and telemetry integration

Telemetry is a bit problematic, because of SBUS reversed polarity we have to use a XOR logic between the receiver connector and the microcontroler, and this does not allow to send data back (the gate is one way only).

- Transmitter integration

What do you mean ?

- ESC configuration

There is now a BLHeli pass through in the quad firmware, it is also needed for helis ?

Thomas.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would it be possible to add ublox gps support for a return-to-home function.

I lost my neuron, and the plane it was attached to when my fpv video link failed.

RTH is probably a bit dangerous for helis, but it would be a very nice feature for fvp planes and quads.
The_crack_fox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would be cool to have some sort of elevator precomps so that during fast forward flight and such you can do more aggressive pitch moves and not have the tail drag.
Mark.a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
@jarhart:

- bluetooth that works

What is the problem with yours ?

Thomas.
Same as everybody else's that posted here about bluetooth issues. It was unusable on Nexus devices because it almost never connected. Apparently only devices with older Android versions worked, but even that was hit or miss for me. The only way I was able to tune it reliably was to bring a laptop to the field and connect via USB. This is by far my biggest issue. I actually don't know how well the Neuron flies because I never really got one tuned.

Quote:

- Transmitter integration

What do you mean ?

Thomas.
like this

Quote:

- ESC configuration

There is now a BLHeli pass through in the quad firmware, it is also needed for helis ?

Thomas.
Maybe? I'm not sure what that is.

What I have in mind would build on top of ESC data integration and go the other way and configure the ESC via the Neuron using the Neuron setup software. This would be especially awesome combined with transmitter integration.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hello,

About the Bluetooth connection, it depends on the BT module you are using (we have CRIUS BT modules here, they work quite good).

What about a Neuron Wireless with built-in bluetooth low energy, does it sound cool ?

We are also re-developping the Maestro Terminal, the new version should be a lot more stable (no release date yet).

About JETI integration, last time I asked they replied they had no time to give me the documentation about it ...

About ESC configuration through the Neuron, it is already working for quadcopter ESCs based on BLHeli, but on helis there are many many different type of (closed source) ESC firmware, I really doubt we can have support from manufacturers to configure their ESCs through the Neuron.

Thomas.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hello,

About the Bluetooth connection, it depends on the BT module you are using (we have CRIUS BT modules here, they work quite good).

What about a Neuron Wireless with built-in bluetooth low energy, does it sound cool ?

We are also re-developping the Maestro Terminal, the new version should be a lot more stable (no release date yet).

About JETI integration, last time I asked they replied they had no time to give me the documentation about it ...

About ESC configuration through the Neuron, it is already working for quadcopter ESCs based on BLHeli, but on helis there are many many different type of (closed source) ESC firmware, I really doubt we can have support from manufacturers to configure their ESCs through the Neuron.

Thomas.
Built in Bluetooth could be cool. I would like integration as well. But it's not a deal breaker.

For the ESC integration maybe talk to George at Scorpion. He has his new tribunus series are integrated with vbar and jeti radios, maybe there is some way to set that up with the Neuron as well.
Mark.a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd love to see return of pitch control after rescue be stretched over a second- instead of being nearly instantaneous.

As it is, if you're inverted, hit rescue, and then release rescue (without repositioning your sticks from being inverted), your model will be thrown into a negative pitch pump until you realize what is happening and give positive pitch.

I hope what I'm suggesting makes sense.

Glad to hear that you're developing this platform further!

-b
heli-b is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 05:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I tried a CRIUS module and multiple Hextronic modules with the same result. And I'm not the only one who had BT problems with the Neuron.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it was the baud rate that caused a lot of problems. Neuron uses 115200 (I think) and the default on most bt adapters is 9600. It's not easy to change without another special adapter and some knowledge of what you're doing.

3digi gyro can auto configure a HC06 BT module. You check the "configure Bluetooth" box in the PC software and you're done.

Could this be added to neuron?
Old 06-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

The CRIUS module I tried was set to 115200. The Hextronic modules are already 115200. That wasn't the problem here. My PC at home usually connected fine with either module.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a heap of trouble getting mine to work. I tried a few different bt units, experimented with pinouts. Ended up using a hc06. I honestly don't know how I got it to work but eventually it did, and it was pretty good.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here... I have 2 nealry identical BT modules. One works, the other don't work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in