Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2017, 03:55 PM   #41 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Graupner telemetry alarms aren't implemented in the Brain yet.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2017, 07:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am in the processes of updating the iKON1001 firmware. Is there any benefit to updating the GR-16L now before I work on the rest of the setup?
akabek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2017, 08:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default MSH Brain and Graupner integration

Only if you don’t want to suffer through significant lag while traversing the menus. The menus are fully functional without the 6.39 receiver upgrade, just slow.

“iKON1001”?
Old 06-22-2017, 09:07 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went ahead and updated the firmware. Is there a manual or instructions for the new Ikon firmware? It has been a while since I have gone through the steps.

I noticed on the first screen you can input items like the model type, tail servo etc. For model type and tail servo I do not see mine in the list. Do I just pick the last option in the list or the closest option? I am setting up a Gaui x3 and my tail server is a kst ds515mg
akabek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2017, 12:13 AM   #45 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

You can skip the first page if you want. It just preconfigures the later steps in the wizard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2017, 07:28 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin75 View Post
an user show me a radio screen that I don't have with exactly what i need (voltage alarm etc). This screen is:

BRAINSETUP TELEMETRY
Sensor kind ESC
Temperature MAX: 37 [°C]
Voltage MIN: 44 [V]
Amperes MAX: 105 [A]
Consumed mA MAX: 4000 [mA]

In my radio MZ24 appear only:
Sensor kind ESC

Everything is working well (brain telemetry menù, actual data from telemetry..... all ok) exept the 4 lines of alarm setting. Why?
I have already explained you in the Italian forum that these functions are not yet released. Are already developed and works but is still in alpha version of firmware but not yet released (neither the beta version).

I have also explained you that consequently to the many users complains related to the too frequently update released, before the next release will pass several months (Provided that a free upgrade is still available).
Old 07-31-2017, 05:41 PM   #47 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

The new update coming out for Spektrum integration presumably also includes telemetry alarms for Graupner integration. We finally have complete integration.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

01/08/17 exit 3.1.010 version with the missing Graupner radio alarm.
Great work! thanks
kevin75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,
I integrated Brain 2 with Graupner telemetry and all the time I have the alarm "low input voltage". I have an ESC YGE 200HV that does not give the voltage value to brain2. In the brain program I have telemetry off, but it's still the alarm. How to turn it off?

Regards
Radziaf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Graupner MZ-24 Pro Brain2 mini telem integration

Got it

Last edited by helidog; 08-19-2017 at 08:14 PM..
helidog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #51 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radziaf View Post
Hello,

I integrated Brain 2 with Graupner telemetry and all the time I have the alarm "low input voltage". I have an ESC YGE 200HV that does not give the voltage value to brain2. In the brain program I have telemetry off, but it's still the alarm. How to turn it off?

Regards

Do you get the alarm if the telemetry cable between the Brain and the receiver has been disconnected before powering up?
Old 08-22-2017, 04:53 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fairly new on telemetry...
Under brain hot, esc telemetry settings I am setting up the low voltage alarm. Wondering what is the volltage I have to input on the last row and how I would calculate that...
Noticed that It will not go lower then 7.4v...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2488.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	720257  

Last edited by scoio; 08-22-2017 at 08:24 AM..
scoio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #53 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

It’s the lowest pack voltage that you can tolerate under load. For my 12S packs, I typically set the low voltage threshold to 40V (3.3 V/cell)

Old 08-22-2017, 10:53 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
It’s the lowest pack voltage that you can tolerate under load. For my 12S packs, I typically set the low voltage threshold to 40V (3.3 V/cell)

Thanks Alan,
Basically the value is for the 2 lipos in series not as single pack... if I well understood..
Old 08-23-2017, 10:00 AM   #55 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default MSH Brain and Graupner integration

Correct, because that’s what the ESC sees.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing I noticed in regards rotor RPM telemetry reading. If you use HW esc governor (fixed wing), despite you input the main gear and tail gear ratio on governor panel 12 in the software, the reading are way out....I set the HS around 2000 rpm on my goblin and had a reading of 3600.
I then switched to Brain gov and readings are accurate....
Old 08-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
Do you get the alarm if the telemetry cable between the Brain and the receiver has been disconnected before powering up?
No, the alarm only appears when Brain is connected to the receiver. Without connecting Brain -> Receiver everything is ok.

I made a re-update of the receiver (software V 3a39) according to Graupner instructions (update 2 times and reser to factory settings) and nothing changed.
Radziaf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No, the alarm only appears when Brain is connected to the receiver. Without connecting Brain -> Receiver everything is ok.

I made a re-update of the receiver (software V 3a39) according to Graupner instructions (update 2 times and reser to factory settings) and nothing changed.
Config.mtr? Log.csv? Event.csv?
Old 08-25-2017, 07:51 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Okay, I've been able to reproduce the problem and now I have understood the cause of the problem.
It is due to a software bug of the Transmitter.
Even if you exclude the voltage alarm in the "Voice trigger" menu, the voice alarm is not turned off.
The transmitter "Voice trigger" function don't work (do nothing).

The workaround is to let users to reduce the Brain2 Voltage MIN alarm value to zero (now the minimum setting value for Voltage MIN alarm corresponds to a Lipo 2S discharged). This in the next release.

Meanwhile, I report the bug to Graupner for the next Transmitter firmware update.

Thank for the information.

What I don't understand is why you want anyway to use the HoTT+Telemetry protocol also if you are using an ESC (YGE) that don't have and don't transmit any telemetry values for temperature, current, battery voltage and battery discharge.
Why you don't use the normal "HoTT" protocol (without telemetry) or as suggested by TheBum don't use the HoTT+Telemetry but without the telemetry connection to the receiver?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170825_143413.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	720542  

Last edited by BrainDev; 08-25-2017 at 08:01 AM..
BrainDev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2017, 11:18 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am so glad I have found this thread. I have just finished building my trex 800 treker with the included Castle Creation 120hv ESC. I am using a Brain 2 BT with a Graupner mz-24 pro and a GR-16 Rx. I am just looking at buying the resistor to make the cable or a ready made cable if available in the UK. I made the mistake of setting up CC telemetry in the Brain software without the resistor in place. The ESC would not arm at all but the motor kept twitching. Once I turned telemetry off I could arm the ESC and test the motor and set the throttle end points in the Brain software. I too had the constant alarm on the Tx of "ESC input voltage low" and couldn't turn it off without turning off telemetry on the Tx. Then a new problem appeared.
I have the Rx, Brain 2 and servos running off a separate lipo through a 6v BEC and then through a switch. suddenly I lost power in the Brain 2. all the servos stopped, lights out on the Brain 2 but the Rx still had a green light and still a red light on the BEC. If I turn the switch off and back on, the Brain powered back up for a few minutes and then did the same thing again, dead until the power is turned off and on again. It did it about five times until I decided I had better leave things for the day before the lot went through the window.
I am sure the CC ESC was giving five beeps but I couldn't find any reference to what five beeps would mean.

Anyone know if a ready made cable, with the resistor, is available in the UK?
Once I can get everything to work it should be fantastic, the mz-24 pro is a wonderful radio.

Thanks for any advice
Snowy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in