Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2017, 02:33 AM   #261 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Perfect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2017, 05:36 PM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't get a new flight to save. Am I just stupid or am I missing some thing or both lol. Help would be apreciated. Running the newest IOS version.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2017, 02:30 AM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer View Post
I can't get a new flight to save. Am I just stupid or am I missing some thing or both lol. Help would be apreciated. Running the newest IOS version.
I assume from that statement, the Save button is disabled on the Add flight page?

If so, for electric models make sure you select all packs for the flight. And for wet fuel make sure you select the percentage of tank used. If using a receiver pack, make sure you have one selected (if no Rx packs are listed, make sure you have created at least one and it's charged first).

If that does not fix it, please PM or email me.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Align T-Rex 600EFL Pro, 550E DFC and 500 PRO DFC
Blade mCPX and mSR. Spektrum DX9
RC Flight and Battery Log App
DrSteve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
I assume from that statement, the Save button is disabled on the Add flight page?

If so, for electric models make sure you select all packs for the flight. And for wet fuel make sure you select the percentage of tank used. If using a receiver pack, make sure you have one selected (if no Rx packs are listed, make sure you have created at least one and it's charged first).

If that does not fix it, please PM or email me.
Thank you.Still having issues. PM sent.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Old 08-18-2017, 01:40 AM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Dr Steve,

Great app, been using it now for a few months and getting used to how it works, very nice job.

One of the features from an old flight logging app I found really useful was the "maintainance in X flights" feature. Many helis have parts that require looking at every x flights so you set the alert and when you reached that flight number it would let you know maintenance was due. It was not complicated in that you could only set it for one event and the alert was only to say maintenance due (I used the about section to remind me), it was up to you to know what maintenance was due. It was however very useful for remembering to grease metal gears on goblins, check new belt tensions, change rear engine bearings, oil scorpion motors etc etc. Do you think this could be added?
HedgeHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #266 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeHeli View Post
Hi Dr Steve,

Great app, been using it now for a few months and getting used to how it works, very nice job.

One of the features from an old flight logging app I found really useful was the "maintainance in X flights" feature. Many helis have parts that require looking at every x flights so you set the alert and when you reached that flight number it would let you know maintenance was due. It was not complicated in that you could only set it for one event and the alert was only to say maintenance due (I used the about section to remind me), it was up to you to know what maintenance was due. It was however very useful for remembering to grease metal gears on goblins, check new belt tensions, change rear engine bearings, oil scorpion motors etc etc. Do you think this could be added?
That is one of the areas that I definitely plan on improving in the future. No plan for exactly when yet, maybe towards the end of the year in the non-flying winter season!
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 08-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought that now that you are back from holidays you would surprise us with some new stuff!
Old 08-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
I thought that now that you are back from holidays you would surprise us with some new stuff!
Version 2.1.0 released today. Incremental changes, nothing major. Currency is now configurable - which I believe you asked for.

Also if you're using a Spanish or Czech phone, you can disable translation if you don't require it.

If you do want other translations, please let me know.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 08-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #269 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Big thanks for the currency!
Old 08-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #270 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorapture View Post
Big thanks for the currency!
Same here! Thanks for listening!
Old 08-19-2017, 10:58 PM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

Believe I have figured out my issues as well. Setup your batteries before your models. Hope this helps.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Old 08-21-2017, 03:48 AM   #272 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer View Post
Believe I have figured out my issues as well. Setup your batteries before your models. Hope this helps.
Cannot understand why this is an issue? Have you been able to reproduce the problem?

The only reason to setup batteries first would be so that the batteries are available to add to the favourites when setting up the model. But you can always change this later.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 08-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #273 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
That is one of the areas that I definitely plan on improving in the future. No plan for exactly when yet, maybe towards the end of the year in the non-flying winter season!
Great a couple of screen shots of said app. Note this is out of production for the iPhone but I still wont name the app...

HedgeHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2017, 02:31 AM   #274 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe a small idea for guys with a lot of batteries. In the battery list, you can give the option to divide the list in sections representing the model on which these are flown. This way they don't have to spent time searching for their batteries.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI CAN-L01 met Tapatalk
Simon_S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2017, 04:52 AM   #275 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_S View Post
Maybe a small idea for guys with a lot of batteries. In the battery list, you can give the option to divide the list in sections representing the model on which these are flown. This way they don't have to spent time searching for their batteries.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI CAN-L01 met Tapatalk
Unfortunately that's not easy to do. There's no directly link from the battery to which model it's used in (and in my case I use some packs in multiple models). It's the model which defines which packs are suitable (from cell count and capacity range).

If none of the existing battery sorting methods are suitable, I suggest the best solution would be to name the packs after the model they are used in, and sort alphabetically.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 08-24-2017, 07:04 AM   #276 (permalink)
Registered Users

That should work as well, thanks for the suggestion!
Old 09-06-2017, 06:36 AM   #277 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Version 3.0.0

Coming soon!

NFC Tag reader (Android only, not available on iOS yet due to limitations imposed by Apple)
Stick NFC tags on models and batteries to instantly jump to model and add flights without pressing any buttons!
Use industry standard NTAG213 (others may be compatible) the app only reads the unique ID from the tag, nothing is written. In theory it should work with Bump tags (currently untested).
(Please note: Due to the amount of work involved I have decided to charge a little extra for this feature)

Tasks improvements
Tasks can now have expiry dates, with optional repeat after N days. and/or reminder after a number of flights.

QR Codes on models
Models can now be selected with QR Code, like batteries.

Any questions, please fire away, or PM me.
Wahoo likes this.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 09-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #278 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using the app but probably on the minimal of its capabilities. I think not only me but probably others just want to keep a record of their helis and their flights. Recommended routine maintenance would be perfect use for this simple data. But my request is to do a simple mode to log flights. Usually I fly or go to an event and at the end I log my flights. Today I have to go into Log flight each time and enter the same info plus remember how many times I have clicked the button or go back to the log to make sure I logged the correct number of flights. How about a way to add X number of flights if they were all mostly identical? That way I can enter all information just once.

Also since you are dwelling into NFC I don't know if you can link to the Mikado and Revo tags which I think are the ones used in the hobby today. And Revo chargers I think read Mikado's so would make sense to attach to the same platform.

Finally when adding locations if you are not physically at the location it's hard to add it. Would be nice to allow a regular Google Maps search to get a place you are. It currently physically at.

As you can see I am mostly looking for ways to log after the fact and not after each flight which is how I feel the app is designed. But would be nice to have an alternative.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #279 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also often log after the fact, so a drop down of favourite locations and an option to record multiple flights would be great.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #280 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
I have been using the app but probably on the minimal of its capabilities. I think not only me but probably others just want to keep a record of their helis and their flights. Recommended routine maintenance would be perfect use for this simple data. But my request is to do a simple mode to log flights. Usually I fly or go to an event and at the end I log my flights. Today I have to go into Log flight each time and enter the same info plus remember how many times I have clicked the button or go back to the log to make sure I logged the correct number of flights. How about a way to add X number of flights if they were all mostly identical? That way I can enter all information just once.
Ok. That should be easy enough to add. I will try and get that into v3.0.0.

Quote:
Also since you are dwelling into NFC I don't know if you can link to the Mikado and Revo tags which I think are the ones used in the hobby today. And Revo chargers I think read Mikado's so would make sense to attach to the same platform.
I am hoping that the Revo Bump tags will work fine. As I said I am just reading the unique ID from the tag, and I believe the Revo tags are basically NTAG213's as I've been testing with. At this time I am NOT looking to read the data (pack information) from the tag, just to link the ID to the model/battery in my app. Trouble is I don't have any Revo hardware, or even know anyone that uses their hardware. I don't even know if the data format is in the public domain.

If someone is able to send me some old tags for testing with, please PM me.

Quote:
Finally when adding locations if you are not physically at the location it's hard to add it. Would be nice to allow a regular Google Maps search to get a place you are. It currently physically at.
You can scroll around, and zoom in/out. Using this it should not take too long to find a place! Would entering the lat/long values directly help?
RCHN #280
Goblin 700

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in