Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2017, 03:57 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe stop coming out with three-blade helis? If you do finally see how many people want a new MCPX and build one, please do not put a three blade head on it.

--Blade 500 3D--360CFX--Blade 450 3D--130S (x2)--MCPX BL--MSR-X--MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Phoenix 5 sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2017, 05:32 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
Maybe stop coming out with three-blade helis?

Blade's beginner-to-intermediate target demographic sure isn't the high performance three bladed head type. But, the ONE heli that had some real performance as to where owners (most people flying 700s have good experience) could have really benefited? The Pro Series 700X. They even advertised a three bladed head for it before the heli was released. People bought that heli with the hopes of converting it. And, then Blade never released that head.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2017, 12:20 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, gotta say, I really don't understand. Honestly, I have never tried a three Bowden head and will probably give the Trio 180CFX a try just because I like the way it looks but, when they came out with the original 360 CFX they offfered a three blade option for it. When they came out with the Trio 360 CFX, people opined that the only reason they did that was that they had a lot of three-blade heads laying around they needed to use up because no one bought them. Just not sure why they keep bringing them out when they are generally not well liked. If I had to guess, I would say it is because they can say they have something different but it would have just been better to upgrade the 180 and offer three blade as an option. Very odd.

All that being said, I want a new MCPX BL with all the previous issues fixed and no new problems! Make it so, Blade!

--Blade 500 3D--360CFX--Blade 450 3D--130S (x2)--MCPX BL--MSR-X--MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Phoenix 5 sim--
Old 07-09-2017, 07:51 AM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

something 3d between the nano and the 180cfx.... a "BL" or a revised 130x with no tail motor... ug. not a fan.
brokenheli666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2017, 04:42 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steve, I still believe that there are many great Blade Helicopters current and past models that could maybe just have improvements made. Not bling upgrades, but things like optional improved parts. Like the frames people talk about, maybe better servos-electronics. Not as a replacement part, but an upgraded option part.

Since I mentioned non-current models, let's bring back some discontinued model parts for Helicopters that will never be replaced in the lineup. "Pro-Series". At least give your customers with these models the ability to special order and wait for parts that are no longer available. When people see these awesome machines flying surely that keeps the brand alive. Even if it's not for these big birds, but for the micros Blade has always been known for.

I know the 360 is the biggest Blade will ever build going forward, but that doesn't mean you can't offer kits for the 360.

How about a nitro 360? Nitro has been making a huge comeback, maybe a nitro 360 kit!

Hopefully see you at Ircha.

Joe
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2017, 07:17 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jherison View Post
Since I mentioned non-current models, let's bring back some discontinued model parts for Helicopters that will never be replaced in the lineup. "Pro-Series". At least give your customers with these models the ability to special order and wait for parts that are no longer available.
Yes, that would be nice. But, as of now?
Old 07-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well boys, just saw a post on FB for the new MCPS! 1s, brushed motors with a BL upgrade available, SAFE and it looks SWEEEET!!

Thank you BLADE, this is AWESOME news and exactly what I was hoping for!!
Old 07-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

A big +1 to the return of a pretty dang fun little heli. The MCPX is what really started me down the heli road.
stablehover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoto84 View Post
Well boys, just saw a post on FB for the new MCPS! 1s, brushed motors with a BL upgrade available, SAFE and it looks SWEEEET!!

Thank you BLADE, this is AWESOME news and exactly what I was hoping for!!
Blade ruined the nCPX with the SAFE garbage. Here we go again. And, wow, so brave disabling comments on their Youtube video.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

So it's a v1/2 with safe.

I was hoping they would do something inovative if they came out with a new mcpx. Not just slap safe on it. But i guess it's better than nothing.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON L View Post
So it's a v1/2 with safe.

I was hoping they would do something inovative if they came out with a new mcpx. Not just slap safe on it. But i guess it's better than nothing.
They should have updated the mCPX BL. I will NEVER buy another model with crappy brushed motors again be it heli, airplane, quad or otherwise, especially in this day and age.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:23 AM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya the bl was good. Other than the limited cylic rates and a few problems with the main board I loved mine.

2 cell brushless with an updated fbl and a rear anti rotation bracket is what I was hoping for at the least.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON L View Post
Ya the bl was good. Other than the limited cylic rates and a few problems with the main board I loved mine.

2 cell brushless with an updated fbl and a rear anti rotation bracket is what I was hoping for at the least.
I never even bothered with the mCPX BL. I went with the 180CFX and it's now finally an "okay" heli after replacing the FBL unit, motor, servos, etc. The Castle ESC is fine because Horizon/Blade didn't design it, but the rest of the stock electronics sucked.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:56 AM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Blade! MCPX is a great indoor/basement flyer! Living in MN, we need a great indoor flyer for our loooong winters!
fliermike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 10:51 AM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome! mCP X is back (as the S). Be grabbing that for sure. Thanks Steve / Blade!

Hope the brushless kit isn't the same as the Nano one... or hopefully it works better in the mCP. Either way will give it a shot.

Learned a ton on my old mCP X and it was so damn durable.

---

I'd love to see a return of the 550 size kit but I understand that is not your market. Other than that an updated 130X would be great (not the 130S, not a fan of an electric tail).

Cheers
Tim
RCHN #63 C.W.B
Thorvald is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just saw this in an email and I am curious about it. Very happy to see it. I really hope the BL upgrade brings it to the level of the MCPX BL. Interesting to see it is a 1S 210 mah battery rather than a 2S 200mah battery. Thank you Blade for listening! I really hope this heli does well.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey guys!

Glad you guys are seeing the mCPS announcement and I know there are always going to be people on both sides of the fence. We decided to go with the brushed version this time around since the BL (based on our sales history) did "worse" than the original. Possibly based on the price, or that not everyone is ready for the crazy power of the double brushless.

I will say that SAFE has zero negative effect on the standard flight modes and it only improves the ability to get more people into flying CP helis. SAFE is only one flight mode (stability) and other than that we've improved the "AS3X" modes some.

So yes, we did use a lot of the same parts, but thats also really good for those of you who spent tons of money on optional parts years ago or who still have parts now.

Overall, I think most of you will love this heli. We will be planning on doing a micro heli cup at IRCHA so you should certainly attend IRCHA!

We are bringing (hopefully) plenty of demo models of the MCPS for you guys to fly.

See you at IRCHA. I just booked out our 30 foot camper! Stop by and have a beer (after hours of course )
#1 By Design
Horizon Hobby
Spetrotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's actually disappointing they're going with 1S. It fine for an 80 size heli, but a 100 or 120 size heli really calls for 2S. And of course brushless main and tail. So they kind of dropped the ball on that. If one wants a 1S heli with brushed motors (which I certainly don't) there's already the Nano CPS.

What I was hoping to see was a revamp of the mCPX BL with outrunners on main and tail with a separate ESC/BEC. That would be something impressive.

On the other hand, I'm really happy to see anything in this size class from Blade again. I'm heavily invested in my mCPX and if they are going to be re-using parts from the old series, that's good for me to keep mine alive. I really, really like my heavily modified mCPX. BL. It rates right up there with my big helis as far as the love it gets from me.

Last edited by Krager; 07-13-2017 at 04:03 PM..
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
I have to wonder what's going on at Blade. Do their engineers even fly helis or are they just handed a memo to design something at some size for some minimal cost.
It sure seems like it. James Haley, who was the face of Blade, head team pilot, head designer, etc back during the height of their heli heydays said not too long ago that he didn't even fly helis anymore except when he had to for work. He got into the whole FPV quad thing for fun on his own time. And that quad thing really shows in what Blade has become these days. They've released some decent ones lately so it seems like that's more where their R&D efforts go.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually I pulled that in an edit, I got a little too fired up about the 1S thing so I retract that statement. Actually I'm just happy Blade has not abandoned that size class, was getting a little worried they had.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in