Trex600n DFC Big Block - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicrow View Post
Yes 20% you will be good. Damn 14 pitch ^^ . I sett mine for 12 hehe
Alright, I'll update at weekend. I'm going to blend two different fuels;
1 - 20% nitro + 20% oil
2 - 15% nitro + 22% oil

Then we'll see what does 91hz on t600 like as fuel
kazanci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 21~23% oil fuels are using low viscosity synthetic oil. Castor is high viscosity. 20% is a bunch of castor. Will make a big mess on your muffler and heli. Can you source alcohol soluble oil - motorcycle racing, go carts, etc. ? Klotz ?
Four Stroker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

As someone else said, the 3-blade tail is the key to stopping the blow-out in the 600.

I never had a big issue with the tail on the 600N, but on the 600E it was a big problem.
The 3-bladed tail solved it on the 600E and I followed through with a 3-bladed tail on my 600N and 700N.

If you like more holding power on the tail, get the 3-bladed tail from Align.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanci View Post
I use stock main gear but os gt15 conversion kit includes a 22T pinion gear. Gear mesh is appropriate to that particular pinion and 170T stock main gear.
I installed os 61lx-h and tuned the heli,adjusted the clutch, now I have done same process for 91hz.
Clutch bell and clutch is stock, too. but as you may know clutch clearance is a known issue for trex600 original clutch and bell couple. So I used Trex700 liner and it 's now rock solid.

It is so simple indeed. If you have trex600, go and buy a osgt15 conversion kit and you can make it big block by minor modifications.

It seems like I have to fly it around 1900 rpm's at idle up. Because os91hz has max power at 15k rpm / 7.72 (gear ratio ) = 1943

I will set the pitch as 13.5 degrees, and give it a try. I may use the tail blades of trex700x . Because it's a low rpm setup. What do you guys think about this?
Old 10-04-2017, 04:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Stroker View Post
The 21~23% oil fuels are using low viscosity synthetic oil. Castor is high viscosity. 20% is a bunch of castor. Will make a big mess on your muffler and heli. Can you source alcohol soluble oil - motorcycle racing, go carts, etc. ? Klotz ?
Thanks for your point,
The thing I could not find after lots of internet searching is the specs of synthetic oil used in nitro fuel.
Is there any number or code that specifies the viscosity or features of the oil like the codes that bearings have?

And what is the optimum percentage of castor oil and synthetic oil as a oil mixture? How should I mix them?
Old 10-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I think this is not really true. Look at this for example. This is optifuel says its designed for competition advanced 3d heli. Uses 18% super low viscosity oil from klotz

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/prod...ducts_id=13534
Helicrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not a contradiction to my statement.

We all use all synthetic - Cool Power, Rotor Rage, Curtis Youngblood.

The best bet is to find some 2 cycle motorcycle or go-cart racers that use methanol / nitromethane fuel and ask them where they get the oil. I have never seen any specs. for low vs. high viscosity in model fuel. There were some EU marketed fuels that used far less than 18%. Can't remember the brand.

Here are the Klotz model engine choices: http://www.klotzlube.com/radio_control_.html

There is nothing wrong with degummed castor except for the mess.

Last edited by Four Stroker; 10-04-2017 at 08:43 PM..
Old 10-04-2017, 10:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for your point,
The thing I could not find after lots of internet searching is the specs of synthetic oil used in nitro fuel.
Is there any number or code that specifies the viscosity or features of the oil like the codes that bearings have?

And what is the optimum percentage of castor oil and synthetic oil as a oil mixture? How should I mix them?

You need, what is called the MSDS for the product (Manufacturer Specification Data Sheet) .

Castor does not seem to work well in modern engines. It gums up and makes the ring get stuck for one.

The "lubrication package" in a fuel is where the vendor makes his difference and differentiates his product. Hardly knowledge that he will share.

Search in airplane forums. They have been mixing fuel thru the ages. Keep in mind though that their engines run at up to 50% lower RPM than ours. (RPM is a huge consideration for the suitability of the oil).

Here's a piston running at 13k RPM, using an oil rated for 9k.
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2017, 10:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicrow View Post
I think this is not really true. Look at this for example. This is optifuel says its designed for competition advanced 3d heli. Uses 18% super low viscosity oil from klotz.
Which of the Klotz oils are they using ?
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

From the link I posted above, I would get the HeliGlo (new without a picture next to it). If you burn castor it makes a big mess. That is why everyone in helicopters uses all synthetic. I have not used castor in 40 years including airplanes. Run slightly rich and you will not cook the oil.

I recently bought a gallon of CY 30% by mistake at the LHS. It does not have the same oil as a few years ago. I could not tell the difference between it and Rotor Rage.

Can you import a 55 gallon drum?
Old 10-06-2017, 02:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
From the link I posted above, I would get

Can you import a 55 gallon drum?
Absolutely no way

What about the oils used for car engines ? Do they work for me?
I'm going to add castor into the lubrication package but not much, for a small ratio.
Because as I researched, castor oil has uniquely different characteristic which makes it impossible to compete. In the temperature that synthetic oils burn, castor tend to go thicker and better lubricate, so better protect in case of lean and hot runs.
But if you burn castor, varnish builds up in engine. So mixing synthetic and the small amount of castor gives the best lubrication. This is the way commercial fuels are made.
The problem is to find methanol soluable synthetic oil. As I read polyalkylene glykol based oils can be used. But I could not confirmed yet.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it possible to use car engine oil in the fuel? Any ideas?
Old 10-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is it possible to use car engine oil in the fuel? Any ideas?
No. Normal car engine oil will not mix together with methanol. Use this one
*Klotz Lite Techniplate KL198 this is the same one as klotz heliglow. If you cant find it where you live maby you can find Motul Micro ?. The klotz oil smells like perfume ^^
Helicrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is my video

I made the fuel as 22.5% nitro . The engine temp. is stable and it was easy to tune.
I will lean it a little bit more.

Recipe of the fuel is ;

22.5% nitro
17.5% castor oil
60.0% methanol

It still bogs, governor tuning needed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.