|Register||FAQ||PM||Events||Groups||Blogs||Calendar||Mark Forums Read|
|FPV Racing Discussion FPV Racing Discussion|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|05-18-2017, 12:23 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2008
Building my first FPV Racing drone
After serious thoughts and lot of suggestions, I made my mind and instead of buying a ready kit for my very first racing quad, I will build it myself.
As this will be my very first quad, my aim is to build something on average cost and quality, with enough power and control until intermediate level. Highly important is to have good/strong PVR signal and image quality on my glasses. I will use my Turnigy 9XR PRO with FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz module.
After some research, I note down all necessary parts and my chooses on each, in the following list.
Frame: Martian II 220 4mm Arm - OR - Realacc X210 Pro
Flight Controller: F3 Flight Controller Acro 6
ESCs: Racerstar RS30A V2
Motors: Racerstar Racing Edition BR2205 2300KV 2-4S
Propellers: Kingkong 5040 5x4x3 3-Blade
FPV Camera: RunCam Swift 2 1/3 CCD 600TVL 2.5mm
FPV Transmitter: Eachine TX526 5.8G 40CH
Antenna: Aomway 5.8GHz FPV 4 Leaf Clover
Receiver: FrSky XSR 2.4GHz 16CH ACCST Receiver S-Bus
Batteries: Turnigy Graphene 1300mAh 65Cor Tattu 1300mAh 75C
Power Distribution: Matek Systems PDB-XT60 W/ BEC 5V & 12V
OSD: MICRO MinimOSD
Googles: Eachine Goggles Two
In all above:
1) Do I miss something important?
2) How the goods seems to you? Will they work together or I need to discard/replace any of them? Any suggestions?
3) Camera is good option?
4) Does FrSky XSR will be combined correctly with Turnigy 9XR PRO with FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz?
5) Does FrSky XSR has telemetry? I observed that it is Smart Port enabled. Will it send all info back to Turnigy 9XR PRO?
6) Does F3 Flight Controller has any OSD or correctly I have chosen the additional MICRO MinimOSD? I want to see in my googles several information, like battery voltage, quad mod, altitude, speed etc.
7) Does Power Distribution that comes with Martian II 220/Realacc X210 Pro frame is enough or correctly I have chosen the additional Matek Systems PDB-XT60 W/ BEC 5V & 12V?
Armattan Chameleon Ti 5", Trex 600NSP, HDX450 2221-6 CC-ICE-50, Walkera 36, Kyosho EP Caliber M24, Turnigy 9XR PRO, Futaba 7CP
|06-08-2017, 12:58 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: KC MO
1. Not that I can see.
2. Looks ok to me, I'm not familiar with the VTX but every thing else is similar to what I have, I even have the Martian II.
3. Yes, pretty much the best.
4. I'm not sure.
5. Yes it has telemetry, but again I'm not super familiar with the 9XR and stuff. I have a real Taranis, but I use the OSD for everything rather than Telemetry, so I don't get Telemetry receivers.
6. Get a Betaflight F3 flight controller from PiroflipRC or RaceDayQuads. They're much more powerful. Built in On-screen display too, well worth it. Well worth the $40. They have built in battery voltage monitoring which will pass through to the OSD, assuming you have the VBAT pads hooked up.
7. The stock PDB is good, and the Betaflight built in BEC eliminates the need for a PDB with regulators. You can power the VTX directly from the battery voltage and the camera can be powered from the 5V source on the FC.
One thing I suggest is to get stuff from the USA when possible. RaceDayQuads is a great place to get stuff and PiroFlipRC is too (When in stock). I'd suggest the $14 Hyperlite 2205-2522 Team Editions from PiroFlipRC, they're excellent and cheap. I think they're in stock now. Also suggest the Spedix 30A HV from RaceDayQuads. As I said, the BetaFlight F3 controller is very good and well worth the money IMO, also from RDQ or PFRC.
Keith - XLPower | KST | Egodrift | KC3D
Protos 800X Evoluzione | Protos Nitro | Specter V2 | Protos 380 Evoluzione V2