Blast k110 3G/6G mode? What does it do? How does it work? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lotus 7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2018, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blast k110 3G/6G mode? What does it do? How does it work?

At the moment I have my gyro setting on a knob on my Taranis on channel 5. It goes from -100 to +100. I flew the heli once last night and twiddled the knob. I found that to one side, probably -100 the heli was more stable and to the other side much less so.

I did this just once so to be honest I can't remember which way did what exactly....

I intend to put this setting on a switch ASAP, certainty before I fly it again. I just need to be sure what I am trying to achieve when I set it.

So how does this setting work?

Which way (high or low) will do what exactly?

Is it just Hi/Low/ or does the actual value of the signal adjust something with more or less sensitivity?

What happens at the center point?

As a side note I think that with the Taranis -100 is the Futaba 0 and the Taranis 0 is the Futaba 50% right?

Not that that makes much difference....

I need to spend a little time adjusting this heli as last night when I flew it it wasn't very stable and it was quite a job controlling it!

It was on the most part sloppy and squirmy.

I am going to check the swash for level, check the link lengths, adjust the links to get the same pos and neg pitch, re-seat the receiver on better tape and MAKE IT STRAIGHT AND LEVEL!!!

Perhaps do the o-ring mod and perhaps try a tail prop from my MCPX's (ver 2 and BL versions).

Lube the ball links, motor, and swash bearings. I might take the head apart and lube the blade dampers and bearings too and apply locktight.

I will also super-glue the canopy grommets...

Calibrating the gyros will be next as well as the blheli mod for the ESC....later for that stuff.

Nighthawk 250 FPV Quad, Hubsan X4
two-six is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

6G mode is self-levelling, let go of the cyclic and the heli returns to a level attitude. It also limits the bank angle so you cannot go inverted.

3G mode is normal CP control for 3D fun

Its one or tuther, so two way switch will work fine. Can't really help you with the values though as I have zero experience with taranis tx. Flashing the ESC with Blheli makes a substantial difference to these models. The govenor works extremely well and you can comfortably increase the headspeed beyond stock capabilities.
e92.M3 likes this.

Last edited by Lotus 7; 01-08-2018 at 02:25 PM..
Lotus 7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I still don't get it.

I have my Taranis to output -50, -25, and +75 on channel 5. On +75 its quite flyable but a little twitchy and sloppy. It almost hovers hands free but any control inputs make it swing around in a mushy and ponderous way. However when I switch to -25 and -50 the swash plate tilts back and to the left and control is impossible......

I am pretty sure there are no weird mixes at play due to dodgey Taranis programming. That switch only acts on CH5 so it must be something to do with the gyro.

Perhaps I need to re calibrate it?

If it was calibrated at the factory I have since moved the links and adjusted the swash plate. It wasn't at all level out the box. So if the gyro returns to the pre-shipping factory setting I guess it will probably be out....

Could it be that....Could I be right about this?

How do I calibrate the gyro?

Comments?

Old 01-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Right, after I tried the calibration, 6G mode off, both sticks down, a little hover, land...it is much much better.

The first time I tried calibrating it I hovered for about 15-20 seconds and it started to drift of to the right uncontrollably....

And hit the wall....

The 2nd time I hovered it for about 10 seconds, landed it then saved the settings....it still drifts to the right a bit but is flying well now.

I can see that putting the signal to +75 does make it very responsive and unstable..I guess that's 6G mode....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.