Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2018, 08:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Of course...there is a drawback to using the disk size...

It would make My brushless nCPX a 300...the 180CFX-L becomes a 360...

And My 450X's would be..wooooo...650's and 700's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2018, 09:25 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade size it is!
frankiexp2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Couldn't Resist Beating the Dead Horse )Lynx Extended Booms)....

Good points JonJet, but I need to break it down a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
The 450X is certainly alive and well here in Fargo...at least at My house

1) Stock 450X frame w/ several Lynx upgrades and 4S motor
Yep, for me, stock frame on one, with upgraded Scorpion motor, KST 215 servos, CC 50A ESC, and FBL, flies great!

2) MicroHeli CF frame with Lynx upgrades and 6S motor

3) MicroHeli CF frame w/Lynx Stretch Kit and 6S motor

4) Lynx CF frame w/Lynx Stretch Kit and 6S motor
Same for me. Lynx CF frame is a terrific upgrade, but not available any more. Glad that I bought 4 of them. Also Scorpion motor, CC 50 ESC, KST 215 servos.

All have iKON FBL and Castle Talon35 ESC's
For me, one Spirit FBL and the rest are Brain2 FBLs. All work great with my Futaba RXs.

Half of them on stock servo's - the other half on KST 215's

Will use the stock 270CFX batteries I have plus new Pulse Ultra 1050's
I am using 1350 6S batteries for my 6S Blade 450Xs. I had to move the mounting holes back about 1/2" to relieve canopy tightness. The extra weight is not a problem and longer flight time is nice.

I'm seriously considering the 330X...the news that work is handing out $1000 tax-incentive bonuses on next weeks paycheck kinda tipped the scales for Me...just so I can find a use for (3) 3S batteries
Ok, now for the more serious comment. Would you consider the instead of the 330X, buying an OXY4? There are a few reasons why that might be a problem for you:

1. Lynx makes excellent products, but unfortunately, they have dumped most of their B450/330 line, so you can't get a decent stretch boom anymore. For me, abandoning their stretch booms and accessories was extremely disappointing. Yes I know, don't cry over spilled milk, and I have done enough of that in the Lynx Forum.

2. No Spektrum RX/FBL, so you would have to provide your own. Since you use Ikon, you would only need an RX.

To me though, the real reason to consider the OXY4 is that you already know that Lynx produces quality products, or else you would not have invested in so many of their upgrades. Also, Lynx will support their upgrades including extended booms much longer than they would support anyone else's products. And last, the OXY4 Stretch, will be an awesome helicopter in that size.

Ok, too much typing from me! Just a few thoughts.

Steve
Old 01-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post

Ok, now for the more serious comment. Would you consider the instead of the 330X, buying an OXY4? There are a few reasons why that might be a problem for you:

1. Lynx makes excellent products, but unfortunately, they have dumped most of their B450/330 line, so you can't get a decent stretch boom anymore. For me, abandoning their stretch booms and accessories was extremely disappointing. Yes I know, don't cry over spilled milk, and I have done enough of that in the Lynx Forum.

2. No Spektrum RX/FBL, so you would have to provide your own. Since you use Ikon, you would only need an RX.

To me though, the real reason to consider the OXY4 is that you already know that Lynx produces quality products, or else you would not have invested in so many of their upgrades. Also, Lynx will support their upgrades including extended booms much longer than they would support anyone else's products. And last, the OXY4 Stretch, will be an awesome helicopter in that size.

Ok, too much typing from me! Just a few thoughts.

Steve
1) I have never had an issue with a Lynx product...in fact...it was Lynx products designed for the Oxy2 and Oxy3 that cured the issues I had with the Oxy3 and then the Oxy2...
Nobody has been able to explain why for instance: 1) Lynx 300X ball link ends fit the Oxy3 perfectly without any reaming or adjustment needed - 2) Why the Lynx 180CFX servo rod ends fit perfectly on the Oxy2 and solved the binding issue - 3) Why the Lynx 300X servo-to-swash rods are a perfect fit on the Oxy3 (I secretly know this answer)

2) For just a few bucks more than the Oxy4 kit...I can have a fully RTF 330X...and I suspect it will be similar to the 270CFX I bought last year - perfect right from the box - and no Oxy dealer is going to honor the $50 Gift Card I got from sister-in-law for the LHS who is a Horizon Partner

3) I've been there - done that didn't like it - didn't enjoy it - don't want to go there again - and one Oxy remains at over $100 off new with several CNC upgrades after being for sale for more than 2 months

4) The 300X I just ordered...is the first and only reason for Oxy's existence - so I'll have the size covered - the sat arrived today - the FBL comes tomorrow - servos by Friday and airframe by the end of next week - I already have the Lynx 4S motor and Talon35 - and all together it's less than the price of the Oxy3 kit
Old 01-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Electronics alone is enough reason enough not to buy 330x, if comparing. Airframes aside, just about anything you put in something you build on your own will be better. Most people will add all kinds of things to the 330x. Stock WILL NOT be the way most people keep it. In the end, the cost difference will even out. If the 330x was stretchable to 360, maybe it would be a better comparison.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
If the 330x was stretchable to 360, maybe it would be a better comparison.
+1 on that. My big concern with my 450Xs is lack of ability to stretch after I bend or break my current stretch machines. For a vendor though, I guess they would rather pilots not stretch, but instead, buy their 360 helicopter. I know that I can't always have it my way, but I still WANT IT MY WAY!

It would be great if HH would have a stretch upgrade path, since Lynx no longer provides one, but probably not realistic thinking.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Electronics alone is enough reason enough not to buy 330x, if comparing. Airframes aside, just about anything you put in something you build on your own will be better. Most people will add all kinds of things to the 330x. Stock WILL NOT be the way most people keep it. In the end, the cost difference will even out. If the 330x was stretchable to 360, maybe it would be a better comparison.
Very generalized statement your making there Ben , my 330x Is stock and WILL always stay stock ! I love the way it flys as is !! For the price it's perfect the way it is .., when I'm ready to build and spend BIG $$$ , I will get the OXy 4 or Something else and have fun tweaking it ..
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2018, 11:38 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
Very generalized statement your making there Ben , my 330x Is stock and WILL always stay stock ! I love the way it flys as is !! For the price it's perfect the way it is .., when I'm ready to build and spend BIG $$$ , I will get the OXy 4 or Something else and have fun tweaking it ..
And if I may generalize too...

I'd buy a second 330X (sight unseen as of this moment) and have two for roughly the same price as fully outfitting a similar sized kit heli

And likely not need to do any of the infamous "tuning" needed just to get the damn thing to hover...I'll bet good $$$ that both would fly just fine right out of the box much like the 270CFX did last year at this time
Old 01-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is it pretty generalized. But a quick peruse of the 130x, 180cfx, 270, and nearly all of them and the "general" norm is to modify them. Is it fun, yes. Done by most, yes...although that remains to be seen. Talk of putting $400+ into a 130x in my mind is just crazy, but I understand liking that stuff. I like it too, but would rather just buy to the level I am trying to modify something to.

If you yourself do not plan to add better servos or a state of the art FBL, then you would probably be a one-off. If anyone buys one that has been flying Blade for some time now, like jj for instance, they likely will not remain stock. The servos and motor are at the lower end, and can be improved upon by moderate priced items very easily. Heck, I put KST 215 in my 230 and it was night and day difference...same servos in the 330x.

Not bashing this model as I have never flown one or the previous version. I have however, flown with a mixture of all the electronics being used and I know that many of the issues I had with all of my Blade products were the electronics, not as much the design of the model. That is why I say frame aside, the 330x will never compare to anything your build yourself. If you know someone with say a Gaui X3, G380, P380 sporting the 3050 servos, let me know. These models house the same size servos...frames aside. And they cost about the same as 215s, actually more. Just speaking for the servos. Motor is a different story.

I keep checking the 330x forum for some flight reports or someone excited about how it flies or what have you. Someone that never flown a 450x before. Flight reports don't seem to be present. Not that it means anything necessarily, just odd. And no, I have not reached out to other sites to see if they have any. I figure HF is a pretty good representative of flyers out there.

Last edited by jrman83; 01-11-2018 at 03:21 PM..
Old 01-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
And if I may generalize too...

I'd buy a second 330X (sight unseen as of this moment) and have two for roughly the same price as fully outfitting a similar sized kit heli

And likely not need to do any of the infamous "tuning" needed just to get the damn thing to hover...I'll bet good $$$ that both would fly just fine right out of the box much like the 270CFX did last year at this time
I have never needed ANY "special" tuning as you are referring to and don't even know what you mean. I do know that like in all do-it-yourself FBL tuning, it does require you to do a little research and reading. The BX is no different in that respect. If the details are something someone misses often, say like setting up the FBL gov or any other minor steps to go through, then this model is perfect. Everything is done for you and RTF.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is it pretty generalized. But a quick peruse of the 130x, 180cfx, 270, and nearly all of them and the "general" norm is to modify them. Is it fun, yes. Done by most, yes...although that remains to be seen. Talk of putting $400+ into a 130x in my mind is just crazy, but I understand liking that stuff. I like it too, but would rather just buy to the level I am trying to modify something to.

If you yourself do not plan to add better servos or a state of the art FBL, then you would probably be a one-off. If anyone buys one that has been flying Blade for some time now, like jj for instance, they likely will not remain stock. The servos and motor are at the lower end, and can be improved upon by moderate priced items very easily. Heck, I put KST 215 in my 230 and it was night and day difference...same servos in the 330x.

Not bashing this model as I have never flown one or the previous version. I have however, flown with a mixture of all the electronics being used and I know that many of the issues I had with all of my Blade products were the electronics, not as much the design of the model. That is why I say frame aside, the 330x will never compare to anything your build yourself. If you know someone with say a Gaui X3, G380, P380 sporting the 3050 servos, let me know. These models house the same size servos...frames aside. And they cost about the same as 215s, actually more. Just speaking for the servos. Motor is a different story.

I keep checking the 330x forum for some flight reports or someone excited about how it flies or what have you. Someone that never flown a 450x before. Flight reports don't seem to be present. Not that it means anything necessarily, just odd. And no, I have not reached out to other sites to see if they have any. I figure HF is a pretty good representative of flyers out there.

You responded to my post in the 330x forum ..,remember ??? .. my flight report, and actually there is more 330x owners on RCG for some reason now more than HF , and with all the FB groups now , I'm not sure HF and RCG are used as much anymore so you really can't tell anymore with forums , but that's another story . Please hurry up and get that OXy 4 so we can have some flight reports !!! And yes I've heard good things about the KST servos and probably would upgrade to those ...
Old 01-12-2018, 06:10 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

As promised...a portion of the bonus from work will pay for the 330X I ordered today - should have it middle of next week

It should do just fine with the 1800 & 2200mAh 3S batteries I have...

I doubt it will be any more amazing than the 450X's I have but I'm excited to see it
jasond1979 likes this.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450x Tarot FBL, mini Vbar, and 360 6s Motor, Priceless..

The 450x / 330 is a perfect base to have some fun. Cheap frame, lots of parts, and infinite solutions to a problem you don't have. I put together my perfect bird and needed a set of parts that I can find at any LHS within 10 minutes drive of my house. Horizon is king and most LHS have years of 400-450 and now 330 parts.

This heli is far from dead, I bolted a trex 450 FBL directly to the main shaft of the 450x. Swapped the motor and esc with horizon parts and only put the vbar on there to try something different.

Didn't have to do any of the part swaps but we all want to play and I know this heli will be here for another 10 years no issues.

Cheap parts are #1 for learning smack so go buy a used 450x and if you can't find one pick up the 330.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:38 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exactly...

The 330X revives the longtime favorite 450X...

Just like the mCPX BL and mCPS have done for the mCPX

Years worth of parts for a great model
Old 01-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHeli View Post
The 450x / 330 is a perfect base to have some fun. Cheap frame, lots of parts, and infinite solutions to a problem you don't have. I put together my perfect bird and needed a set of parts that I can find at any LHS within 10 minutes drive of my house. Horizon is king and most LHS have years of 400-450 and now 330 parts.

This heli is far from dead, I bolted a trex 450 FBL directly to the main shaft of the 450x. Swapped the motor and esc with horizon parts and only put the vbar on there to try something different.

Didn't have to do any of the part swaps but we all want to play and I know this heli will be here for another 10 years no issues.

Cheap parts are #1 for learning smack so go buy a used 450x and if you can't find one pick up the 330.
Excellent points !!!!! . That's why I got a 330 as well !!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHeli View Post

Quote:
Excellent points !!!!! . That's why I got a 330 as well !!
I just might buy a second one...if nothing else but to have spare parts

Last edited by JonJet; 01-14-2018 at 10:35 AM..
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a 400 and FBL'd it. Then I bought a 450x, and crashed it. Then after rebuilding it realized the only difference between the 400 and 450 is the tail frame, boom, and tailcase. So after a bad crash on the 400 I replaced the frame, boom and tailcase for about $60 bucks. Now I have 2 450x's I can test different electronics on. One with V-bar and other with original 7200 BeastX. Amazing how similar in flight but how different to tune.
There are some amazing 450 canopies out there and with a hole reamer you can mod almost any canopy to fit the 450x.

The 450x / 330x is perfect as a frame. I would stick with plastic to learn on, and booms and bearings you can buy by the dozen at the local LHS.

This is the why the 450x in not obsolete thread no?
Old 06-26-2018, 11:02 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Setup Question

Hi All. Been a member to HF for years now, lots of informative info.
I started with a 4503D as I learner. Crashed, rebuilt, fly repeat. Converted it to an 'X' some time ago and was amazed at the difference. I have had helis for sometime, but haven't progressed much due to lack of flying time (work, weather), anyway I was wondering if anyone could supply me with the programming parameters for a DX9 to suit the 450X? Currently using a DX6i. I have exhausted all of my search ideas and there just doesn't seem to be much out there. Any assistance for an Aussie follower would be greatly appreciated.

CX2. 120SR. 250cfx. 450X. 500X. TRex 500. TRex 550DFC. DX6i. DX9
Simon J is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon J View Post
I was wondering if anyone could supply me with the programming parameters for a DX9 to suit the 450X? Currently using a DX6i. I have exhausted all of my search ideas and there just doesn't seem to be much out there. Any assistance for an Aussie follower would be greatly appreciated.
Can you not apply the DX8 parameters from the manual to the DX9? It's all pretty generic stuff so as long as you get the channel mapping right you can just use the throttle/pitch curves and rates / expo as a guide.

Learning to set these things up from first principles is always the recommended route to success.

So many things to fly, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2018, 09:25 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sadly...(as posted elsewhere)

My 330X got sucked to the ground tail first...I haven't even taken it out of the case after I picked up the pieces

I have 5 flying 450X's and a locked iKON that needs servicing for the 6th...

The last bits for a 7th are on the way...then a new iKON2 and I'll have it ready to go

No plans to replace the 330X at this time...I wasn't very thrilled with the tail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in