Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 130S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2017, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which Flight Sim for 230s?

Forgive me if this is covered a gazillion times (please direct me)...

What flight simulator do most people buy that would work with the 230s and out-of-the-box Spektrum DXe?

Does the 230s need an adapter?

Thanks!
ChoppingDownTrees is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flight simulators don't work with your Heli, they are designed to work with your transmitter. I personally use the Phoenix Simulator and couldn't be happier with it. It has helped me a lot. I have a Spektrum DX9 and it does require a USB adapter to plug into my computer when using the simulator. The version I bought came with the adapter in the box. You can select all different styles of helicopters to train with on the simulator from nitro to electric and micro to large scale.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2017, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1683 View Post
Flight simulators don't work with your Heli, they are designed to work with your transmitter. I personally use the Phoenix Simulator and couldn't be happier with it. It has helped me a lot. I have a Spektrum DX9 and it does require a USB adapter to plug into my computer when using the simulator. The version I bought came with the adapter in the box. You can select all different styles of helicopters to train with on the simulator from nitro to electric and micro to large scale.
LOL

Thanks for clueing in the noob! Okay, I presume Phoenix is compatible with DXe. Time to buy!

Thanks!
ChoppingDownTrees is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2017, 07:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

phoniex has a 230 s in it.. you should read in the flight school section 8s to funnels in 6 months. there is some info in there on how to change some of the expo setting in the sim. and a good training program. this is a long haul deal your not gonna be doing 3d in 3 weeks. I fly my sim pretty much everyday. and still struggle at times
Mainboom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainboom View Post
phoniex has a 230 s in it.. you should read in the flight school section 8s to funnels in 6 months. there is some info in there on how to change some of the expo setting in the sim. and a good training program. this is a long haul deal your not gonna be doing 3d in 3 weeks. I fly my sim pretty much everyday. and still struggle at times
I've seen some of the 8s to funnels lessons. I indeed need a regime to advance.

I appreciate not having to rush to 3D. After I crashed two of these things, I decided to put it in Stability mode, low setting. I'm just practicing coordinated turns at all speeds and altitudes until I can do it without thinking. I'm not even thinking about 3D for months.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which sim would be better?

Anybody have a preference of Phoenix over Real flight 7.5? I have a 230s, a 130s and a nano cps. Which would work better for me? I want the ability to adjust the heli settings to match my real models as close as possible. Also would like to have open fields to practice in. Not interested in all the obstacles. Better graphics is always a plus.

Aikiguy
Aikiguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure either one will be fine, they all have roughly the same features/adjustments. Some people prefer one over the other so it's just a matter of personal preference which you'll prefer. Asking which sim is best is like asking which heli is the best, varies person to person. From what I've seen it appeared more people prefer RF over Phoenix.

Due to the helis you have I suggest giving the Heli-X demo a try. All you need is a $10-$15 USB adapter for your tx and you're in business.

The slow piro training on Heli-X is excellent. Can upgrade to the full version for $50 or just use the demo. Only have a few helis and one field to choose from plus have to restart every so often but other than that it's pretty much the same as the full version.

All the sim I ever needed thanks to micros. Sim bores me to death so I used a nano to learn basic flight plus flips and rolls and now use the 230 as a RL sim since it's tough and super quick/easy to repair.

Prefer it over the sim because doing things on the 230 is harder than doing them on my nice helis so transitioning moves from the 230 to them is easier. Doing things on the sim heli tends to be too easy so transitioning moves from it to my other helis is usually harder and once in a while ends in disaster lol. Micros eliminate the sim to RL transition so you're simply making heli to heli transitions.

You're pretty much setup with a good learning ladder already. Once you can do something on your nano then you'll be able to do it on your 130 and 230. Once you can do it on those you can do it on anything since Blade micros fly like sloppy dumptrucks compared to a well tuned kit heli with decent electronics.

Sim is a must once you get to advanced 3d but a micro and some tall grass can take you a long way
Old 07-17-2017, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Sim is a must once you get to advanced 3d but a micro and some tall grass can take you a long way"
+1
gator3434 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
blade, blade 230s, flight sim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in