Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2017, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone still listening to old RCHN episodes?

It took me a while as I was just listening to the current (I dare say awesome) new crop of podcasts and getting my fit that way. But after RCHN5 (which I sadly couldn't go to) I decided to force myself to resume my marathon. Currently at episode 81. Is anyone else also still listening to old episodes?

I am also anxiously waiting for the one-off RCHN5 episode. Here's hoping Dan still lurks the forums every so often and knows there are some guys waiting for that episode to try to catch up on some of the Nation goodness.

Again, and as some RCHN old hosts also have stated and participated in at one point, the current crop of podcasts is really, and I mean really good. It's just RCHN accomplished so much and still has a really good place on the hobby it would be awesome to share the experiences during RCHN5, last remaining piece of the podcast.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2017, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, I've been binging on them for the last several weeks. Up to Episode 105. Loving it! I caught the RCHN bug around episode 245, so hearing all the old stuff has been a real treat and very educational!
shua likes this.
freemanpa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What podcasts are good? I listen to FreeFall RC. Its decent, but its no RCHN. Miss the good ole days of these guys.
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

RC Heli Hooligans is also very nice. Bert and Bobby's whenever it comes out and Rotorheads is also a good one. That's the current crop of podcasts. Check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityJunkie View Post
What podcasts are good? I listen to FreeFall RC. Its decent, but its no RCHN. Miss the good ole days of these guys.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No Fly!! (0 min 13 sec)

Nick here makes me laugh every time.

But honestly, I choose not to re-listen to them, unless it's for a very specific piece of information. I don't re-listen because it reminds me that it's over.
Gartt GT450L 6s [BD-3SX]
Zermelo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2017, 02:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Toad, long time reader of yours, first time poster. Yes I am going back to the old episodes, from time to time. I work a few nights a week all by my lonesome, I always saved the new RCHN episodes for those nights. Nowadays, I have the new podcasts you mentioned, since I fly planks too, I also listen to angle of attack, flight test, and the RC Groups show also. I was listening to Freefall the other night, and I was thinking that the Jersey boys guest's suggestions of 230S trainer, and learning progression, sure sounded a lot like that Toadiscoil guy on helifreak, I had a, "I knew it" moment when, at the end you said your helifreak handle. Loved the old school RCHN, contact information you gave, that part always cracked me up.
As for RCHN5, I am the luckiest guy, after listening to the show for years, but never getting enough time off of work to make it to the big Wasington state, fun fly's, they moved the location of the RCHN fun fly to 35 miles from my house, I have camped out at all 3 that they have had in Oregon, and even though I am at best a sport pilot, it has been a hoot, every time. I wouldn't miss one. It was great seeing Dan, Justin, Saje and all the regular gang of hell nuts. The weather was perfect this year, the flying by everyone else was top notch. I have it on good authority, and wishful thinking, that the RCHN fun fly will continue next year. If you can get out here it is a ton of fun.

Bob
Old 10-26-2017, 09:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow that is awesome! Thanks for the kind words I tend to rant a lot and I feel like I am more an annoyance than help sometimes hehe. I try, though.

I am DYING to go to RCHN but I am just too far away. I have experimented a bit with getting on a plane with helis and the biggest I could get was the 380 and I had to remove the tail fin. I didn't really like to disassemble the helis for transport so I have thought about smaller helis but on a field and event like that I need to fly all my helis. Besides I had to sell my only heli that I could comfortable carry without disassembly.

I am impatiently waiting for the release of the one-off RCHN episode from the fun fly. I really, really hope I can make it someday but I am thinking I would need to drive and that is a long trip that I have to justify with taking the family someplace near in addition to double the trip as vacations.

You are sooo lucky that you were able to go. Would love to read some stories from the event. I am sure there were awesome pilots like at most fun fly events but it's fun to watch and even with my low skills I have always been made welcome everywhere I fly. That's the beauty of this hobby no matter if you are hovering or a pro we are all pilots in the end, just at different stages of progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingdinger1 View Post
Hi Toad, long time reader of yours, first time poster. Yes I am going back to the old episodes, from time to time. I work a few nights a week all by my lonesome, I always saved the new RCHN episodes for those nights. Nowadays, I have the new podcasts you mentioned, since I fly planks too, I also listen to angle of attack, flight test, and the RC Groups show also. I was listening to Freefall the other night, and I was thinking that the Jersey boys guest's suggestions of 230S trainer, and learning progression, sure sounded a lot like that Toadiscoil guy on helifreak, I had a, "I knew it" moment when, at the end you said your helifreak handle. Loved the old school RCHN, contact information you gave, that part always cracked me up.
As for RCHN5, I am the luckiest guy, after listening to the show for years, but never getting enough time off of work to make it to the big Wasington state, fun fly's, they moved the location of the RCHN fun fly to 35 miles from my house, I have camped out at all 3 that they have had in Oregon, and even though I am at best a sport pilot, it has been a hoot, every time. I wouldn't miss one. It was great seeing Dan, Justin, Saje and all the regular gang of hell nuts. The weather was perfect this year, the flying by everyone else was top notch. I have it on good authority, and wishful thinking, that the RCHN fun fly will continue next year. If you can get out here it is a ton of fun.

Bob
Old 10-27-2017, 02:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
Wow that is awesome! Thanks for the kind words I tend to rant a lot and I feel like I am more an annoyance than help sometimes hehe. I try, though.

I am DYING to go to RCHN but I am just too far away. I have experimented a bit with getting on a plane with helis and the biggest I could get was the 380 and I had to remove the tail fin. I didn't really like to disassemble the helis for transport so I have thought about smaller helis but on a field and event like that I need to fly all my helis. Besides I had to sell my only heli that I could comfortable carry without disassembly.

I am impatiently waiting for the release of the one-off RCHN episode from the fun fly. I really, really hope I can make it someday but I am thinking I would need to drive and that is a long trip that I have to justify with taking the family someplace near in addition to double the trip as vacations.

You are sooo lucky that you were able to go. Would love to read some stories from the event. I am sure there were awesome pilots like at most fun fly events but it's fun to watch and even with my low skills I have always been made welcome everywhere I fly. That's the beauty of this hobby no matter if you are hovering or a pro we are all pilots in the end, just at different stages of progression.
For the "podcast" go to the RCHN Facebook page they did it as a Facebook live video, I don't think that they were going to publish it to the feed.
As for experiences at the fun fly, to start with here is a link to a post I made on my experience at Justin's speed cup contest.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=793063
By the way, I'm really liking the goblin Fireball, it isn't the most powerfull machine with the standard motor, but it's powerfull enough for me right now.
I planted it while practicing after Justin's speed seminar, I got it too far away, lost orientation, force of habit after years without bail out, I hit throttle hold instead, and backed it into the dirt. The damage, boom, both side frames, one blade grip pitch arm, and blades.
The cost was a total of $67.00, I had every thing in my crash kit, except the frames, and the pitch arm. Ken "the wizard" had the side frames, but not the pitch arm. But he walked me around to everyone he sold a Fireball to, and introduced me to the folks that I didn't know, and one of these guys had one to sell me.
So after a few hours wearing the crash hat, I had 'Lil yeller back in the air. And competed on Saturday in the Speed cup.
I was bit by the Speed bug in a small way (pun intended), so after getting home, and ordering replacement crash parts, I bought the parts to convert the fireball, to a Mini Comet. But after thinking how cheep it was to crash the Fireball, I decided to just buy the rest of the parts to build a whole Mini Comet, I will get them over the winter, as I have the money, and put it together for next spring.

Bob
Old 10-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice!

That is a pretty good story, thanks for sharing. I like the Fireball now with the upgraded parts but I think I will not get another heli until I can get a 700. So that will put me without buying a heli for a very long time. I still have a list of things I need to buy for my current fleet as well. The mini Comet looks awesome. Be sure to post pics when you have the little Goblin brothers ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingdinger1 View Post
For the "podcast" go to the RCHN Facebook page they did it as a Facebook live video, I don't think that they were going to publish it to the feed.
As for experiences at the fun fly, to start with here is a link to a post I made on my experience at Justin's speed cup contest.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=793063
By the way, I'm really liking the goblin Fireball, it isn't the most powerfull machine with the standard motor, but it's powerfull enough for me right now.
I planted it while practicing after Justin's speed seminar, I got it too far away, lost orientation, force of habit after years without bail out, I hit throttle hold instead, and backed it into the dirt. The damage, boom, both side frames, one blade grip pitch arm, and blades.
The cost was a total of $67.00, I had every thing in my crash kit, except the frames, and the pitch arm. Ken "the wizard" had the side frames, but not the pitch arm. But he walked me around to everyone he sold a Fireball to, and introduced me to the folks that I didn't know, and one of these guys had one to sell me.
So after a few hours wearing the crash hat, I had 'Lil yeller back in the air. And competed on Saturday in the Speed cup.
I was bit by the Speed bug in a small way (pun intended), so after getting home, and ordering replacement crash parts, I bought the parts to convert the fireball, to a Mini Comet. But after thinking how cheep it was to crash the Fireball, I decided to just buy the rest of the parts to build a whole Mini Comet, I will get them over the winter, as I have the money, and put it together for next spring.

Bob
Old 11-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just discovered RCHN and been listening this whole month of October. Love it. Sad it's over. The newer shows have not been as entertaining to me.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yea. Just last week I listened to a few older episodes since I was joansing to hear the whole gang. Still a great bunch of guys and itís great to see everyone in good shape through Facebook.
Trex 700 DFC Helibug gasser B.H. Hanson modified 300maxx engine and BD 3SX
Ksnyder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am currently listening to old episodes just because I need some good noise at work and I'm not feeling Pandora currently. Also because I'm thinking about getting another nitro heli...
ben_beyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sho, whats going on with the old podcasts? seems they are not available to download.
??
Citizen - #202
Dowquest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 07:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been listening to them via their website while at work.
ben_beyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya, I found them there, but I am stuck having to listen via podcast. Can't find anything on iTunes or podbean.
Citizen - #202
Dowquest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have an old subscription via iTunes, but unable to download anything at the moment. we need this fixed asap. i need my RCHN2.0!!
BrunkBird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2017, 08:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

give us rchn2.0
make itunes great again!
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2018, 10:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer View Post
I've been listening to them via their website while at work.
i noticed that both of these episode links download the same mp3 file

RCHN V 2.0 EP140: Whats In Your Shopping Cart?

RCHN V 2.0 EP141: A Whole Lot To Say About Nothing

where can i get episode 141 ?
BrunkBird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2018, 10:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default RC Helihooligans

a little biased here, but They are very entertaining!
Old 01-30-2018, 05:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just finished listening to all 261 episodes. Great stuff...I will really miss these guys now that they aren't part of my daily listening routine.
freemanpa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in