That pesky hurricane... - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2017, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default That pesky hurricane...

Hey John;

Just a though for you, your family and your employees as that storm bears down on you:

Keep Safe!

And if you have to evacuate all your Pantera's... they can come and stay at my place, I don't mind!

ed
Medic33 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

ditto, I have room for you+family John..
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

So John, how did you all fair?
tkheard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spent the days leading up to the storm securing the place and making ready. For example, chained the helicopter between a couple of trucks to protect it from the expected winds. The storm hit Sunday and no surprise, we lost power (and internet). Got power back Thursday and internet the next. Spent two days cleaning up broken tree limbs then mowed the south 40 on Friday because the water had unleashed a growth spurt (lots of sunshine the days following one of these monsters). Unfortunately, had some roof damage and water intrusion in our home. Make no mistake, a drop in the bucket compared to some in South Florida and our brothers in and around Houston but nevertheless, a pain in the hind quarters. No damage in the machine shop or the warehouse but due to lightning we lost the computer on which the database resides. No data loss because we have a backup plan but this exposed a weakness in the system because resurrecting the computer that houses the front end proved problematic. So much so that I began exploring alternatives way to access the data, which was shaping up to be a royal pain in the hindquarters. Fortunately, a new motherboard resolved the issue altogether (glad I had a store bought HP computer working as the server because despite being 5 years old, and with a lot in common with us and the Pantera, I was able to find the parts required so we dodged a bullet). Anyway, we've about got everything back up and running and began shipping again yesterday. We're behind on this and fielding a few irate phone calls but fortunately, most folks are understanding.

Meanwhile, proving that when it rains it pours, last Friday Lynn asked why her car resembled a low rider. Turns out the rear suspension uses air springs instead of steel coil spring (for the self-leveling feature) and it was collapsed. Started the car and it pumped back up and held overnight so I was perplexed. Then on Saturday morning we stopped at the bank and were inside just 20 minutes and came out to find it collapsed once again. Since it held overnight I deduced the air bags and the tubing was OK and the problem lay with the valve system (the one that releases air). Thought I could disassemble it, clean the valve seat or free a sticking solenoid and set it right, but on reflection decided I didn't want to 'fix' it only to have it not be really fixed (because it's Lynn's car) and thus, instead I ordered a new control valve. Ordered parts on Monday and they arrived yesterday so I immediately set out to effect the repair. As an aside, last year I stumbled on a 2-post car lift on Craigslist and bought it (I'm car-queer and have always wanted one). Paid $1500 for a like new unit that routinely sells for $3500 and this was the first time I would use it in anger (although a good friend has used it twice already). Anyway, since the dealer wanted $1200 to effect the repair and new parts cost me a bit over $300 I figure I'm well on my way to paying for the acquisition.

So in response to the question, all is good at chez Beech - thanks for asking!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7839.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	723370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7861.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	723371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane Irma clean-up1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	723372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane Irma clean-up3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	723373   Click image for larger version

Name:	John mows after Irma4.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	723374  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Water leaks due to roof damage2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	723375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mercedes collapsed rear suspension2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	723376   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7974.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	723377   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7957.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	723378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7967.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	723379  

AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745

Last edited by jbeech; 09-20-2017 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: Added some photos
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.