blade 130s opions? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 130S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default blade 130s opions?

Hi all

thinking of getting a blade 130s to mess about with and get abit of practice in.

what do you guys think? is it durable?

anyone using the rtf controller aswell? what do you think?

many thanks

Last edited by Dukesy500; 09-29-2017 at 01:50 PM..
Dukesy500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2017, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love this Heli, My go to for quick practice and its very durable, Im using my DX6 G2 , A winner heli in my book..
Old 09-29-2017, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130s

I absolutely love the heli for its size and think it fly's fantastic, I have had a few issues with the linear servos.. The first issue was with the amount of play from the factory that i didnt catch before losing control from that particular servo... the servo link gear was actually able to slip below the gear on the servo motor leaving no control from that servo...I was able to land without incident and easily fixed the issue by tightening the lock nut and applying locktite... The next issue after 20-30 flights was the actual servo motors coming lose from their mounts, sliding up causing the same effect.. Yes i was flying the choppper pretty hard when this happened but it happened to 2 servos this time, at the same time... Yes it crashed!! lol... I will say it is very durable as i only bent the tail boom in a very hard crash... I called Blade and their customer service rep stated they have not had this issues and gave me the option to send the heli to them to be fixed free of charge or be mailed 3 new servos.. I had the servos mailed, just received today and will be replacing them here shortly... Fingers crossed this was just a bad batch of glue holding the servo motors in place.. I will update of any further issues or lack of and snap a few photos to post of the issues before i replace..
ki113r1035 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2017, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thank you mate
Dukesy500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2017, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of my servos slipped out of the mount as well and caused a crash. Damage was 1 stripped main gear and cracked canopy. Called Horizon and they replaced the damaged parts. In terms of should you get one...depends on your heli experience :-). Mine has a habit of the tail motor not spinning up during lift off. To solve this...I give the rudder a nudge to get the tail motor spinning. Guess I am too used to flying non tail motor helis. My flying friend has a 130s and we both like them very much. Low stress flying :-). Good luck with your decision.

Gord.
gwong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2017, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally think the 230 is a better choice. More reliable servos and more
battery options. Only way overpriced Eflie batteries available for the 130 last I heard. Easier to see but still manageable in a tight space and should be less twitchy.

Imagine crash resilience and part prices are similar.

Both underpowered, ok micros. Only real difference is you won't have servo failures on the 230 which will prevent some crashes,and frustration and save time and money
Old 09-30-2017, 12:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree that the E-Flite Batts for the 130s are overprice that's why most 130s owners are using 450mah batts.

Using Gens Ace 450mah myself :-)

In terms of power, these are aimed at the the middle level flyer, I am okay with that for just sport flying.

For power, I would fly my Align 600 with 12s :-)

Cheers,

Gord.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes but they advertise it as a 3d machine so if the OP plans on using it for 3d practice now or in the future the last thing he'll want to do is weigh it down with an oversized battery.

For sport flying it's fine but can turn close calls into crashes cause it'll need more altitude to pull out of trouble and 1" can be the difference between a last second save and a dirt nap.

If it carries the extra weight well I could probably learn to live with it but reports of servo failures seem a bit too common for my taste. Nothing more annoying than a heli that crashes itself before I get to crash it the old fashioned way lol

I try to consider every factor before buying a heli including how much I'm going to like it 1-2 years down the road. Probably not as important when it comes to.miicros but still worth considering.

If you're looking for something to goof around with in the backyard or learn the basics then the 130 is a great choice. 230 is about the same but will be better for the park due to increased visibility​ at a distance. If you already know the basics and want something that's going to prepare you for 450's the 180 is the way to go imho.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are a few pics of the issue I was talking about with the servo motors... FYI, HH suggest putting silicone on the servo motors and mounts to reinforce as they stated the epoxy they are using is not holding on the smooth surface of the motor.. Hopefully this will help others from having this issue in the first place!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170930_114141_1506790188021.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	724338   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170930_114144_1506790260281.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	724339   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170930_114220_1506790290974.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	724340   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170930_114241_1506790318641.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	724341  
ki113r1035 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2017, 06:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive had mine since release and in all honesty the 130S is by far my least used machine. It's not a bad machine but I just don't feel that it excels in any area. I really wanted to love this heli when I got it and flew it often, not so much anymore.

For upright circuits it fly's ok with the stock lipo but use a bigger pack and you're likely to have tail issues. An experienced pilot will have no problem flying mild 3D but less experienced pilots will find it more of handfull for those first flips/loops. Heavy cyclic inputs and poor collective management will result in inaccurate head tracking and tail hold through a full flip. In other words it won't come out of the flip facing the same way it did going in. This is where the 230S excels - when I performed my first flips and loops with the 230 it always came out facing the same direction, even banging the cyclic and totally bogging the head. I could never say the same for the 130. The 230 gave me confidence, the 130 gave me panic attacks

For messing about and getting a bit of practise in, my go to is the XK K110. It fly's amazing for its size and is as durable as they come
Old 09-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the 130S and personally didn't care for it. I found that most crashes, even light ones, resulted in broken parts. The main gear and tail blades were by far the weakest points and broke nearly any time the Heli touched the ground. I also found the tail boom to also bend out of true quite easily. I could live with most of those things but the killer for me was how tedious it was to work on. The tail would have to be completely stripped to do something as simple as change a tail fin.

Aside from the weak parts, I thought it flew very heavy. I can fly mild 3D and I always felt the 130S was unpredictable. I was much happier with the 130X which has a tail that stays locked in making it more easy to fly and much more stable in fast maneuvers.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2017, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really like the 130s. I use the stock battery's and am no a 3Der. It is perfect for my back yard. I have had it since its introduction and have had no problems at all.
Now if I could only have one bird.......the 230s is the winner. It is a great platform to learn on.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really enjoy this heli from the convience standpoint. I can walk right over to the park and get in a few flights after work. I really want to use this heli to work on my backwards and inverted flight. It makes getting lots of stick time easy which is what makes me progress the fastest. Is the 230s a better heli? Probably yes however for the park I fly there is some foot traffic and nobody gives a second glance at my 130s whereas I honestly do not think I would feel comfortable from a safety standpoint with a 230s . I think this heli makes sense for a lot of pilots but def not all.
cakennin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2017, 08:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97 View Post
I really like the 130s. I use the stock battery's and am no a 3Der. It is perfect for my back yard. I have had it since its introduction and have had no problems at all.
Now if I could only have one bird.......the 230s is the winner. It is a great platform to learn on.

Exactly the same here! +1
JM66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2017, 05:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

The worst heli for me was the Blade 130X :-(

In fact a friend hating them so much he sold to me two of them for $50.00 CDN :-)

I used them for parts until I had enough and sold the whole lot for a song and dance.

For me the 130S is a joy to fly...having said that I just enjoy flying and that's what counts in the end.

Cheers,

Gord.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just flew my 130 for the first time yesterday and I have to say I was impressed. It was locked in, no issues whatsoever. Flew on the stock Eflite battery, no tail issues or other problems. I love how it flies, and I love the size. I did place silicone on the servo motors as an extra precaution, and I have some 350mah batteries I am going to try. I am using a DX8 G2 and so far its doing great. I almost passed on this one because of some of the negative reviews, but I am glad I went through with it.
crashrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2017, 06:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also added a dab of silicone on the larger gear and shaft sticking through that the motor gear drives as this one has a tendency to move down and lose contact with the servo motor gear.

Last edited by captjack01; 11-11-2017 at 06:50 PM..
captjack01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew the 130 several times yesterday and tried the larger 350mah packs. The flight times were a bit better (4 minutes +) but I prefer how the heli flies with the stock 300 packs. I still did not have any odd tail issues or drifting, the heli just feels a little boggy with the added weight of the 350 packs - almost like the Nano CPS at times. I will probably just buy more 300 packs and call it good. On a side note, I realized my 130 likes to tip to the right on takeoff - almost like the 230 S. Its not a big deal, once its in the air it flies perfectly. Overall I am still very happy with it.
crashrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2017, 12:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 130s is alright for sports flying and for just starting to learn 3D, but beyond that it is not that capable. I cannot do consecutive moves on it without losing a lot of height.

It is true that the majority of crashes may result in damage, but it is usually only to the main gear and tail blades. My issue with tail blades was solved by using cheap quad blades from Banggood. Another weak point is the servos, I have not had one that had survived over 200 flights. But this is to be expected as they are essentially the same as the 130X servos.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.