Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2017, 03:25 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maybe. I need to try it. Looks like you got the app ID/code right. Been busy with Real Life (tm) today... good spotting / idea.
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2017, 03:44 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok so thats' weird. I uninstalled IonicView, reinstalled, logged in (you had to do that as well I presume)? And the app was already there for me... so I couldn't try to add it.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:12 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by waferthin View Post
ok so thats' weird. I uninstalled IonicView, reinstalled, logged in (you had to do that as well I presume)? And the app was already there for me... so I couldn't try to add it.
I uninstalled the old white icon one. I did not have your app in it, as I could not register or login using the registration from the website. Installed the new blue icon one and did the registration and login with no problem.... but can't get your code to work. I can't try on android as they don't have the new app ready for that platform (and my login won't work on the old one). From what I read they are in the middle of forcing everyone onto the new version and have crippled new registrations on the old one.

Any chance you can compile to an app that I can then load onto my phone from Xcode as I have that all setups for phone dev?

Cheers,
Alastair
Member of East Fortune Aeromodellers
AlastairC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK. Try dfba8c74.

I hadn't done the changeover to ionic-pro. I know John has (for other reasons, other projects). I've setup a public project (dfba8c74) now. It more than likely will change in the future, but that's OK.... we'll post about it here, and in any case, we eventually want to be distributing binaries and not using Ionic View.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:17 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK. Try dfba8c74.

I hadn't done the changeover to ionic-pro. I know John has (for other reasons, other projects). I've setup a public project (dfba8c74) now. It more than likely will change in the future, but that's OK.... we'll post about it here, and in any case, we eventually want to be distributing binaries and not using Ionic View.
Perfect! That code worked. Will try it running with the Pi this evening when I finish work.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:19 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good! I'm still wrapping my head around Ionic-pro. OK. actually, that's an excuse to say "er, oh yeah! it replaced the other thing". Currently working on pi3 wifi (only pi3 btw, won't be supporting anything else atm). Trying to get it to come up as an AP and also bridge to a local Wifi. That way it'll work perfect at home and also in the field ... with zero config change.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:27 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Good! I'm still wrapping my head around Ionic-pro. OK. actually, that's an excuse to say "er, oh yeah! it replaced the other thing". Currently working on pi3 wifi (only pi3 btw, won't be supporting anything else atm). Trying to get it to come up as an AP and also bridge to a local Wifi. That way it'll work perfect at home and also in the field ... with zero config change.
I was going to try that tonight too. I've setup the PI a couple of times as an access point for other projects and just used the ethernet for local network. Not tried it with a docker. So don't know if the container needs to be configured to see the wifi network port too.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:29 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

maybe PM me on Skype? scornflake is the name. Be good to chat NOT using a forum Forum is cool. Forum is sharing. Forum is happy unicorns in the sky. Forum is also slow.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:45 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally got an update for Ionic View on my Samsung phone. I was able to add the app using the code 'dfba8c74'.

When I try to run it I get the error message shown in the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170920-203926.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	723493  
stinker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 04:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

I have just attempted to load dfba8c74 on my Samsung S7 and iPhone. The iPhone worked - and the Samsung s7 attempt failed with exactly the same error you reported.

I will open up a ticket with the Ionic team and tell them the error we are seeing - given that Ionic View has only recently hit the app stores AND that this works on iOS perfectly well, Iíll assume itís a problem with Ionic View at this point, and outside of our control.

Thanks for reporting the problem.
johncclayton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 04:23 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

FYI - the issue has been reported to the Ionic framework team. I don’t have an issue number/tracking reference - but they’ve answered me pretty promptly in the past (few days max).
Old 09-25-2017, 02:25 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Ionic team have responded and told me itís a known issue (sidenote; if its knownl; why publish Ionic View on Android?).

We shall see what they make of it.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I noticed I got an update for Ionic View on my Samsung S7 so I tried it out.

It works! Really awesome. Thank you.

There is one hitch though - If I press the back button on phone to exit the app, the next time I launch it will sit there loading forever. If I clear out the memory in the Apps setup of phone and start over it will work.

Another question - Will this work with the Pi setup with an access point?
Is the AP setup for Hypriot / Docker same as on Raspian OS?
Really want to show this off at the field
Old 10-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Confirmed - I tried it with the Samsung S7 Edge today and the app loaded (no charger connected at this point).

To answer your other questions: yep - should do, the only requirement is that the apps can be reachable via some IP address, so if you go and tweak it to have it's own network reachable at the field (which is what we're *slowly* working on now), it'll work fine.

Having said that - this is where we could do with some help. Basic dnsmasq, dual WIFI + AP setup. If you know of anyone that's got skills in this area we'd all benefit from their advice.

I've provisionally configured a Pi with dual WIFI + Access Point interfaces; whereby it'll connect to my home network and proxy data through to it via a WIFI AP on the Pi called 'ELECTRIC-PI', which is the WIFI AP available at the field.

Problem is: it doesn't always come up, dnsmasq, dhcpcd clients fail and its not my area of expertise (coding yes, networking, no).

:-)

So, +1 for Ionic View working on Android at least!
Old 10-04-2017, 11:48 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went thru the whole setup described here:

Raspberry Connect - Raspberry Pi - Auto WiFi Hotspot Switch - Direct Connection

Worked well.

Only difference is that I had to add all the lines except for ETH0 in the file /etc/network/interfaces

Tags
icharger, integration, phone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in