Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Riceman718

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130x vs nano cps

hi evryone, i'm new to the heli world. i just bought my first Tx dx6i used. i'm looking for an heli to learn on that i will not out grown. so far my choice was on a nano cps a 130$ plus extra bateri and charger. however i found a use 130x for 80$ that has upgraded tail rotor spare main rotor blade and some extra part's. the kit come with 5 bateri and charger. what should i do? i want a keep the cost down and from my understanding the 130x is a beter heli for indoor and outdoor. however i was puting all my faith to learn to fly on the SAFE fly mode of the nano cps.
can the 130x be thame down? training gear doesn't seam to and option on the 130x.
tgrasshopper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2018, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would stay well away from the 130X. There are loads of problems associated with this heli, especially with the tail. It is daunting enough for expert fliers and would be much more so for beginners. Moreover, it has been discontinued for a few years and may be difficult to get parts.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The nano is an amazing little machine, and is very capable both indoors and outdoors. BUT it is quite difficult to fly compared to larger models, and it does have some quirks that some people don't mind while others get rather annoyed.
On the plus side, this means if you can fly it well, anything else will seem easy. So it's a great practice heli, kinda like a real life sim with the speed turned up
Old 01-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Event if the 130x come with an upgraded RKH upgraded tail rotor gear assembly an I can get it for 1/2 the price of the nano cps you guys still recommend me the cps?
Old 01-21-2018, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both. If you only have the two to choose, definitely the ncps. If you crash a lot, which you will, the 130x is not going to make you happy. After a while w/ the ncps, you can graduate to the 130x if you happen to have one....
Old 01-21-2018, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive never flown a 130s.
But, even though my CPS is a pain in my butt sometimes, it's my best purchase ever to date
Old 01-21-2018, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are new to the Heli world... get the nCPS or the mCPS. In my opinion I like the mCPS because it is larger. Both of these birds are great heli's and are much more forgiving than the 130x.
I had a 130x at one time and I liked it. BUT... the key is getting it set up right and it needed some aftermarket parts to make it acceptable.
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2018, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

As My signature will attest...I have quite a few of the 130X model

I am slowly ridding Myself of them for My own reasons...most of which have to do with a recent fascination for larger models capable of flying in ND's spring-summer-fall breezes and light winds if I get lucky

Some of them fly great...no issues at all...some just good...and some are in the spare parts category at the moment - all of which have caused massive headaches and maintenance just to get them where they are

I would also recommend the mCPS...or better yet the original mCPX without the quirks of SAFE

Personally...I steered clear of the nCPS on the advice of the LHS and haven't looked back
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2018, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

i think I'll go for the Nano CPs. Reading what you guys are saying it will cost me twice the price for the CPS however it sound that the 130X would be problematic down the road. I just looked the MCPS and it's to expensive for me at the moment.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own both models and can say without a doubt that if you are new to the helicopter world to start with the nCPS. It is very forgiving in a crash, it's not intimidating to fly in the yard or house and it can grow with you as you improve on your skills. If you haven't flown collective pitch and cannot fly a helicopter without using self-leveling mode I would save the 130X for your next step up.

The 130X is a mixed bag. Some people love it. Some people will tell you it's a mess. I happen to love my 130X and right now the 130X and nCPX Brushless are my daily use helicopters. The 130X flies very predictably however it is not very crash resilient.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2018, 11:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile new to r/c heli's

I am new as well, started with the 130S, first flight crashed and cost $50 in repair parts. I actually had some experience with a XK K110 and did a lot of crashing with that. I am a little gun shy on flying my 130S and 230S so i spend alot of time crashing and repairing my nano cps. It is a excellent trainer and although it can take a beating, it can and does break. The landing gear was the first to break, so i bought a couple extra. Then i crashed into a wall and broke both right side canopy mounts and had to order a new frame. I got an extra main gear as well. I also bought but have not yet installed the micro motor warehouse main and tail motors for a future upgrade (was highly recommended). so owning the XK K110, 130S, 230S and the Nano CPs, I would highly recommend starting with the Nano. It is a handful to handle, can be flown indoors or out, takes a major thumping and still wants to fly, ( get the glacier 220mah batteries for longer flight times,$2.99 at Buddyrc.com) You will be very satisfied, or envious at least and want to get the 130s and 230s and 250cfx...
motoxxxman likes this.
Riceman718 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2018, 05:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

130S is a great 3rd option, I have one and really the only weak spots I have found are the main gear and tail blade. It is much more stable than the nano, so I’d say get a 130S. Plus you have safe and no tail problems like the older 130x.
Martin CS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2018, 05:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had flown the 130X from my friend once; flys shortly great when it 100% works AND you are an experienced heli CP pilot (who does not crash anymore) with at least 1-2 years of flying experience.

If you are very experienced, then yes, you could fly the 130X indoor in a big big gym (at least three fields) - my friend did, otherwise not.

If you are a (true) beginner, stay away:

a) from TT torque tube CPs helis (including Walkera V120D02s, 180CFX, etc.)
b) from helis with a weight more than 30-45/60 grams (I once read that MCPX-BL 2s did not crash that well with 60g?)
c) definitely stay away from >120g if you want to train on your own or you crash a lot (if you bomb e.g the heavier Walkera MasterCP you will have to repair it too)

----------

The 130X is quite special:

In Germany we would say "Dauerbaustelle" (fixing nightmare).

You have to tweak / fix and repair a lot even if you do NOT crash (and if you do, you can 89% go home; most problems are not fixed in just 5-10 minutes at the field / gym).

Yes, it takes some nerves (which my friend had - always) to get the 130X to fly.
You would have to be very very patient; I am not that kind of man

Just from looking it and my friend for repairing steps almost all the time at the field (jumping gears, tail driving away, tail first tries, etc.) I probably never would have bought it myself.

If you do not crash a 450X++, those belt driven tails pretty much just work (I am flying a 4503D) - quite solid; IMHO constructed to be working.

If you watch the 180CFX HH US video, those engineers will tell you all about the 130X weaknesses and what they think they (may or may not) have improved with their newer model.

So the highlight was I was allowed to fly the 130X for about 3-5 lipos on that day when it was flying OK and didn't matter anymore if I would maybe crash (which I didn't) - I enjoyed the "flying bigger" feeling over my little NanoCPX

I would only buy the NanoCPS, if the main brushed motor is much better than on the NanoCPX; those motors died way too short and much AND are expensive if you do not go for 3rd party tuning motors or Brushless.

NanoCPX = 30g = good step into flying it in a three field gym indoor.
Not every mechnical part breaks if hit the throttle cut soon at the green field.

Better:
You want to fly even this little CP heli outside on a green field, as then your chances are much higher, that it will survive a crash well.
Neither the sensible boards, gyro chips, brushed main motors) are meant to be bombed into any hard gym floor!!!

If you want to train to fly curves / orientations: Do it on a SIM first!!!

I do not believe that the SAFE can really rescue this little NanoCPS if you fall out high from a curve, hit the wall or the hard ground!
I would have to test it myself....it often goes so FAST indoor that you probably won't have time to even hit the rescue / stability switch

-----------------

For outdoor the XK K110 (BL main) might be the better choice than a NanoCPX (I can not speak about the NanoCPS brushed main).

The best heli (MUST) is to go BL, if you want to save higher costs on Brushed main motor replacements.

I do not advise to hover the Nanos indoor in your bedroom or living room, if you have never flown a heli before :-)

First heli rule:
LOT's of space around you (like green field near you).

130S:
You will probably have fun, if the tail motor is ok, does not burn (as I said crashing is not the best for any component), does not burn the ESC, Mosfets at the ESC do not get corrupted, just like from the other (known) 230s stuff.

Blade Dual ESCs are very proprietary.
They are not cheap to replace.
E-Flite BL replacement tail motors neither are cheap.
But what to do, if those "motor driven" helis have at least two+ (very) weak components?

Well, my 4503D E-Flite BL main motor (same true for 450X) did not hold too long; the bearing is crap. The Blade 450 ESC still lives.
Some E-Flite motors are better, some are not.
If I have ANY doubts, I need to look for different tuning motors from other vendors.

Best probably is for the heli hobby:
To have a couple of hundreds dollar on your hand in reserve to be able to go for mechnical repairs, replacing components like motors, ESCs, etc.

This might be true for ALL helis, including NanoCPX (my experience)

Please let us know what your final decision is.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2018, 05:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a nano cps. so far i like it. I broke a swashplate and a set of landing gear. i had lot lot of crash so far.. last time i flew it i was starting to do circle in the living room. sience i'm waiting on an aluminum swashplate... take forever.

Sent from my SM-T817W using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in