XK K110 Change that foam tape! - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XK K110 Change that foam tape!

Just thought I'd chime in with an experience: I bought a k110 after listening to all the hype, got it all setup (calibrated, pitch/throttle curves, rates, etc...) and was quite disappointed with the performance. It felt very slippery and the tail was drifting all over the place (not blowing out, but just wandering sometimes as much as 90 degrees). After trying everything I could think of to no avail, I noticed the mounting foam was the same stuff that comes with those eachine micro quads and that it caused all sorts of problems with transferring vibrations on them. So I swapped it out with some mounting tape that comes with MSH brain, and BOOM what a drastic difference that made!

It now flies exactly like I see in all these videos. I am actually shocked at how well this little guy flies, so much fun For reference, all these troubles were from the get go without crashing. I can only speculate that my machine has some unbalanced blades or motor causing some vibrations the flight controller is not happy with. At any rate, I cannot emphasize enough the insane "night and day" difference this little change made, so if you are having issues like mine that you just can't seem to solve - try this!

This is the tape that comes with MSH brain: http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-u...3242444&rt=rud

Click image for larger version

Name:	foam.PNG
Views:	61
Size:	699.6 KB
ID:	717854
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, while mine flew really well with the stock tape, it flies even better with the good 3M stuff!

It's a remarkably good machine, for a ridiculous price.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've tried both stock and 3M foam and didn't notice a difference flying hard-ish 3D.
LiquidDrift is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2017, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail holds better, you feel more connected to the heli.

The new helis comes with 2 pieces of foam, one on the front and on the back of the controller, very soft and not secure if you move the heli around, you will see the controller that comes almost loose, following the movement that you make by hand.

Personally using the double side tape from Lowe's, 3M white, after replacing the foam I feel the heli that follows my commands, tail holds better, not tail drifting after hard flips, better performance, day and night.

Yes, I take my time cutting the foam and working around the electronics, pic shows what I mean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15026596351872079958983.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	719183  

Last edited by salrica; 08-13-2017 at 05:29 PM..
salrica is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.