Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2017, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Batteries

After my 2200mAh 3s experiment with my 250cfx I was reading the the Bladehelis site and noticed that they mentioned 4s batteries as compatible despite describing the 1350mAh 3s as the standard.
Does anyone know if this is a typo or in fact the 250cfx will work with a 4s?
If so it would probably be a good idea to buy 4s rather than 3s for it as I suspect it would go a lot better.
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know but Blade manuals are not known to be exact and have had many mistakes. I'm not an DC expert but I suppose you could look what the esc and motor VDC specs are rated for on the 250cfx. It's a start at any rate.
heinz9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2017, 12:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried to find the specs on the ESC for the Blade 250 and 230. (Same ESC fyi just different battery connector). Nothing is listed. And even Blade support did not have the answer. However, and I really hate admit this, I VERY accidentally plugged my 6s 22.2V battery into my 250 and fried the ESC.
dfthorp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone tried 1400's in the 250. If so how is the fit?
tulebender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2017, 05:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulebender View Post
Has anyone tried 1400's in the 250. If so how is the fit?
Don't know about "1400's".....but these work just fine.....
Tande is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2017, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Glacier

I use Glacier 1300 3s 30c 11.1, Turnigy Graphene 1300 3s 45c 11.1 and Venom 1300 3s 11.1 30c...all three fit fine and work great..
Nee #1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glaciers are showing some problems in the field. A friend recently had one burn up while sitting idle in his basement. Almost all of my HK Nano and turnigy batteries start to bloat after a few flights and I only run my batteries down to 45%. Venom batteries are working great for me and are reasonably priced and come with the multi connectors so you don't have to change the connectors to your favorite one.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to know about battery brands. I've got a stock E-flite 1350 3s I bought back in March of this year that is slightly blotted. It probably only has 30 flights on it. It could have been damaged from a crash but my other 3 stock batteries that are older are still in good shape. I think it's luck of the draw when it comes to batteries.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just had one of my E Flite 3s 1350 crap out on me during flight. My 250 crashes with the damage minimal. My fault the battery was puffy. And I looked at my other 4 eflite 1350 3s and two others are starting to puff up. It's time to move away from e Flite batteries.
dfthorp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2017, 05:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've still been using a slightly puffy batt. I suppose I need to quit that before something bad happens. It's not not worth the risk.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz9 View Post
I've still been using a slightly puffy batt. I suppose I need to quit that before something bad happens. It's not not worth the risk.
It's hard to retire batteries due to the expense but better than burning up a plane or heli.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run Turnigy Graphene 1300 mAh 45c batteries & they work & fit great. There was the issue of losing the heli in a tree for a complete day & the graphene battery was completely dead when recovered. Recharging on nicad to 10v & switching to Lipo balance charge fully charged the battery pack & it still works great with no loss of flight time or voltage & no swelling that normal packs do under these circumstances.
FloridaAKM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.