Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree268Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
Hey, that looks good. I also like the idea that you changed the type of battery connector.
Thanks Desmond, the jst are too small and pulling them apart is an issue for me, most of my batteries have the XT60's so I put that on, much easier to connect and disconnect. I know its a bit overkill probably the XT30 would be perfect for it but I would have to change all my batteries over. Thanks again good flying to you!
BgSkyFlyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Grounded

Yeah... broke AR guide and cracked windshield - upside down crash. Back in action in a few days.
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2017, 07:27 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_How View Post
Yeah... broke AR guide and cracked windshield - upside down crash. Back in action in a few days.

Wow, little to no damage from an inverted crash, nice! Shows the resilience of this little bird eh

I'm just back from the field after another few flights, trying to coordinate rudder with cyclic when flipping upright/inverted - not easy! I've yet to master this particular combination of inputs, more sim time methinks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndyO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 05:01 AM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another 8 packs at the field, loving the weather we've had the past couple of weeks, really starting to feel completely comfortable in the air regardless of orientation/position/movement etc. Over 120 flights so far this August!

Old 08-28-2017, 05:37 AM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Repairing...
JoseRamonMoreno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 07:12 AM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stick time is all there is to it. I am trying to build daily sim time to my daily routine as I have only Saturday mornings or the occasional event to fly. I feel my progression is really slow because of this.

So good deal you are flying so much and progressing so fast. Pretty soon you'll be showing off insane flights it feels great when you make a big step forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post
Another 8 packs at the field, loving the weather we've had the past couple of weeks, really starting to feel completely comfortable in the air regardless of orientation/position/movement etc. Over 120 flights so far this August!

mos2k likes this.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 09:43 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol, it will be a long time before any "insane" flights! I am taking plenty of time, probably too slow....i work from home and have had the last week off, so I've taken every opportunity that presents itself to get up the field or cricket pitch.

I have decided that a Protos 380 is going to be my first proper kit heli, hopefully in the next month, but I'll still fly my 230S I'm sure

Old 08-28-2017, 10:01 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's nothing that can beat the 230S in my opinion as a beginner heli. Super resistant and cheap to own and crash. But if you have the space you will definitely like how a kit heli flies, specially on that size range 10 times more. Just make sure you take it very slow as the change in power and response can be overwhelming. If you keep using Rescue on your 230S you probably should also have it on your kit heli at least until you get used to it.

I do miss my 230S because of that but I fell pray to the bling route and I am sure would do that again, minimizing the cost benefit. At this point I am flying high and my crash ratio has decreased significantly mostly having failure crashes, not as much dumb thumbs.

Make sure you double and triple check everything before you fly and I am sure you will enjoy it and move to the next phase of the hobby. Good luck mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post
Lol, it will be a long time before any "insane" flights! I am taking plenty of time, probably too slow....i work from home and have had the last week off, so I've taken every opportunity that presents itself to get up the field or cricket pitch.

I have decided that a Protos 380 is going to be my first proper kit heli, hopefully in the next month, but I'll still fly my 230S I'm sure

Podcast host Skids Up
Old 08-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Toad, advice noted!

Old 08-31-2017, 12:12 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

After flying my 180cfx, Oxy2, 470lp, protos 500, 130s, k110 and goblin 280, my conclusion is the 230s is the cheapest and easiest way to learn cp helis. Easy to grow with.
For a while I was enjoying the oxy 2, but for learning new things, it's not the best. Very fast and also since the head speed is blazing, every touch down or smallest crash guarantees I have broken something.

Also a simple part like grips are 12 bucks a pop right!. I've gone through 3. Aluminum bends and causes vibs. I prefer plastic grips.

Can't wait till the plastic grips are released for the oxy 2.

But I've crashed my 230s head in, tail in, straight down and there were so many times it was a simple dust off or blade grip, tail prop change and off I went.

Miss those days. I'm in the process of getting a new motor and esc as I killed those a few weeks back when she was stuck in a tree!

I was gonna retire her, but I have much learning to do and the 230s grows along with you.
The esc and motor in one pop is the most damage I've done - self inflicted too.

Also with the 230s, you crash, repair and never have to chase vibs. The plastic breaks or it doesn't!

Servos are durable too.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2017, 01:20 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree. I keep recommending that heli to any one starting on the hobby. I had to sacrifice them but because I have a personal issue and was bedazzled by the Goblins. I don't regret it as I am very happy with them except when I crash

But I have shifted to just learning on the sim and using the real helis for fun and scrapping the cheap crashable heli for learning. My crash ratio has gone down because I fly well within my skill limits and I am progressing slowly but part of the reason why I am on the hobby are Goblins. You know to each his own.

But +1 for the little 230S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
After flying my 180cfx, Oxy2, 470lp, protos 500, 130s, k110 and goblin 280, my conclusion is the 230s is the cheapest and easiest way to learn cp helis. Easy to grow with.
For a while I was enjoying the oxy 2, but for learning new things, it's not the best. Very fast and also since the head speed is blazing, every touch down or smallest crash guarantees I have broken something.

Also a simple part like grips are 12 bucks a pop right!. I've gone through 3. Aluminum bends and causes vibs. I prefer plastic grips.

Can't wait till the plastic grips are released for the oxy 2.

But I've crashed my 230s head in, tail in, straight down and there were so many times it was a simple dust off or blade grip, tail prop change and off I went.

Miss those days. I'm in the process of getting a new motor and esc as I killed those a few weeks back when she was stuck in a tree!

I was gonna retire her, but I have much learning to do and the 230s grows along with you.
The esc and motor in one pop is the most damage I've done - self inflicted too.

Also with the 230s, you crash, repair and never have to chase vibs. The plastic breaks or it doesn't!

Servos are durable too.
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 08-31-2017, 01:23 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
I agree. I keep recommending that heli to any one starting on the hobby. I had to sacrifice them but because I have a personal issue and was bedazzled by the Goblins. I don't regret it as I am very happy with them except when I crash

But I have shifted to just learning on the sim and using the real helis for fun and scrapping the cheap crashable heli for learning. My crash ratio has gone down because I fly well within my skill limits and I am progressing slowly but part of the reason why I am on the hobby are Goblins. You know to each his own.

But +1 for the little 230S
I'm loving my goblin 280. So awesome. But need more flights to get the real feel and see how she crashes.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2017, 05:59 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgSkyFlyr View Post
Thanks Desmond, the jst are too small and pulling them apart is an issue for me, most of my batteries have the XT60's so I put that on, much easier to connect and disconnect. I know its a bit overkill probably the XT30 would be perfect for it but I would have to change all my batteries over. Thanks again good flying to you!
Thank you. Yeah those JST's are a bit too small for the 230S. My very first coax heli used JST's and it's kind of crazy that blade is using JST's on a helicopter with many times the agility, power, and speed. And I sure have one heck of a time disconnecting those JST's after a flight.
Desmond is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2017, 08:01 AM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
Thank you. Yeah those JST's are a bit too small for the 230S. My very first coax heli used JST's and it's kind of crazy that blade is using JST's on a helicopter with many times the agility, power, and speed. And I sure have one heck of a time disconnecting those JST's after a flight.
Mine are not hot after flight- would that be a good indicator if too small?
The 230s is a collection of parts that seems to meet a 'minimum acceptable' capacity, but works well as a system. Like all things in life, accept it for what it is. The only upgrade I've found of value is the Lynx carbon/plastic main blade (and I have the tail blades) also.

Last edited by RCFred; 09-02-2017 at 08:11 AM..
RCFred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

What a beautiful late afternoon here in the Northeast. Sunshine and no wind whatsoever. Flew a few packs through the 230 and 270. I am just amazed how far RC helicopters have come.
The 230s in my opinion is the best all around trainer you can buy. A great size that can handle a little wind and It fly's so well and predictable. Hat's off to Horizon for this one.
The only change/upgrade I did that works very well and that is the Lynx carbon fiber boom and the Microheli carbon tail blade.And of course the fiberglass canopy.

Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2017, 09:30 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

crashed again
jackovart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2017, 10:09 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97 View Post
The only change/upgrade I did that works very well and that is the Lynx carbon fiber boom and the Microheli carbon tail blade.And of course the fiberglass canopy
And the AL canopy pins, and ...
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got two of these back in the air. New hand made carbon booms. New frames. All original electronics, and motors. Bearings all lubed and running smooth. i spent yesterday and today going over the set up with a fine tooth comb, got these birds locked in and doing some hands off inverted hovering, not bad for being a couple of years old. Kudos to blade on this bird, it is a true entry level hobbyist platform. Did i say all original electronics and motors, were talking thousands of flights. Now if i can just keep them out of the trees. cheers 230s'ers.

Last edited by jackovart; 09-24-2017 at 05:28 PM..
jackovart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2017, 05:20 PM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice one!

jackovart likes this.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
Stick time is all there is to it. I am trying to build daily sim time to my daily routine as I have only Saturday mornings or the occasional event to fly. I feel my progression is really slow because of this.
You're not alone. Due to various circumstances I have almost no time for anything anymore. I am replacing the tail boom on my 230S but it's been sitting on the bench for about a month now, I have the replacement boom but no time to finish the repair much less fly it.
Desmond is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in