Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 330X

Blade 330X Blade 330X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2017, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dang Blade 330x no more BEASTX

https://www.horizonhobby.com/330x-bnf-basic-p-blh4050

New Blade 330x.

Glad to see a new larger Blade heli, but disappointed that they are dropping the BEASTX features in place of their own AS3X FBL system. I was really hoping for a new AR7X00 receiver with the latest Beast hardware and software.

Will be interesting to see how this does.
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2017, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm I wonder why they did that. Maybe because the trio might not be selling well? It also looks like it has belcranks.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Closed Account

looks like the 300x is there any real difference with this thing?
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting that it's on 3s but doesn't include SAFE. Would be fun to know what pilot segment their marketing data tells them this is going to excite.

Comparison to the 300x... the 330x is running 325s so I would guess not re-using much of anything from the 300x.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The ole Blade 450 X lives on.
jasond1979 likes this.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCA View Post
That's kinda what I thought. Just a larger 300x swinging what we used to call 450 blades. Which is now a 330
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCA View Post
LOL! Yeah, that's just what this is... A 450X with the FLB unit from the 230s and the servos from the 230s/360CFX (cyclic) and tail servo from the 360CFX.

That's a nice new canopy though, and a newer 45 amp esc, WOW!! can't seem to find any specs on that (BLH5052) But I hope the BEC is up to the job.

I can see that Blade had to put a lot of development work into this new model

MB
Old 07-20-2017, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

This has got to be the first traditional 450 size helicopter (~325 mm blades) that is named according to blade size. Never thought I'd see it!
Rotor Smith likes this.
cbrian4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 12:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes it's infact a Blade 450x V2 with slant cut gear and all.

At least I know I can still get parts.
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why? Just ........... why?

So many things to fly, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
LOL! Yeah, that's just what this is... A 450X with the FLB unit from the 230s and the servos from the 230s/360CFX (cyclic) and tail servo from the 360CFX.

That's a nice new canopy though, and a newer 45 amp esc, WOW!! can't seem to find any specs on that (BLH5052) But I hope the BEC is up to the job.

I can see that Blade had to put a lot of development work into this new model

MB
Actually they used those same servos on the 450X v2

The old esc was 35 amps so I'm sure 45 will be fine in this.

edit: and wow I've had my 230S for a year and did not realize it has the same cyclic servos as my 450X.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashalotjoe View Post
Why? Just ........... why?
As little effort as possible to release something"new" is what they're all about, not pleasing customers.

This is what you get
Old 07-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
As little effort as possible to release something"new" is what they're all about, not pleasing customers.

This is what you get
Yep. I made the comment on another thread that it seems unacceptably callous to be flogging old designs and technology to people who are not ready to move onto kits and haven't acquired the experience to know what a dumb deal this is. If they wanted to revive an old BNF model, the 360CFX was a better starting point.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

This is what you get
Don't think so. I think they have realized they can't please seasoned pilots. They tried with the 270 and 360, where did that end up? Oh yeah, the discount bin.

This knocks it out of the park for someone moving up from a 230s. You get a real tail and the FBL you are used to. Possibilities for stretching to a larger 450 size are there. Most parts to fix this are probably already at the hobby store as well.

For those of you that want the FBL of your choice, all aluminum everything, $200 servos, there is a brand just for you, its just not sold at the local hobbyshop.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I give Kudos to Blade for supporting the entry level.
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
Don't think so. I think they have realized they can't please seasoned pilots. They tried with the 270 and 360, where did that end up? Oh yeah, the discount bin.
Yeah, but wheeling out an old design with a PITA FBL unit is hardly going to please the un-seasoned pilots either once they've acquired the experience to know better. I suspect the newbies will try it, crash it, bin it and give up on heli's.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

This knocks it out of the park for someone moving up from a 230s. You get a real tail and the FBL you are used to. Possibilities for stretching to a larger 450 size are there. Most parts to fix this are probably already at the hobby store as well.

For those of you that want the FBL of your choice, all aluminum everything, $200 servos, there is a brand just for you, its just not sold at the local hobbyshop.
I guess. Had a lot better results from the $150 used Trex 450 purchased from the classifieds than I did with any Blade heli, but there aren't enough cheap used helis to go around.

Have a sneaking suspicion this heli will have a much higher rate of failure than that ancient Trex I got. Crashed it twice and was able to pick it up and fly, this Blade will probably drop out of the sky twice from failures before the owner gets a chance to crash it.

Hope I'm wrong but with a micro style flight controller on something that will break in a minor spill isn't going to equal long term, trouble free enjoyment.

It'll be another half assed machine designed to sell parts. Other manufacturers design for reliability and performance.

We will see. Hopefully I have to eat those words but I doubt it. Will be another Blade form with 2 happy threads and 20 asking for help with issues.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny how things are coming full circle. Everyone moves from older generation 325/425mm helis in favor of the new breed 360-380s and true 500s. Then next thing you know SAB puts out a 420 and here comes Blade with a 325.

They might as well go all out and slap a flybar on this one! No, not a flybar, a revolutionary kinetic energy stability control system.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I guess. Had a lot better results from the $150 used Trex 450 purchased from the classifieds than I did with any Blade heli, but there aren't enough cheap used helis to go around.

Have a sneaking suspicion this heli will have a much higher rate of failure than that ancient Trex I got. Crashed it twice and was able to pick it up and fly, this Blade will probably drop out of the sky twice from failures before the owner gets a chance to crash it.

Hope I'm wrong but with a micro style flight controller on something that will break in a minor spill isn't going to equal long term, trouble free enjoyment.

It'll be another half assed machine designed to sell parts. Other manufacturers design for reliability and performance.

We will see. Hopefully I have to eat those words but I doubt it. Will be another Blade form with 2 happy threads and 20 asking for help with issues.
A nice clean used Align 450 will eat this for lunch. Don't disagree with you there. The align will easily hit 300+ flights without wearing out.

The thing is, most of these won't make it two or three flights without eating dirt because of dumb thumbs. But this thing will actually fly unlike the cheapo flyswatter 450 someone is likely to buy from ebay/banggood/etc and equip with utter garbage.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:

What brand would that be?
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in