Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 270CFX

270CFX Blade 270CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 04:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 270 for beginner

I have been playing with the heli sitting on the table. No lift off just preflighting. I noticed if I put the D/R expo at 50%-10% in my mind it should act very calm. Since I'm getting back into helis do you think this is how I should "tame" the 270. Instead of changing batteries, pinion, etc.
DCPlumber5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is what I started with..... To make this heli a nice tame sport flyer go to servo setup and set pitch travel to 90 percent on both high and low. Set the pitch curve at 40- 50-55-75-100 for nor/st1/st2. Dual rates at 50 and expo at 25 for nor/st1/st2. This tames the 270cfx into a nice stable flyer,
Old 01-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried your points to tame down the CFX270 & it worked really well. Years ago. I read about some newbie trying out a setting on his new bird from a fellow poster & it destroyed the bird in the basement where it was being built when he powered it up. Your idea was very valuable by taking my rocket & making it into a sport flyer that is fun to fly. Thanks much!
FloridaAKM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2018, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was trying to help a guy at our club setup his 270CFX for a beginner. I am not as comfortable with a Spektrum DX8.

I set the travel in Aileron, Elevator, and Rudder to a max of 70%.

I set the D/R Expo up on F Mode, Normal, Idle up 1, Idle up 2. I set normal to 75 / 75 and Expo to +25. Idle up 1 to 100 / 100 and +25. Idle up 2 to 100 /100 and +25.

I set pitch curve to 30, 40, 50, 65, 75, in all modes Normal, 1 and 2.

I set the Gyro to F Mode, +40% in Normal, 1 , and 2.

I hovered it and it flew well. I am not sure about the safe settings ? Rescue is only available if you enable it with a firmware update and pay for this feature ?

I did not understand the Gyro settings. Channel - Gear, 0 = 40%, 1 = - 60%. Is - 60% is to enable panic / rescue ? I am not sure how to set this up. Can this be set to switch I . (bind button) Then I can physically move the button to thee bottom left on his DX8.

Thank you. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Low headspeed is how you'd tame it, especially being a newbie, you're going to want it spinning as slow as possible to minimize crash damage. I know a 4s battery looks expensive, but its cheap compared to what is about to happen to your brand new heli. Then you'll have to spend hours figuring out why it doesn't fly as good as it did on your first trip up.
yakky is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2018, 07:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It came with a 6s battery. Can you run it on 4s ?
Old 01-22-2018, 07:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote: Someone had asked about using 4s on the 270 a while back and I figured it would be good to get some info out on this.

A 6s setup will always be the most efficient and offer the greatest power but for those with 4s fpv racing packs this is an option you can consider.

The motor kV used in the 270 cfx was originally selected to allow the use of 4s and 6s batteries by changing the pinion gear, the original intent was to use the 4s 1350mAh fpv racing packs in the model which are similar in weight to the 6s 910mAh batteries.

Flown on a 4s pack the 270 will have less power and require a bit more power management but the models is still very capable. When pushed hard I am getting 5 minutes of flight time, mild flights are 6 - 6.5 minutes.

If you have some 4s packs and want to give this a try the changes are fairly simple;

a) Remove motor/mount and install a BLH1906 Helical Pinion 14t, reinstall and set gear mesh.

b) Using a castle link make the following changes to the Talon 35

1) change the gear ratio to 9.643 (135/14)
2) Set battery voltage to 15v
2) change rpm 1 to 2800
3) change rpm 2 to 3000
4) change rpm 3 to 3200 (leaves a little bit of overhead)
5) Verify LVC is set to Auto detection (this is the stock setting so it should already be set)

c) Test fly the model, based on preference you may want to increase your collective pitch range to compensate for the lower head speed but this is purely a personal preference.

The current draw on 4s will be higher but keep in mind you will still be under the rating for this esc. The talon 35 is a bit over sized for the 270 so the higher current won't cause any problems.

Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC

I didnít know you could run it on 4S. Looks like a good way to make it easier for a beginner.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeskiken View Post
It came with a 6s battery. Can you run it on 4s ?
Yep, even approved by blade...

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.../topics/781525

Note the pinion upgrade mentioned in his post is to keep the original headspeed.
yakky is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2018, 07:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Good information from another thread.

For the intermediate pilots that may be jumping to this model due to price please keep in mind the 270 is a rocket out of the box intended for advanced pilots but you can easily tame it down by changing a few settings.

For intermediate pilots set the castle governor RPM's to Normal 3000, Stunt 1 3200 and Stunt 2 3400. Going down to a 10 pinion with those head speeds will extend flight time as well. The model is still very capable and a great flying model with the reduced head speed.

If you personally feel the model is too fast on the cyclic simply reduce the ail/ele dual rates to meet your preferences. Expo can be used if you like.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Senior Project Engineer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Old 01-22-2018, 07:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brian is said in this post for intermediate pilots 3000 to 3400. What is it set at out of the box ?
Old 01-22-2018, 07:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trying to learn about the settings on this Heli.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=782102&page=2

I havenít setup the self level on his TX. I need to figure out how to do this.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is safe bailout I need to program for him still. I found this post on how. I guess I am supposed to set position 0 to 40% and position 1 to -60% ? I guess I can select switch I and move it to the A position for him to make it easier to use.

Right now I have the gyro settings to +40 % in normal, idle 1, and idle 2. I have it tied to F Mode.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=782747

I found this confusing any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Figured out how to program the safe mode in the DX9. I have it set on the switch that the manual says. D/R rudder I believe it was called. The switch on the right. It is a three position switch but you only program, position 0 to 40% and position 1 to -60%. I left position 2 to 0%. I hope I have that correct at zero? Or should it be at -60% as well. I really want to move the safe function to the bind button and physically move the switch to the lower left side of the DX9. Anyone done this ? Do I just assign the switch on this screen to the bind button ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in