Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > TSA Helicopters

TSA Helicopters TSA R/C Helicopters

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2017, 08:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know what you mean!
BladeScraperz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2017, 06:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes sir! Just another day tuning the fbl. Getting there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
narcisstking is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2017, 05:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome!

Old 09-14-2017, 04:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Maurice

I just picked up a 600E Platinum and am very impressed by the heli.

Originally I was just going to strip the electrics to put in a Synergy E5 I was looking at online for sale and sell the TSA kit.

Anyway after I saw the 600E in the flesh Ive decided to keep it and fly it!!

Looks so well designed and built like a truck!!

Not to start a brand debate but I was curious why you had preferred the TSA over the Synergy E5?

Cheers

Dave
Goody63 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2017, 11:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
Hey Maurice

I just picked up a 600E Platinum and am very impressed by the heli.

Originally I was just going to strip the electrics to put in a Synergy E5 I was looking at online for sale and sell the TSA kit.

Anyway after I saw the 600E in the flesh Ive decided to keep it and fly it!!

Looks so well designed and built like a truck!!

Not to start a brand debate but I was curious why you had preferred the TSA over the Synergy E5?

Cheers

Dave
Hey bro.

TSA models are easier to work on and are alot less expensive to maintain and repair. Parts are very cheap as are the models themselves. Plus setting up FBL cyclic systems takes 5 minutes (for me) as you basically use hex drivers to set perfect 90 degree angles. No guess work involved nor swashplate levelers needed. Easier wiring scheme as well. Could go on and on here. Lol!

Old 09-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought I owed ya'll a short review of my new 700e with about 10 flites so far, and loving it.

Short (depressing) history - I HAD a Protos Max V2 last winter. Well, it crashed at least twice last spring due to equipment failure, either a BK cyclic servo that locked up, and for sure a tail servo that stripped out and locked up. I had very bad luck with this heli, Likely my fault for not spending $500 on servos for a very heavy hi-performance heli, I don't know. Anyway, after the second or third total rebuild, I decided to "retire" the heli. I hated working on it anyway. Sorry to you Protos guys.

I saw the Amain summer 20% off the TSA 700e Platinum, and a $50 off email coupon from them, so what the heck. Last time I checked, it's still on sale. I already had all the electronics I needed.

The build was fairly easy. Everything fit, and I took my time about it. Many things are preassembled AND loctited. There are several features I like a lot - as opposed to just copying a Trex 700, the front tail transmission is not attached to the tail boom as a unit that you have to manhandle into the frames - the boom just slides into the block already in the frames. Minor point to some, but I like it. The elevator servo isn't inaccessibly buried inside the frames, but a "complex" push/pull set of rods to the front facing anti-rotation elevator "lever".

Wiring routing, grommets, and clips are thoughtfully provided. There's a nice tray on the front for a RX 2s battery, but I'm using the internal BEC.

I did use my Boto-sizer ball link tool, as all the ball links were very tight initially.

My only real dislike is there's no way you I could fit a "normal" ESC inside the frames where they have a plate they say is designed to hold it in a vertical position. See my pics for my installation. The only issue I had was the motor wires on my Xnova were too short to reach the Talon 120, so I had to make up some extensions, only 3" long total. This would not be necessary with an ESC that has cables to the motor already, rather than the Talon's plug-in female connectors.

My setup: Talon 120HV (internal BEC), Brain2
Xnova 4530 500KV
Cyclics: BK 7002HV
Tail: BK DS-7006HV

My first flight was fine - a forward flip was scary fast, so I backed off the Agility in the Brain. I had the "wobbles" myself in a hover towards the end of a flight, backed down the cyclic gain, and it's pretty much gone now. Tic tocs, rainbows, big air, it's handling very nicely for my skills Love it so far. It's a little heavy, but not at all like the heavier Protos. My Xnova motor is handling maneuvers very well with little or no bogging.

By the way, here's my main blades:

Carbon Fiber 700mm Main Blades for Align Trex 700 RC Helicopter Drone Toys | eBay

I "took a chance" on these and they are performing very well, not even noisey. Took about 10 days to get.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TSA1.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	723386   Click image for larger version

Name:	TSA2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	723387   Click image for larger version

Name:	TSA3.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	723388   Click image for larger version

Name:	TSA4.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	723389  
gmann is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2017, 03:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcisstking View Post
Hey bro.

TSA models are easier to work on and are alot less expensive to maintain and repair. Parts are very cheap as are the models themselves. Plus setting up FBL cyclic systems takes 5 minutes (for me) as you basically use hex drivers to set perfect 90 degree angles. No guess work involved nor swashplate levelers needed. Easier wiring scheme as well. Could go on and on here. Lol!

Thanks Maurice!
Goody63 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2017, 10:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got a TSA 700n a few weeks ago and it's awesome. I couldn't be happier with it.
Mark.a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2017, 09:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TSA 700N

Great heli's been missing mine been having engine issues. Hopefully figured ti out will find out this weekend.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I love my 700N, but I just put the maiden on my 700E. Wow! Just as I expected....great machines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tsae.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	725357  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in