Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Danker16

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CH-150X battery charger, Bad right out of the box ?

Ive been out of the hobby since all the good stuff went belly up in 2012 (Flybars, Outrage RC, Minature Aircraft, Edge Rotor Blades ect ect) I was a die hard Outrage RC guy and put about 2 million flights on my Fusion 50 & Velocity 50 V2. When they went out of business I decided to take a break from the hobby. Fast forward to a week ago, I decided to jump back in and bought a Trex 150X to play around with. I got it all set up and popped in one of the batties for a quick test flight. Flew pretty well, kinda slow and numb around center stick. How can I make it more responsive around center stick? After my 60 second flight I decided it was setup well enough to burn through a couple packs to get my thumbs warmed back up.

This is where my problem starts. I took the charger out of the box and connected it to the 12V battery on my truck. "Set A" lit up green and "Set B" started flashing red. I thought to myself "hem thats weird" but I connected a batter to "Set A" anyway.... The LED started flashing red. I disconnected the battery and it turned back green.

I disconnected the charger from the battery and reconnected it with the same results.

"Set A" is green when no battery is connected and flashes red when a battery is connected.
"Set B" continuously flashes red

I did try 4 differnt packs so its not the battery. Is this charger junk or am I doing something wrong?
Branson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2017, 03:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm afraid that you got a defective unit. However, before contacting the vendor, make sure that you first connect the crocodile plugs to your battery and, once they're connected, you plug the wire into the charger. I've noticed that the charger doesn't like seeing its Vin input fluctuating nor sparkling while the crocodiles byte the battery plugs. Doing it in the reverse order sometimes led mine to bad initialization and behaved in a similar manner to what you describe.
Goblin 500
joanpeca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2017, 07:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On mine I've noticed something similar if the charger is connected to the 12 volt source before the LiPo batteries are connected to it.

Try connecting them first and then connect the charger to the 12 volt source.

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying, and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun"
Hekicopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2017, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses guys, I just tried every variation of plugging it in and nothing seems to work... Im gonna call the vendor and see what they can do for me.
Branson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

This charger is very weird in my opinion. I used to power it with a 5000mah 4s Lipo (for RC car) in the field and it works very well 100%. But when I power it with my car's 12V power outlet it will charge the battery for 1 min or so and then it flashes red. Tried charging just 1 battery at a time it still fails 100%. I measured the 12V outlet and it is working correctly, also it works well with other things so it's not my car's problem.

Maybe it doesn't like 12V power source even if it says OK on the label? I now only use this charger with 4s Lipo (15-16.8V) battery.
starryalley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

i used mine for shits and giggles and its over charging my batteries, off the charger reading 4.21v...that doesn't seem right?
davidbrou likes this.
Danker16 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Thumbs up Go 2

See post

CH150x Charger issue

Even if you get one that works they just are not the best to use and diffidently not a good idea to buy one when a std charger is cheaper.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.