Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 270CFX

270CFX Blade 270CFX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2017, 01:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!! Used the link to the attachment with the "Insert Image" button and it worked.
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Beautiful weather today, spring is coming back! Flew duo Zeal 285/62 without any problems. Mains with my custom-made brass bushings. Didn't push it too hard, did some careful pitch pumps inverted as main and tail blades are dame close. IMO, main blades aren't a big difference to stock (sound is the biggest difference), tail becomes marginally more stable.

Broke landing gear left front after a landing on asphalt (a bit on the rocky side, cheap plastic quality, no more damage). Opportunity to brush dust off my 180 CFX after a long winter...

EDIT: With main Zeals, I needed to adjust FBL attitude control angle +1 degree on roll for proper rescue alignment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7501.JPG
Views:	493
Size:	567.8 KB
ID:	698553  

Last edited by Lupo99; 03-13-2017 at 09:47 AM..
Lupo99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 02:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Align 450 landing gear is great, twice as strong as the Blade gear. I find zip ties better than bolts as they will break in a crash and save the landing gear.
crsorrell0653 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2017, 01:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm loving my 270_CFX! This morning was perfect and I had a blast.

Bought'er used from a Heli-Freak a year or so ago and haven't had the chance to fly it recently. It's really great.

I also switched to the 450X landing skids, then reinforced them with some polycarbonate strips after a "hard landing". Some zip-ties and heat-shrink complete the job.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0755.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	706902  
C_M_H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 07:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fresh spring design

Replaced a couple of parts and thought it is time for a fresh new design. Also swapped servos to Turnigy TGY-306 HV (very similar to if not the same as the KST DS215MG):

P.S.: If I would do the math and calculate how much I invested into (non-crash related) improvements (servos, tail, bearings, main gear) and time (!), I am getting closer and closer to an Oxy 3. Probably not yet there but on the other hand the grass looks always greener on the other side...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7742 (1).jpg
Views:	384
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	708942   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7744 (1).jpg
Views:	369
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	708943  

Last edited by Lupo99; 05-26-2017 at 07:58 AM..
Lupo99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 08:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I see it this way. Blades are always begging for upgrades. They fly really well out of the box and the appeal is precisely that. They just work. Then you can start tinkering. Now you will likely spend more on a Blade with upgrades to get it to kit level (mostly electronics plus some parts here and there) and then say why oh why didn't I buy a kit Heli in the first place. Well you are forgetting that time you flew the Heli and enjoyed it on stock form. I miss my 360 but it would end up with new servos, new FBL (I am an iKon fan) new ESC (nothing wrong with the Castle but I am a Hobbywing fan) and new motor (yes you got it right I am an Xnova fan) eventually. But I would definitely fly it and enjoy it on stock form for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo99 View Post
Replaced a couple of parts and thought it is time for a fresh new design. Also swapped servos to Turnigy TGY-306 HV (very similar to if not the same as the KST DS215MG):

P.S.: If I would do the math and calculate how much I invested into (non-crash related) improvements (servos, tail, bearings, main gear) and time (!), I am getting closer and closer to an Oxy 3. Probably not yet there but on the other hand the grass looks always greener on the other side...
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks and agree. And if I look at competing heli kits and e.g. tail wag complaints, issues obviously can be everywhere, even at higher price levels. But this is part of our hobby. Tinkering. From one or the other side...
Old 05-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo99 View Post
Thanks and agree. And if I look at competing heli kits and e.g. tail wag complaints, issues obviously can be everywhere, even at higher price levels. But this is part of our hobby. Tinkering. From one or the other side...
I hear that and can attest...

My Oxy3 needed a number of setup adjustments to get it right...thanks to Dylan Hudock for his FBL expertise...

On the other hand...the same evening's maiden 270CFX flight was perfect...right out of the box and newly bound to My DX9 using the SPM file download from Spektrum
Old 05-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, let's hope they are good out of the box. There is no precision in the build, or are they really set for the avg. buyer to be able to do the setup - assuming beginner or stuck in Blade hell because they don't think they have the knowledge to build and setup a kit. It is nearly a do-nothing buy, as designed. In a kit, it's all on you. Huge difference.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep

Last edited by jrman83; 05-26-2017 at 12:59 PM..
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 05-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry. Picture thread.

Last edited by BrokeDad; 05-26-2017 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: Not a pic
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
I hear that and can attest...

My Oxy3 needed a number of setup adjustments to get it right...thanks to Dylan Hudock for his FBL expertise...

On the other hand...the same evening's maiden 270CFX flight was perfect...right out of the box and newly bound to My DX9 using the SPM file download from Spektrum
That's normal, just part of the building process. Also depends on the fbl controller you use.

With my Skookum 540's you just set defaults for that size heli and if you built the model correctly and properly leveled the swash and set zero pitch, all you'll have to do is adjust tail gain and it will fly awesome.

The rest is fine tuning​ to make it feel like it flows like water from brain-sticks-heli. Once you experience that then you start to notice how disconnected/impersonal bnf helis feel. Especially if you're downloading generic tx settings on top of using generalized fbl settings.

Learning to setup and tune a heli yourself is just as important as learning to fly. Flew my friend's Warp tuned to his liking and it felt horrible to me since our taste and flying styles are very different. There's no way in hell I would let someone else tune my heli for me.

It's very simple stuff. You read what each setting does then play around with different combinations of settings. Some units are trickier than others but with my Skookums you can get a nice fluid feel adjusting a couple basic settings then adding a bit of expo in the tx.

Anyone that doesn't setup and fine tune their own heli, I HIGHLY recommend learning to do it yourself​. Very simple once you get the gist and you'll be amazed how much of a difference it makes even for basic flight. You don't have to concentrate on every little move, things just happen without much if any thought/effort. It's magical.

Anywayss...back to the pics
Old 05-30-2017, 02:22 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stock with paint and monokote trim. Much easier to see.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	270cfx3.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	709638  
Poke it w/ a stick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 02:49 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is a great idea! Looks like an easy and cheap change but it would be awesome to have a custom Canomod design, if they do the 270 CFX. The optional 270 CFX color scheme also looks really nice, probably even better visibility.

https://www.rcplanet.com/blade-optio..._p/blh4813.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke it w/ a stick View Post
Stock with paint and monokote trim. Much easier to see.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a few flights in between showers.

mCPX BL2
[Past - Goblin Speed | G420 | G380 | Mini Comet | 360CFX | 270CFX | 180CFX | Nano CPS]
treys1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 02:14 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Combatxe2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2017, 05:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's my latest canopy....

g8trparty likes this.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 09-24-2017, 08:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My latest 270CFX:

g8trparty likes this.

mCPX BL2
[Past - Goblin Speed | G420 | G380 | Mini Comet | 360CFX | 270CFX | 180CFX | Nano CPS]
treys1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2017, 07:19 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Beautiful late October day and put a few flights on before the weather turns to crap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in