Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Servo out of alignment upon initialization, help?

I'm pretty new to Helifreak, so please direct me to the right thread if this has been covered (and I can't imagine it hasn't).

I replaced the rotor head assembly on my 230s and made sure everything was in the right place. When I turned it on and it initialized, the single servo on the port side kicked up to about the 11 o'clock position and held. I initialized it in Stability mode.

I rebound it (just because I'd recently had issues binding to two helis at once with the DXe) and it behaved the same way.

This is my original 230s and it was in a crash. The only damage was the collar on the main shaft moved a bit, allowing play in the main rotor gear. I reset the collar and tightened everything. But maybe it has something to do with it.

I verified this happens by leveling the swash plate before initializing. The servo kicks up each time.

Thanks!
ChoppingDownTrees is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2017, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does it just rise up slowly or jump up to 11:00?

In stability mode this is correct. If your radio has throttle hold, place it on and flip into idle-up 1. The swash will stay level.
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2017, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, so if you look towards the back of the 230 manual you will find instructions for the servo adjustment mode.

Only when you are in servo adjustment mode can you make an accurate assessment on servo positioning, as this mode disables the flight controller and places the servo's at the neutral position.

If you enter this mode and still find the servo is out of position then you can center it. However if you find the servo is already centered I would suggest you perform the callibration procedure. This is also explained towards the back of the manual.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the help, guys.

I looked at the swash plate in servo adjust mode and it was level. Spooled it up in the living room and she looks air worthy.

Why it was weirding me out was because one of the linkages kept popping off before. Not sure what happened this afternoon and now, but I'll report back!

And... back from a test flight. So proud that I wrecked this 230s when I first got it a couple weeks ago and was able to get her back to mint condition. Some TLC and parts and she's new again. Now I have two flight worthy 230s in my fleet.

What was happening was that when the servo push upon, it popped the linkage to one of the rotor blades. I figured WTH and just flew it. I'm only doing stability mode, as I'm still new to this.

The collective is a little wonky though. Seems like it wants to dip until you apply a lot of throttle and it's really sensitive. Any adjusting I can do (other than set gains)? Just wondering if I have everything back together all right. She hovers in place like a dream

Thanks again for all the help!
Brian

Last edited by ChoppingDownTrees; 06-24-2017 at 09:21 PM..
ChoppingDownTrees is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good work, happy to see you got them both in the air.

I wouldn't go adjusting cyclic gains. The first thing I would do is double check for any binding between servo and head. With throttle hold on, raise and lower collective, do it slow and also fast. Everything should move smoothly. Do the same with Cyclic in all directions, again look for any sticky or jumpy behaviour between the servo links, swashplate and head.

Having said this, if the "dipping" you describe is occurring as you transition into forward flight, then this is actually normal behavior. It is necessary to balance Collective and cyclic to maintain a level altitude.

The other factor that can causes dipping is wind.

Tags
230s, blade 230s, servo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in