Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2017, 02:38 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
So where are all the comments, pictures and videos?

I see Alex has posted a few videos on YT, but other than that not too much movement.
It's all on facebook.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
Relisys190 likes this.
Rotorious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2017, 09:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It was a helluva good event. I didn't get to sleep before 2:30 am every night including the Wednesday and Sunday nights I spent at Deater's.
Michael Ludtke and Michael Reese seemed like they were in a race for the most crashes. I know ML crashed his 380 at least 5 times and MR had almost as many if not the same amount of crashes.
The food was not only free but awesome, compliments of Brother James and his crew. I only hope the donations they were reluctant to accept helped cover the cost.
22 gallons of hot apple pie in various strengths for after the flying was finsished.
Alex rocked the Protos Nitro more times than I could count.
At least 71 registered pilots the last time I looked at the list Saturday.
A Goblin 380 broke the American speed record for it's class. 117mph average and 127 mph on one pass. I think he beat the 700-800 sizes also.
A fine gentleman in his first year of flying won the 30 second hover with a 450. Still had training gear on it, that's how new to the hobby he is. Good for him.
I won a copy of AccuRC in the pilot's raffle.
Impromptu live episode of RCHN with Dan, Justin, Saje and Brother James.
Got to hang out all weekend with the best people I've ever met.

Can't wait for next year. Yeah, they confirmed it will continue to happen. Be there or be square.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:53 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default +1 Larry

I thought this was my most fun RCHN yet, everything went so well, I didn't mind the couple of times I wore the crash hat, too much. Dan, Justin, Saje and all the other people behind the scenes folks had things running smooth, and they even had enough time on Saturday, contest day to get in the autorotation contest for the first time since I started coming to RCHN. The surprise of pastor James and his crew feeding us all weekend for donations was the icing on the cake. I came home with a bronze medal in the speed cup for my blistering 55mph pass with my brand new Fireball, Chucks run made me feel completely inadequate, but I was just trying to make good passes with hardly any practice, and I accomplished my goal. And I also got one of Saje's copies of AccuRC in the pilot raffle.
The this week came the let down. Sunday morning as I was coming out of the porta potty, I see Pastor James truck coming back up the road, I asked what was up, cause when I said goodbye to James and his crew Sat. night, I had thought that they were heading south early Sunday. He said that he had misplaced his Jetti radio, and thought it might be in the trailer, so I helped him get in and look for it, but it wasn't in there. He said that he would check with a few other people before heading out again. Then mid week this week I see on the RCHN Facebook page, that the radio was the tip of the iceberg for James and his crew. Also gone were a DX9 radio, his charging case, 2000watt generator, and his crews walkie talkies.
This really put a damper on the weekend, for me. There is a go fund me link on the RCHN Facebook page for donations for James & his churches loss.
Relisys190 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in