X110 Batteries - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2017, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default X110 Batteries

What are the preferred batteries for the XK110.
Rocketman777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

LikeYou will hear different opinions, some like the Goo that Banggood sells, some others the Graphene from hobbyking, I do prefer the Glaciers.
I own Graphene, Glaciers and the stock ones.
The ones that gives me more punch and never bogs, Glacier.
The last 2 that came with the BNF helis were good packs, odd, but good packs.

http://www.buddyrc.com/glacier-25c-600mah-1s.html

It depends on your $ and your flying style.

Edit,
Forgot to mention, don't use the charger that came with the heli, guess you already know that
salrica is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The charger that comes with the batteries ...... is that one ok? What balance charger do you recommend - I am in the market. Thanks!
Rocketman777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Change the connector to a JST or make/buy an adapter. It will open up a lot more battery options. Just trim the nubs off the battery holder for them.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Charger from hobby King or in the classifieds.

Icharger

http://www.buddyrc.com/icharger-106b.html

And the power supply, you can get the combo or going cheap the Imax.
It depends if you want to stick with the hobby, get a good charger, you would not spend twice.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6a...___store=en_us
Old 08-13-2017, 07:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Change the connector to a JST or make/buy an adapter. It will open up a lot more battery options. Just trim the nubs off the battery holder for them.
When you change the losi (or are they molex?) connector on the ESC, is it just a matter of carefully removing the pins from the losi K110 esc connector and sliding them into the appropriate JST housing? Sorry don't own any losi style batteries to compare.

Last edited by Thtasher; 08-13-2017 at 08:28 AM..
Thtasher is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi!

I'm new to the forum and Heli's, but have an XK K110 on its way. I'd like to buy some quality extra batteries from the US so they can be here within a week, but I'm not sure where to get the JST connectors - and if there's a reasonably priced charger that will charge multiple batteries at a time - and do it in a way that preserves the life of the batteries.

So, in short - is there a place where I could order the JST connectors, quality batteries, and a good/healthy multiple battery charger ... in the US (preferably all from the same place)?

Thanks in advance!
Chuck
Ringo1079 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtasher View Post
When you change the losi (or are they molex?) connector on the ESC, is it just a matter of carefully removing the pins from the losi K110 esc connector and sliding them into the appropriate JST housing? Sorry don't own any losi style batteries to compare.
I just bought a bag of male/female JST connectors with wires and soldered the new one to the board after removing the original.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just bought a bag of male/female JST connectors with wires and soldered the new one to the board after removing the original.
Thanks, with a bit more research I realized those losi/molex connectors are basically a sealed unit. New to micros
Old 08-14-2017, 06:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Change the connector to a JST or make/buy an adapter. ...
+1

After swapping out the connector, I'm really liking the HobbyKing 600mAh Graphenes
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2017, 08:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

[....HobbyKing 600mAh Graphenes[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately out of stock here in Australia
Old 08-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by salrica View Post
Charger from hobby King or in the classifieds.

Icharger

iCharger 106B+ 250W 10A 6S Balance Charger

And the power supply, you can get the combo or going cheap the Imax.
It depends if you want to stick with the hobby, get a good charger, you would not spend twice.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6a...___store=en_us

Is this charger capable of charging multiple batteries simultaneously? If so, what is needed to do so?

Thanks!
Chuck
Old 08-14-2017, 11:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1079 View Post
Is this charger capable of charging multiple batteries simultaneously? If so, what is needed to do so?

Thanks!
Chuck
I really like my Q6 charger. It can easily charge several k110 batteries at once. It also has enough power if you decide to go bigger someday. I also use it to charge my 6S batteries for my Trex 470L. This charger, like most chargers in this hobby, won't just plug into your wall socket, it will need a DC power supply. You need something with at least the wattage and amp rating of your charger.
Power Supply - Charging Systems

iSDT Q6 Plus 300W 14A 6S Battery ChargeriSDT Q6 Plus 300W 14A 6S Battery Charger

To charge multiple 1S batteries like we use on the k110, you only need a parallel charge cable. Since these are only 1S batteries you don't need to worry about a balance adapter just yet. Wired in parallel, the charger just sees all the batteries as one big 1S battery. The Q6 uses XT60 connectors so you need a parallel cable with male XT60 to female JST. Here is the one I made. You just connect all the positives together and all the negatives together.

XT60 connectors Genuine XT60 Connectors (2 Pairs, Yellow)
JST female Pigtail Male JST Connectors (5 Pieces, ESC / Charger Side) These are what you also us to replace the connector on the ESC of the helicopter.

And here are the Glacier batteries.
Glacier 25C 600mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo Battery
brian2kgt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2017, 07:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2kgt View Post
I really like my Q6 charger. It can easily charge several k110 batteries at once. It also has enough power if you decide to go bigger someday. I also use it to charge my 6S batteries for my Trex 470L. This charger, like most chargers in this hobby, won't just plug into your wall socket, it will need a DC power supply. You need something with at least the wattage and amp rating of your charger.

iSDT Q6 Plus 300W 14A 6S Battery ChargeriSDT Q6 Plus 300W 14A 6S Battery Charger

To charge multiple 1S batteries like we use on the k110, you only need a parallel charge cable. Since these are only 1S batteries you don't need to worry about a balance adapter just yet. Wired in parallel, the charger just sees all the batteries as one big 1S battery. The Q6 uses XT60 connectors so you need a parallel cable with male XT60 to female JST. Here is the one I made. You just connect all the positives together and all the negatives together.

JST female Pigtail Male JST Connectors (5 Pieces, ESC / Charger Side) These are what you also us to replace the connector on the ESC of the helicopter.

Brian2kgt... this was SO helpful; thank you very much for taking the time to thoughtfully school me on what's what!

I have a couple higher end PSUs, so I like the idea of the Q6. Is there a learning curve with the charger, or is it pretty much automated?

Again, thank you so much for such a thorough and helpful response!

Chuck
Old 08-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Brian2kgt... this was SO helpful; thank you very much for taking the time to thoughtfully school me on what's what!

I have a couple higher end PSUs, so I like the idea of the Q6. Is there a learning curve with the charger, or is it pretty much automated?

Chuck
Old 08-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just realized that the link I posted for the JST connectors is confusing. The picture shows female connectors and the description says "ESC/Charger side" which is correct for female but it also says Male in the title? I don't know what is going on there, I ordered mine from Amazon and got the male/female set.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JUDP5NY/
Old 08-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1079 View Post

Chuck
It's pretty easy to use and automated. Just select the battery type(Lipo) and cell count(1S) then select your charge current(Amps). The recommended charge rate for the Glacier 600mah batteries is 1.2A each or what is known as a 2C rate. If you for example hook up 3 at once in parallel like I do, you can then charge at 3.6A because the charger thinks it is just charging one 1800mah battery.

The Q6 actually doesn't come with any wires, just some extra male XT60 connectors. You have to either build your own input lead and charging lead or you have to find what you need prebuilt from somewhere.

Last edited by brian2kgt; 08-15-2017 at 05:19 PM..
Old 08-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

This combo
"The Starter" 350W Combo - ProgressiveRC
The squid
Parallel (6x) JST Charge Cable - ProgressiveRC

I charge 6s 4400mah with this charger, been serving for years, not a problem.

Something to chew on

How-To: Parallel Charging - TJinTech
Old 08-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It's pretty easy to use and automated. Just select the battery type(Lipo) and cell count(1S) then select your charge current(Amps). The recommended charge rate for the Glacier 600mah batteries is 1.2A each or what is known as a 2C rate. If you for example hook up 3 at once in parallel like I do, you can then charge at 3.6A because the charger thinks it is just charging one 1800mah battery.

The Q6 actually doesn't come with any wires, just some extra male XT60 connectors. You have to either build your own input lead and charging lead or you have to find what you need prebuilt from somewhere.
Thanks again, very much - very helpful!

Chuck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.