Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2017, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How to - Telemetry Speaker for 14SG ?

So I see that the $160.00 T6K has a speaker for Telemetry. How is it that the cheapest radio has a speaker but my 14SG does not!!!

Come on Futaba, I would love to have a speaker without spending another $1000.00 for a top of the line Radio. The Mikado looks pretty good but I am heavily invested in Futaba with a Zillion receivers and other stuff.

Can anyone recommend a Speaker mode for the 14SG?

I own a boatload of old radios that do me no good. I probably should had unloaded them a long time ago, but I like to hang onto stuff for some reason.

Speakerless

Thanks for listening
DaMayor
DaMayor is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know there is a way to add one, but I am also interesting in seeing comments as I love my 14SG.
TRex700MRX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2017, 09:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will need to look through these threads but there are a few different ways to do an external or internal speaker (as well as different jack-type speakers) for your T14SGH / SGA.
https://www.helifreak.com/search.php...speaker%2014sg

Hope this Helps

Futaba 14SGH FASST / FASSTest
HilliHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 05:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went through various methodes into getting a good setup and sound from inside the radio. Mind you.. the new 16SZ does replace the 14SG in the future so all new Futaba tx's will have integrated speakers.

So.. i used several mini amps ranging from 2 to 15W and a load of speakers that fit inside the tx easily. Even hacked up a good quality bluetooth speaker. Although the sound is ok, it gets distorted at higher volume and therefor not pleasant to hear. Also the voice itself has too much low pass sound, and all a voice needs is just the high so you would experiment with the right range of capacitors. Best way to go about this is to have the sound from the speaker really exiting the housing and i am not drilling holes... no way!

Last thing i used was a better quality 15W amp and an exiter type speaker.. but that just made the tx vibrate more then creating a decent sound.

Best approach.. external speaker placed on the back handle fed by the internal amp..

Sirolf is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been down this road as well, looking for an "internal speaker" solution for the 14SG, wound up going with my original setup..... using an "External Blue Tooth Speaker, and a External Wireless Bluetooth Transmitter".

Still to this day I use this setup, works like a charm. I have the right side slider set on the 14SG set to control the volume (up/down). You will need the following 3 parts, plus a little piece of velcro to hold the Bluetooth transmitter to the back of the 14SG.

(1) Headphone 90 deg jack. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(1) Bluetooth Transmitter. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(1) Bluetooth Speaker ---- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bluetooth speaker I pin to my shirt with a safety pin up in the shoulder area, so it's kinda close to one ear. The speaker is very loud and can be heard very clearly.

Here's the only draw back.... Charging.... Using this setup, you will have to charge the Bluetooth Speaker, & Wireless Bluetooth Transmitter. I have used them both all day at the field and they work all day, but you will have to charge them at some point. Also it's easy to forget to turn them off when you are done flying, until you get into a habbit..... When done flying, turn off Model, Transmitter, Speaker, and BT Transmitter.... Pack up, go home.

All the best,
Old 12-19-2017, 08:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Great Speaker Ideas!

Wow! Thanks for the Great feedback Guys! Me and a lot of other guys will really appreciate the speaker options. The 14Sg is a super radio and the addition of a speaker will make it just that much better.
DaMayor
DaMayor is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.