A V977.. - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2016, 05:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Would it be safe to assume that the V977 and the K100/110 share the same spindle? I need some and only the K110 spindle is on stock on BG..

This was what I ordered until I realized it won't be in stock for a while...

http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V966-...-p-921575.html

This is what I'm hoping will work as well..

http://www.banggood.com/XK-K100-K110...-p-992575.html

Thanks for all your help guys, you are awesome.

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 11:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

They should work fine. The V977 and K110 are basically the same heli. The only difference is the K110 has a different main board, longer tail motor with a larger shaft and a tail blade with a larger hole. All other parts should be interchangeable.

Also, the K110 tail motor is much better so next time you need a tail motor get the K110 motor and some K120 tail blades. It's a great setup and fits the stock V977 tail motor mount. Another great & cheap mod is to use V931 blades, they give much better lift. I use the $2.43 (shipped) generic ones and love them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201570470249...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And you're welcome for the help.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber View Post
They should work fine. The V977 and K110 are basically the same heli. The only difference is the K110 has a different main board, longer tail motor with a larger shaft and a tail blade with a larger hole. All other parts should be interchangeable.

Also, the K110 tail motor is much better so next time you need a tail motor get the K110 motor and some K120 tail blades. It's a great setup and fits the stock V977 tail motor mount. Another great & cheap mod is to use V931 blades, they give much better lift. I use the $2.43 (shipped) generic ones and love them.
4pcs Main Tail Blade Propeller Blades Parts Fr WLtoys V931 XK K123 RC Helicopter | eBay

And you're welcome for the help.
Great tips! I'll be sure to get the new tail setup and main blades the next time I order some parts. Thanks again

Old 08-28-2016, 08:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by corywrx View Post
Would it be safe to assume that the V977 and the K100/110 share the same spindle? I need some and only the K110 spindle is on stock on BG..

This was what I ordered until I realized it won't be in stock for a while...

http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V966-...-p-921575.html

This is what I'm hoping will work as well..

http://www.banggood.com/XK-K100-K110...-p-992575.html

Thanks for all your help guys, you are awesome.
Entire head of the 966, 977, 100, 110 are the same.

Also some of the helimax 100 cp are the same too.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

So the parts finally arrived...lol.

I got her all fixed up and it fixed the "leaning right" issue! However, my tail doesn't hold at ALL.

If you give it any kind of positive collective, the tail spins around about 45 degrees. When hovering it hunts back and forth.

Any ideas?

Old 09-08-2016, 10:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had the tail motor connector pop part way out of the main board during a crash and cause similar problems.

Second most likely cause is usually a broken solder joint in the tail motor wires right near the motor (under the heat shrink around the tail motor holder). The solder joint breaks but the heat shrink layers keep it sort of held together and making a poor connection.

Some tail rotors will lose more than half of their thrust if they are on backwards.

Cracked tail booms can also cause tail hunting or bounce. Sometimes they crack lengthwise and it's hard to spot unless you twist the boom and it twists very easily and the crack becomes visible. If it's split badly you can even see the tail twist in flight causing all sorts of handling problems because the tail thrust is at an angle. I've never broken one of the Banggood solid tail booms, but all hollow booms like to split or snap.

It's also possible that the tail motor got damaged in a crash, but that's never happened to me and I crash a lot, but it has happened to other people. It's also possible vibrations could be messing up the gyros, but it would have to be pretty bad and very noticeable with the skids or the center hole of the rotor head looking very blurry. I've never heard of these tail motor FETs on the main board going bad like they do on Blade helis.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber View Post
I've had the tail motor connector pop part way out of the main board during a crash and cause similar problems.

Second most likely cause is usually a broken solder joint in the tail motor wires right near the motor (under the heat shrink around the tail motor holder). The solder joint breaks but the heat shrink layers keep it sort of held together and making a poor connection.

Some tail rotors will lose more than half of their thrust if they are on backwards.

Cracked tail booms can also cause tail hunting or bounce. Sometimes they crack lengthwise and it's hard to spot unless you twist the boom and it twists very easily and the crack becomes visible. If it's split badly you can even see the tail twist in flight causing all sorts of handling problems because the tail thrust is at an angle. I've never broken one of the Banggood solid tail booms, but all hollow booms like to split or snap.

It's also possible that the tail motor got damaged in a crash, but that's never happened to me and I crash a lot, but it has happened to other people. It's also possible vibrations could be messing up the gyros, but it would have to be pretty bad and very noticeable with the skids or the center hole of the rotor head looking very blurry. I've never heard of these tail motor FETs on the main board going bad like they do on Blade helis.
Connector is on correctly, tail blades are on correctly. I checked the little hole in the rotor head during operation and it's not blurry so I don't think its excess vibration. The boom doesn't appear to have any cracks.

I guess the last resort is to check the tail motor wiring? Can I just push the motor out of the mount to inspect them? I don't want to accidentally rip the wiring off of it so I want to be sure on how to do it properly.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.banggood.com/XK-K110-RC-H...-p-992112.html

+ solid boom
Big: Align 700E. DX8, Phoenix, Lynx Team Pilot
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 10:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
...I guess the last resort is to check the tail motor wiring? Can I just push the motor out of the mount to inspect them? I don't want to accidentally rip the wiring off of it so I want to be sure on how to do it properly.
Sometimes you don't have to take the tail completely apart. If you cut the large heat shrink off of the outside tail motor mount then the wires will be loose to inspect. This large heat shrink is not for electrical insulation, it's used to hold the wires in place and you can't remove the motor with it on.. The motor wires will still each have a separate small heat shrink over the solder joints. Leave the motor in place and take the main blades off and power it up and get the tail rotor spinning and wiggle the loose wires around and see if the connection is bad and the motor cuts out with the wires in certain positions. If they don't you might have to cut the small heat shrink off because you may have a bad tail motor and will have to solder a new one on at these points. If you're lucky it might still be a bad solder connection that will now be visible.

The tail isn't that bad to work on once you have had it apart and know what's where. If you ever have to remove the boom from the frame it's not glued in, it's just very tight. Before you try to pull it out make sure the wires from the front of the boom to the main board are completely loose and hanging out with the tail boom. When you remove the boom you have to pull hard and then it suddenly pops loose and you can rip the tail wires if they are not completely free to come along with the tail boom.

Maybe somebody else might have some ideas of other things to check before you start taking the tail apart. But I have covered what's happened to mine, others may have had other issues with their helis that had your symptoms.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:04 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sadly I still haven't even ordered the new tail for my V977... the long wait times for parts from China + having a new 230s has really put a damper on my desire to fix and fly the little guy. I'm just having too much fun with the 230!

I'm thinking about maybe selling it to somebody who wants to replace the tail or just use the heli for spare parts. Would come with stock battery plus 5 Goo 520mah batteries, and a few spare parts (main gear, spindle, mainshaft).

Old 11-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sadly I still haven't even ordered the new tail for my V977... the long wait times for parts from China + having a new 230s has really put a damper on my desire to fix and fly the little guy. I'm just having too much fun with the 230!

I'm thinking about maybe selling it to somebody who wants to replace the tail or just use the heli for spare parts. Would come with stock battery plus 5 Goo 520mah batteries, and a few spare parts (main gear, spindle, mainshaft).
I'm hoping once I try the 230s I feel the same. The micros are nice, but touchy.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is on it's way to my door as I type this :]
I am in a very similar situation...
Unsung Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.