Unpleasant experience of buying through Taobao - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 180CFX

180CFX Blade 180CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Unpleasant experience of buying through Taobao

I have an unpleasant experience buying through Taobao recently. I have been buying 180CFX from this shop in Taobao.

https://shop65785182.world.taobao.co...ageNo=1#anchor

Their prices are often at a steep discount to Blade's. However they do not come with Blade's packaging. It is obvious that they have been disassembling complete helis and selling the parts off individually.

My last purchase was for two 180CFX motors and only one arrived. When I raised it with them, they rudely refused to accept any responsibility and accused me of trying to defraud them for a $20 motor. I have never seen any customer service as bad as this. Anyway, I have raised a dispute through Taobao and will wait and see what happens. This is the type of service which gives internet purchasing a bad name.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2017, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Damn, they are even using Hawk RC pictures from their web site and Ebay listings!

I will never buy from them.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear zad.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Thickfog is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

When buying on line you have to protect your $elf, seller would not loose, they are making business, they have expenses to cover, the have to gain $ome, make a profit for their investment and venture.
If we buy, either online or on a brick store, we know all this, not that we are not aware of their gain and protecting their inve$tment, we have to protect our $ide of the coin, how?
If they don't accept, PayPal for example, you know the risk that you are not protected and you are at their good will, but sometimes that good will was abused for some and the rest pays for it, some sellers are greedy, some are honest.
Catchy that they have good prices, is in it?
Too good to be true, is in it?
Smells fishy?
Well, it swims like a fish.

Protect yourself, if you paid without protection....well......sorry for your loss.

Chinese stores, I don't trust them, I have to be sure that I'm protected, it's my money, I take care of it, don't blame them if I did not care about my hard earned money.

But I understand your point totally.
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2017, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by salrica View Post
When buying on line you have to protect your $elf, seller would not loose, they are making business, they have expenses to cover, the have to gain $ome, make a profit for their investment and venture.
If we buy, either online or on a brick store, we know all this, not that we are not aware of their gain and protecting their inve$tment, we have to protect our $ide of the coin, how?
If they don't accept, PayPal for example, you know the risk that you are not protected and you are at their good will, but sometimes that good will was abused for some and the rest pays for it, some sellers are greedy, some are honest.
Catchy that they have good prices, is in it?
Too good to be true, is in it?
Smells fishy?
Well, it swims like a fish.

Protect yourself, if you paid without protection....well......sorry for your loss.

Chinese stores, I don't trust them, I have to be sure that I'm protected, it's my money, I take care of it, don't blame them if I did not care about my hard earned money.

But I understand your point totally.
The money is paid through Taobao rather than directly to them. They haven't received the money yet. Right now, it is on hold pending a review by Taobao. I don't know what the result will be. If it were eBay and PayPal, then there would be no problem in getting my money back.

I have bought from them previously without any problems.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

This issue has been resolved. Although Taobao found in favor of the merchant, they decided to reimburse us out of their own funds. Taobao actually phoned us directly about this.

The reason why they found in favor of the merchant was that we used a freight forwarder to ship the products from China to Hong Kong. It was the freight forwarder who signed for the initial delivery in China. Therefore it was possible although unlikely that the motor was lost by the freight forwarder.

I think the lesson is that for expensive, it is best to ask the merchant to ship directly to your address rather than using a freight forwarder.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.