Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 330X

Blade 330X Blade 330X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #61 (permalink)
Closed Account

I said recently that I was interested in getting one but now I can't justify the cost. $389.99 USD ($488.07 CAD not including taxes and shipping) just for the heli...no way. Second hand I might consider. Blade got me into this infernal hobby.....the lovable PITA that it is....lol. I'm staying with Blade and have no desire to have a fleet or any other brand. I'll stay with my B450 size heli. This new 330x is a good idea for blade and long time over due. It's flybarless...metal gear servo's...and has an uncomplicated FBL unit that's PnP. Good on you Horizon. The motor....need I say more about that.
Inverted Hokie likes this.
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2017, 10:00 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

These are some serious first world problems here... Let's be thankful that Blade / Horizon are continuing to make newer heli models, even if they use older parts.

Horizon / Blade also got me into the hobby and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Horizon has ALWAYS stood behind their products and tried to make things right if something went wrong. Even if I got a second hand lemon Blade product, it taught me how to repair, troubleshoot, and learn. It's always easy to bash and be negative but that does nothing. If you don't like something, don't buy it. I for one love having the choices available and I praise you Blade / HH for keeping the hobby going.

God Bless America!
jasond1979 and Helithunder like this.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I consider the 330X a re-brand of an old favorite...and evidently the sales numbers made sense to bring back the 450X and ensure it's continuation for years to come...

As for the FBL...well, the 270CFX taught us something about MicroBeast FBL's...they cost money to install and more money to unlock...and Horizon wanted a price point

Most HeliFreaks are into upgrades and mods...making an original model fly better or better suited for the flying style...so I will have no problem adding a NIP Lynx 450X stretch kit and swapping the 636A for an iKON

I am just happy that the 450X is being revived and the Blade dominance in the heli market will continue

H8ter's hate...crashers crash...but I'll get one of these anyway with no room or desire for anything larger
Old 08-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
I consider the 330X a re-brand of an old favorite...and evidently the sales numbers made sense to bring back the 450X and ensure it's continuation for years to come...

As for the FBL...well, the 270CFX taught us something about MicroBeast FBL's...they cost money to install and more money to unlock...and Horizon wanted a price point

Most HeliFreaks are into upgrades and mods...making an original model fly better or better suited for the flying style...so I will have no problem adding a NIP Lynx 450X stretch kit and swapping the 636A for an iKON

I am just happy that the 450X is being revived and the Blade dominance in the heli market will continue

H8ter's hate...crashers crash...but I'll get one of these anyway with no room or desire for anything larger

So now with the introduction of the new 360cfx 3s , im totally confused , CFX frame or plastic frame on 330 ? How durable was the 450x frame ? price is a little steep for me on new 360, still leaning towards 330.. thoughts ?
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 05:36 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Intermediate Helis

Interesting to see these 2 new models the 330x and the 360 CFX 3S. I have been bashing Horizon recently as their support for the UK market recently particularly closing their office here has gone down the pan.

But I must say the fact they continue to introduce new models, or in this case revamp old models is good news for heli flyers in general although these models are quite similar and just makes you wonder what market they are after exactly, I would say both these realistically are advanced models.

I have been saying for a while that they need a 3s intermediate, non motor driven tail with safe for pilots wanting to progress who are not ready for a 6s monster or not confident enough building a kit and setting it up from scratch. So really surprised since they have dropped Beast and gone with their own FBL that they do not have a SAFE function on one of these. I would also question the price 380 for the 330X here in the UK and even more so 500 for the 360CFX 3s, they are both too expensive for what they are. For that you could build an Align 470, which would appear to have better electronics.

I have recently took the leap of faith to build an Oxy 3, which is my first ever build, this has cost me around 500 but for that you get an MSH Brain 2, a Castle Creations Talon 35, decent metal gear servos and the Lynx EOX motor. It has been a little bit of a learning curve particularly to get the setup of the FBL and the head spot on and there have been a few head scratching, searching the internet and frustrating moments but in the end it has all been worth while. I am certainly no 3d flyer and have my Oxy 3 toned down more to my abilities at the moment.

So I applaud Horizon for new models, but I think they missed a trick not including SAFE on one of these. If you don't feel confident building a kit then I can see the appeal of these models with lower cell costs, but for the money I would consider building a kit choosing your own electrionics. With patience you can do it.
slumdog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 05:44 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally, I think lower cell count is unnecessary. It will save you money on packs in the end though. Any 6s can be toned down to where it is very docile. Easily done through your tx/ESC settings. A 6s system is generally more efficient and there is always more power when you need it later. If a system is 6s it should not intimidate anyone that's for sure.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 06:30 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
So now with the introduction of the new 360cfx 3s , im totally confused , CFX frame or plastic frame on 330 ? How durable was the 450x frame ? price is a little steep for me on new 360, still leaning towards 330.. thoughts ?
Flip a coin on the frame. Crashed my 450x pretty good a couple times and never broke it then watched a friend gently flop his on it's side and demolished the frame.

Never broke the frame on a cfx but servo access was terrible compared to the 450x. Or any other heli I've owned. Taking a bunch of stuff apart to get at the bottom screw of the back servo was beyond annoying. Maybe with the right tool you can get at it but doubt it since I've been able to get at things others complain about but couldn't get at that screw.

Makes me sad to see ppl say they're going to stick with Blade forever. I used to say the same thing until a lemon 300cfx and weeks of being blamed by tech support for its issues to push me to try something else.

Got a Oxy3 and had such a good experience I went on a classifieds spree buying several different models from different brands.

Not only did I get to experience how different helis are designed and how they fly, buying from 10+yr veterans of the hobby allowed me to see little build tricks those guys use.

How they wire, where/how they mount electronics, how they orient a tailboom mounted servo, ect. Little things you may never think of that can make a huge difference in tail hold, vibration levels, ect ect.

Got a 500 stretch airborne for $325 lipos and spares included that just happened to be one of the best helis I've ever owned. Although I ended up selling it cause I'm partial to 450's

Even the ones that I ended up not liking compared to others had features/methods of assembly I could appreciate. More variety I experienced the more I learned what aspects I liked and disliked.

This one flies amazing but sucks to work on, like working on this one but it flies like a dumptruck, this one I don't like either lol.

Finally found a heli that touched all the bases. Enjoyed working on it and it just clicked for me in the air. My little flying routine looked better flying it than it did on helis I'd been flying for 2yrs.

Had I stopped at heli#1 of brand#3 I never would have found my personal zen heli. Would I have been happy if I stopped before then?? Absolutely but that's because ignorance is bliss. Simply wouldn't have known what I was missing. There isn't one brand or model that's best for everyone so it's going to take research and trying out as many as possible to find yours.

Yeah some sucked and ended up in "the pile" but come in handy anytime I need a screw, bearing or whatever. Plus they showed me what to avoid.

Was a fun learning experience that gained me more knowledge than I ever expected.

If you've tried some variety and landed on Blade that's all good(and a first lol) If you​haven't I strongly encourage you to see what else is out there. All rc helis are cool in their own way but some are definitely better than others.

Don't fall for marketing hype either. A lot harder for me to adjust things in the flight controller on my 230 than it is one of my SK540's. Same with planes, the AR receivers are the hardest ones in existence to program.

"Simple" fbl simply means less features, not easier to program. Once you learn how to use your fbl you'll appreciate the extra adjustments.

Anyways sorry for the novel. Hate to see ppl sell themselves short. I started with Blade and learned a ton from them but once I experienced other brands and models I discovered why so many bash them.

They're not just being a dick. Well most of them anyway lol
msharafinski likes this.

Last edited by learnedthehardway; 08-04-2017 at 07:18 AM..
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2017, 08:41 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
I think you can find a used 360 2-blade, or even a trio. I have the trio and it's not bad, but does have some issues with tail torque pre-comp. Hard to tic-toc without setting the precomp (menu F) really high b/c the nose wants to go left when you jam on the collective. Almost like the tail rotor blades are too small.

Anyway, I say try to find a used 360 if you don't want to take the full kit plunge, i.e. Goblin 420. If you can rock the 270, then the 360 won't be a prob.

Hope this helps.
Inverted Hokie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 09:43 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I personally would like to see them continue their relationship with BeastX and evolve the product offerings. It seems the BeastX folks may be making that hard at the price points Blade needs to hit.
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in