Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you getting an errors in the Mezon log? You should post up in the vortex forums, sure someone might know what's going on there.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeMan1 View Post
Are you getting an errors in the Mezon log? You should post up in the vortex forums, sure someone might know what's going on there.

Havenít had a chance to download then mezon log. Iíve posted in vortex forum and waiting for some replies. Hopefully someone has come across this. Iíve looked around google and there is mention of mezon reacting too fast but no real setup info or fixes.

Thanks Iíll keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
pierredelica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please let us know, I'm running a VX1e and a Mezon 130 an a 6HV and haven't had a chance to maiden yet! Using Spartan gov too.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 01-25-2018, 10:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey LubeMan1,

How are you going with your Mezon and vx1 gov? Have you managed to get it running ok? Iím still trying but I think I may have to set Mezon to Normal and remove all brake settings and see how that goes.

What settings have you set in your Mezon?

Old 01-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierredelica View Post
Hey LubeMan1,

How are you going with your Mezon and vx1 gov? Have you managed to get it running ok? Iím still trying but I think I may have to set Mezon to Normal and remove all brake settings and see how that goes.

What settings have you set in your Mezon?

I haven't been able to test fly at all its winter here and too cold for me, but on the bench it seem to work ok. I see the RPM's changing on the TX in different FMs. Doesn't mean it will work the same in flight though I suppose.

I have ESC @ fast response and no braking, in Vortex I have gov set on in IU 2-3 three point throttle V curve set in Jeti @ 75% 85% 95% respectfully

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 01-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hopefully it will work. You may find that once you put blades on and load head it will do the same as mine is. On the bench mine works fine but once blades are on and in flight, just lifting off it begins to pulse due to head load. Im going to try and change the Mezon today to normal and see what it does.

Im on Futaba at the moment as I sold my DS-14 before my DS-24 arrived, painful to say the least. This means i have no telemetry which is a pain when you dont have it.

I'll advise my results
Old 01-26-2018, 10:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you do a V-curve? I think the Vortex needs that for the gov to work proper I believe.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 01-26-2018, 11:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mezon Manual

I tried setting a v curve but it still pulses when the gov kicks in. How have you set the Max and idle throttle end points in the vortex for the Mezon?

Old 01-27-2018, 02:58 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

So found that the timing settings do alot in the Mezon. I have pwm set at 16kHz and timing at 10 degrees. I running an xnova 4020/1000 and it's smooth. I'll have to check it with blades on under load but it too hot here at 40 degrees C. Try tomorrow morning.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

How have you set the Max and idle throttle end points in the vortex for the Mezon?

I have to explorer this step a bit more, initially I had to adjust the TX lower throttle value to get the Mezon to arm up at all, but re-reading the vortex manual you should adjust the values in the Vortex through the Datapod for high & low setting.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 01-27-2018, 04:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried playing with the throttle end points in the vortex through data pod but couldn't find any change. Seems the Mezon is a normal esc unlike the CC where you need to set this. I currently have Max at 100% and idle at 30%. It works well for now and the auto bailout also works. Going to test hover today and see if I still get the pulse in the tail.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the Vortex seeing 0-100% throttle values in the datapod then? At Low & high stick respectively?

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 01-27-2018, 05:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mezon Manual

Yes both high and low are correct 0-100% and bailout I have set so it sees 11% as per vortex. I adjusted radio bailout switch percentage for this.

Then only thing is in Mezon it's really hard to get correct ratio with only 1 decimal place. I might be sounding picky bit on synergy 516 with main at 181t and pinion at 18 that's 10.06 so I've set Mezon to 10. It's either 10 or 10.1 it's only going for to make a difference of about 40-50rpm. Gov changes and sets quite well on bench with our blades so now it's blades on time.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to know thanks for the info, keep me posted on your flight testing

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 01-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mezon Manual

Quote:
Yes both high and low are correct 0-100% and bailout I have set so it sees 11% as per vortex. I adjusted radio bailout switch percentage for this.

Then only thing is in Mezon it's really hard to get correct ratio with only 1 decimal place. I might be sounding picky bit on synergy 516 with main at 181t and pinion at 18 that's 10.06 so I've set Mezon to 10. It's either 10 or 10.1 it's only going for to make a difference of about 40-50rpm. Gov changes and sets quite well on bench with our blades so now it's blades on time.

The gear ratio isnít important in the Mezon when running external governor. It only outputs the correct head speed for telemetry and logging. It will have no affect on flight performance.

I flew a Spartan 2 seasons ago and experienced a lot of chatter with the gov. It can only be tuned in flight. V-curve is necessary for applying throttle precomp. I donít remember if thereís advanced tuning options in the Spartan gov but you may need to look there if youíre fighting a wagging tail due to gov. I believe I dropped my gov gain to settle down the chatter.

I may have missed it but it would be helpful to know gear ratio, head speed, etc.
Dmaxison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Davison,

Current gear ratio is 10.06 and headspeed 1700-2000.

I understand what your saying. The spartan gov with Mezon isn't great and may be due to the Mezon being to accurate at reacting or too fast. I haven't flown the changes yet due to heat hear but will try a hoveraybe tonight in back yard.

Thanks for the info.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Davison,

Current gear ratio is 10.06 and headspeed 1700-2000.

I understand what your saying. The spartan gov with Mezon isn't great and may be due to the Mezon being to accurate at reacting or too fast. I haven't flown the changes yet due to heat hear but will try a hoveraybe tonight in back yard.

Thanks for the info.

Rpm is a bit low for a stock setup. You'll likely have tail issues. Maybe you're using bigger tails like 95's.

I believe you posted a kv of 1000. Are you also running 6s?
Old 01-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry forgot to mention I have the 18t tall gear in so asked tail up.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:51 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so just spooled up in the back yard and still no go. It still pulses when I engage id1. With no gov and using throttle curve it's fine. I should get me DS-24 next week which will make setting changes much easier.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:10 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok so just spooled up in the back yard and still no go. It still pulses when I engage id1. With no gov and using throttle curve it's fine. I should get me DS-24 next week which will make setting changes much easier.

Logging will be helpful.

You'll want to specifically look at throttle input & output. When you have Spartan integration running there's a screen where you can monitor the bank and headspeed. You'll need to look at that too.

I'm not sure how bad the chatter is that you're experiencing in idle 1 but you definitely need to get it up in the air. If it doesn't seem flyable then you've got a major problem. Likely something is not right on the feedback side, I.e. parameter or bad rpm circuit.

The Spartan I ran in the past worked fine. A little chatter but nothing wrong with it. I still fly 2 Mezon's in my fleet. They've been fine. Set to external gov input (high speed), start power -50(or as low as possible). Avoid commutation errors as much as possible, Mezon's like to pop when this happens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in