Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 700X

Blade 700X Blade 700X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2017, 07:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Count

So far about 14 owners with 700x machines, ... we need some gears !

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own a 700X, doesn't get much air time. But, may need tail gear one day. Would hate to part it out for lack of a small gear.
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 01:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

we just need someone with a 3d printer to make some....
jmrcracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 05:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
That being said, The Blade 550x and the Blade 600x are discontinued. The 700x is still in stock and available.

As for us (Horizon Employees) not commenting further, it is Horizon's policy to not comment on our future product plan.

The 550x and 600x owners will have parts support. Historically, we have supported discontinued models for years after the model was discontinued.
So we go from 700X's being "in stock and available" on 12/04/2014.....to can't find tail gears anywhere in two years. Figure tail gears have been hard to find for awhile now and it makes that window even smaller. Personally I don't consider that supporting discontinued models for years. I would consider "supporting models" to be stocking and restocking replacement parts for 3-5+ years. I've owned dozens of E-Flite, Hanger 9 and Blade models and have found that once they're discontinued that what's in current inventory for parts is all we're going to get. That's why for all of my favorites I end up stocking replacement kits, which now that I think about it makes me mad, I shouldn't have to buy two of everything.

I understand parts issues when a company such as Outrage or MA closes shop but HH hasn't gone anywhere, they just discontinue a model and immediately stop supporting it. Having a few unsold parts in inventory isn't supporting anything. Once the parts are gone then that's it. Put your $1500 heli that you bought two years ago on the shelf because you can't buy a $5 gear........awesome product support, Thanks HH

Looking around my shop at just the HH products I've got a 130X, 230S, 300CFX, 360CFX, 700X, ProBoat BlackJack, (2)UMX Beast 3D's, (2) UMX Mig 15's, UMX Habu, Inductrix, Nano QX 3d, Habu, (2) Habu 32X's, Apprentice S, (2) Jackal 50's, Scimitar, Sundowner 36, Spitfire, (2)Eflite F-4's, DX8, DX9 and a DX4S. Now consider that I've sold, crashed or crashed and replaced this list 2-3 times over the years. The majority of more expensive models listed followed the same path as the 700X being available for about two years then being discontinued with the parts supply very quickly drying up afterwards.

I've certainly supported HH but don't think HH has done that for me the majority of the time. As far as product support for current products goes HH is one of the best. However considering parts support for discontinued models they are one of the worst. I've got a 15 year old Kyosho Caliber 30 (My first heli) I bet I could find a set of gears for that more quickly than I can for my 700X.

HH should do the right thing and order us some tail gears.

Last edited by supertoyz; 01-06-2017 at 07:13 PM..
supertoyz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoyz View Post
So we go from 700X's being "in stock and available" to can't find tail gears anywhere in two years. Figure tail gears have been hard to find for awhile now and it makes that window even smaller. Personally I wouldn't consider that supporting discontinued models for years. I would consider "supporting models" to be stocking and restocking replacement parts for 3-5+ years. I've owned dozens of E-Flite, Hanger 9 and Blade models and have found that for virtually all of them, once they are discontinued that what's in inventory for parts is all we're going to get. That's why for all of my favorites I end up stocking replacement kits which now that I think about it makes me mad that I have to do that. I understand parts issues when a company such as Outrage or MA closes shop but HH hasn't gone anywhere, they just discontinue a model and stop supporting it. once the parts are gone then that's it. Put your $1500 heli that you bought two years ago on the shelf because you can't buy a $5 gear........awesome product support, Thanks HH

Looking around my shop at just the HH products I've got a 130X, 230S, 300CFX, 360CFX, 700X, ProBoat BlackJack, (2)UMX Beast 3D's, (2) UMX Mig 15's, UMX Habu, Inductrix, Nano QX 3d, Habu, (2) Habu 32X's, Apprentice S, (2) Jackal 50's, Scimitar, Sundowner 36, Spitfire, (2)Eflite F-4's, DX8, DX9 and a DX4S. This doesn't reflect what I've sold, crashed or crashed and replaced this list 2-3 times over. Now the majority of more expensive models listed followed the same path as the 700X being available for about two years then being discontinued with parts supply drying up within 12-18 months after.

HH should do the right thing and order some tail gears.

I agree 100%, I don't even own a 700x and I have emailed them about this in the past when I saw there were no gears. We are not dealing with a $100-300 model.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoyz View Post
I've got a 15 year old Kyosho Caliber 30 (My first heli) I bet I could find a set of gears for that more quickly than I can for my 700X.
I began to wonder if I could actually back this up.....I spent a total of 15 seconds on this challenge. This link is the first result of a Google search for Caliber 30 parts. Looks like they have almost everything in stock. Tail Gear #CA3054 in stock. In comparison I've been searching for 700X gears all week.

https://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/h...iber-3-30.html
supertoyz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I remember people speculating on how many 700X's were sold. We won't ever know.
Based on the short time it was released till its demise, I would guess a low number. I'll bet due to the problems with the tail gears, and anticipating an upgrade very little inventory was stocked.
Such a shame, I'd sure like to be pushing my 700X to its limits. I guess I should either fly till it dies or sell it.
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please put me down for a couple of sets.
Tail Winds
EJ
N217EJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not just gears...you cannot find torq tubes. No need for tail gears if you bend the tail...

Turning the two I have into shelve queens. Hate to do it, but I'm not going to sell them.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw some align shafts at a shop while on vacation. They look a lot alike, but I didn't get measurements. Might send them a message and see if they will do that for me. I have spares to measure on my end.
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, i was brainstorming the other day and kind of worked through the missing spare parts for my blade 700x. Torque tubes should be easy, aluminum tube cut and glue in the factory splined ends, tail gears though... I have found a few companies that specialize in machining delrin and composites, the ones ive spoken to can scan and replicate with some pretty good tolerances some gears, for a price of course but obviously volume denotes price.
My question is i wonder what Horizon used for a gear material? Is it Delrin? Maybe the delrin with PTFE fiber added for strenght and wear?
I wonder how many people would seriously be interested in getting their hands on some? Frames, bearings are easy as well as aluminum tube for tails. I personally have just about 2 of every other part for the heli, grips, shafts, main and auto gears etc etc but lack a stock of the damn tail gears like many others.
Tim
TimBaconHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2017, 05:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the way they discontinue stuff HH should just set up a small second company to handle keeping old stock up to par with customers needs. No doubt the 700x and many other models would be flying for years to come. I hate feeling like i have to replace my entire fleet every couple years bc of spares problems. I just assume keeping what I have working well at this point in the game.

Regarding HH it makes me not want to purchase any newer models. Maybe china needs to clone some HH stuff to keep us flying. No shame in that if that is what it would take.
plus many others 420 and under
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its totally too bad, i like the model, it flies great, hovers like a rock with no drift and honestly the tail had been durable for me after proper shimming and setting the gain correctly, that being said the tail is wayyyyyy better with a spirit on it and sounds much smother on direction changes etc. Less grind n whine out of it. Likely the spirit govoner has something to do with it too. Either way, its proven durable, quite maintenece free and solid.
That being said its a couple crashes away from the scrap heap and for a $1300.00 investment from Horizon it does feel like i got ripped a little. The kit i have was a year old last october, leftover stock sale ibguess, i dident know it had been discontinued when I bought it. :/ Honestly i figured a big company like Horizon would keep spares going for some years to come not unlike Align or many other companies ive seen, but they dident. I have a ton of spares, but after i got the tail in order the gears took a back burner in my mind and god what a mistake that was. I should have bought 10 packs of each when i had the chance.
All that leads me to a bad taste in my mouth, and most importantly, a brick wall in front of my wallett when it comes to future horizon products as the more I think about it going into the coming season the more it burns me as I, like many, have spent thousands of dollars on Horizon Hobby products only to get bitten like this.
I get business changes, i get the market has changed and them wanting to get out of the big heli business before it hurts the bottom line, but i dont get not supporting previous expensive models for at least 3-5 years after discontinuing, especially with an in demand part like the tail gears many people had trouble with. You can tell me people dident email them, people have posted many times in the forums about it so they definatly know, but chose to leave stock at whatever levels they were the day they cut the cord clearly.
Im going to see where procuring a replacement goes, and if i can get it done for a reasonable price ill keep the model, if not it will go on the for sale forums along with the likely $1000-1500 worth of spares i have to someone who still has their's, or a couple and wants an avenue to keep flying it longer term.
I like the model, they did great with it, but i do not like where im at with keeping a year and a half old model in the air.

Rant over.
Tim

P.S. if anyone seriously is down for looking into a small run of custom machined gears and other parts like torque tubes or whatever parts are nonexistent out there let me know. Places now exist that will copy and machine Delrin/Plastic/Composite parts pretty reasonably if you buy enough of them. 3d scanning and cnc has come along way.
My other opportunity lies with my brother in law whom has access to some pretty high end SLS and molding/casting gear. Either metal or polymer. :/
TimBaconHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700X tail gears

Sorry for being a little late to the party but I would definitely buy extra tail gears BLH5738, BLH5739, BLH5740 & BLH5741.

The 700X is too much fun to fly to let it fade away!
strey1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 12:52 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like tail gears also.
Brokenarrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2017, 04:36 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last not least, please keep positive it's been 4 months since the announce of the run off new parts with No and I will say this out loud:

THERES NO PARTS ! AND I HAVE A FEELING HH WONT DELIVER.

HH SHOULD REFUND ALL ORIGINAL OWNERS

two 700x just got sold well under $ 400.00 each ouch.... That's a loss of $900.00 each how can you explain that?? HH ? Who cares ... right ?

I will rant endlessly HH $1300 no joke.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep this alive guys, I'm working on a solution for gears.
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2017, 07:51 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Parting Out, Blade 700X

I have a Blade 700X, that was assembled incorrectly by the original owner. The tail pitch slider set screw was NOT tight, AND, the pushrod guide bushings were omitted! On maiden attempt, the tail wagged and the tail rotor touched the dirt. The tail gears are still intact, BUT has a shaved tooth....being that parts are hard to find, I am going to PART out the entire heli.

The Canopy has a stress crack at the base (near the battery mount area), The remaining parts are in excellent shape (less the tail gears, and tail rotor blades), as this heli has only spooled up once, and never flown.

Please send me a message with any parts you want to buy off it....I acquired this heli to settle a debt that was owed to me, and I'm just trying to recover what was owed to me. See my feedback on RCU, RCG, and Ebay.

Thanks.....Ernie
Red7fifty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in