Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX8G2 heli center tone for throttle stick

I want to enable the center tone for the throttle stick on my Tx. I go into the setup to do that, and it works fine. However, when I turn off the Tx and turn it back on, that feature has been disabled again. I want it to remain enabled.

I did a search for this topic and found several posts where people had the same problem, but I didn't find any answers to that question.

Can anyone help with this?
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was a bug in the firmware from February 2016, and was corrected in the November 2016 firmware.

Not sure which version that was for the DX8G2; on the DX9, it's version 1.11 that has the fix.

The last time I checked for firmware updates (earlier this summer), that November 2016 version was still current, but there was also a beta version of 1.20. If 1.20 is still in beta, you'll still be able to download the November 2016 version as well. Beta versions are not fully tested yet, so only go with that if you feel the need to be "latest and greatest".
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

^^ I will look into that. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just went through the update with the November 2016 version (I'm not brave enough for the beta version). Now my center stick tone works.

Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a way to have this throttle stick center tone active only in some flight modes and not others? I would be interested in having the center tone active on Throttle Hold when practicing autorotations, but I don't want to be annoyed by it during regular flight.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
Is there a way to have this throttle stick center tone active only in some flight modes and not others? I would be interested in having the center tone active on Throttle Hold when practicing autorotations, but I don't want to be annoyed by it during regular flight.
I don't know, since I am still trying to figure out this modern software. Even though I am generally pretty computer-savvy, my old brain hasn't evolved with modern software and the logic paths it uses. Hopefully someone else here can answer that.

I would find the center tone annoying too, if I weren't in the learning stage. I am transitioning from flying in Stability mode to Idle Up, and had to figure out how to separate Stability from the Flight Mode switch, so I can have Stability in Idle Up. I tried the transition the regular way, it was just too much for my old brain to handle at one time, and I had 2 bad crashes. Now I am finally making progress, and having the center tone helps for me, while in the transition stage.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobat66 View Post
...had to figure out how to separate Stability from the Flight Mode switch, so I can have Stability in Idle Up.
Tell us what FBL unit you are using.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Tell us what FBL unit you are using.
What does FBL stand for? I even did a search and the only thing I found was flybarless.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't see any way to tie the center tone to a flight mode. That's a good idea though!
Old 10-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobat66 View Post
What does FBL stand for? I even did a search and the only thing I found was flybarless.
I think that is what he's asking. On a helicopter without a flybar, you need a piece of electronics to provide at least as much stabilization as the flybar used to do, and often those electronics are capable of more features such as self-level or bailout/panic.

Based on your sig, you're flying a Blade 230S. If that's the heli you're talking about then the answer is the included AR636, which is working as a combination radio receiver and FBL controller on that aircraft.

More advanced FBL controllers are usually separate from the radio receiver, and the receiver is plugged into the FBL unit. The people who make FBL controllers are not the same people who make receivers. Horizon Hobby's Spektrum brand is an exception, where they are using their own AR636 receiver to provide the FBL function as well. Their more advanced AR7210BX is a partnership with BeastX.

The AR636 is proving to be a very versatile piece of computerized hardware for both planes and helis. In the heli world, it's great for HH's beginner-oriented models. I don't know if they've proven their merits yet for larger heli models. Now they're using it on the Blade 330X - that's the largest one so far.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^ Aha. Good to know. Thanks for the explanation. And yes, I fly a Blade 230S.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in