Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tande

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Revive the thread

I'm wondering how everybody's 250CFX is holding up! There have been no post in quite a while..... anybody still flying?

Unfortunately, I've have a wet spring so far and high winds when it's not raining so I've only been grabbing one of my 230S for some quick flights. Don't know why as it takes about the same amount of time to get the 250cfx ready! Must be a habit..... time to break it and get the 250 back in the air! Good Flying to all!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2017, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post
I'm wondering how everybody's 250CFX is holding up! There have been no post in quite a while..... anybody still flying?

Unfortunately, I've have a wet spring so far and high winds when it's not raining so I've only been grabbing one of my 230S for some quick flights. Don't know why as it takes about the same amount of time to get the 250cfx ready! Must be a habit..... time to break it and get the 250 back in the air! Good Flying to all!
Well......on this end, I've been flying two 3hr. weekly indoor sessions all winter with zero issues (250CFX)......it's an absolutely fabulous piece of machinery!!
jasond1979 likes this.
Tande is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a crash and had to replace my tail motor. With only 8 fights on the new tail motor and no crashes it died on me. I did notice the motor was running hotter than usual before it died. Other than that, it's been great.
heinz9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep the 250CFX seems to be a winner. It just goes and goes and nothing plays up.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flying my 250cfx every morning before work weather permitting.. absolutly no issues at all😊😊😊
technut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking of picking up a 230S,,,,,However the 250 CFX looks to me like a factory upgraded version of the 230.....How do the two compare?
If you had to do it all over again,,, would you just pass on the 230S and jump on the 250 CFX?.....Or did the 230 serve some purpose for you?
Redharris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 09:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMHO......nothing wrong with the 230s (I had three)......but like most everything else in this hobby....."Bigger Fly's Better"......if money is not a problem, just go for the 250cfx.....again IMHO...
Old 04-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly the 230s to learn to do 3D (and so crash a lot ). I picked up a 250cfx because the frame and such seemed much stronger, but the tail keeps blowing out BAD (probably because I'm over controlling it!) but I loose control and crash. I can do the same things with the 230s and it holds much better! Kind of defeats the purpose of a trainer heli if it can't take a 3D newB flying it!

IF I could get the tail to not blow out, I think the 250cfx flies better, but until then I guess I'll stick with the 230s.
taterb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2017, 07:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 230s does not get much flight time since i got the 250, Still don't like the tail not holding when aggressive on the collective but have gotten used to that now i guess.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMaster View Post
The 230s does not get much flight time since i got the 250, Still don't like the tail not holding when aggressive on the collective but have gotten used to that now i guess.
This is my feeling too! Tail doesn't really hold when you punch it, but it fly s so nice if you take it easy on it.
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2017, 10:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like I get to do some soldering , broke a tail motor wire of my ESC , hopefully it will be a quick a easy solder job , I don't exactly have a high end HAKO solder station either lol.. Been flying the heck out of this bird though , I love it ...
Old 11-10-2017, 10:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
Looks like I get to do some soldering , broke a tail motor wire of my ESC , hopefully it will be a quick a easy solder job , I don't exactly have a high end HAKO solder station either lol.. Been flying the heck out of this bird though , I love it ...
Fairly common......I know of several.....
Old 11-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine's in the hanger just waiting on repairs. I hit a tree in my yard. I've been too busy to sit down and replace a bent feathering shaft. That and I'm building some other helis. I'm missing not flying it. Maybe this evening I'll repair it.
heinz9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

I monitor the magpies and fly formation with them till they head for the pines, had to hit full throttle as they could land in the branches and my depth perception at distance is not the greatest! 250 is still towing glider around yet keen to get the OWB refitted and start practising auto's. Have fitted up MicroHeli blades (250 Plastic) after last repairs and impressed with C/F tailrotor and their vertical fin.Have 450 landing gear fitted for better ground clearance and more robust than flimsy original. Tried fitting up servoless external payload release mechanism but even with spare port available, need to upgrade RX & TX.....not economical. Airframe carries a removable external hook from which sling work is done, A very versitile & fun heli
Heli Lifter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2017, 06:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
My Soldering Job went smooth and easy, very easy to remove ESC out the back of Heli to solder and pretty quick as well, now waiting on new landing skids , i guess i should just use my 330x on it and modify it to fit my 250 as well, does seem way more solid. Looking forward to flying 250 again..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.