Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2018, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Another new Blade heli: the Blade 70S

Looks like their new take on the old mSRX. Interesting design and swash placement. No BNF version available because it's not Spektrum. Can't use your existing TX. $60 for the whole shebang.

Blade 70 S RTF: Inside the Canopy (2 min 52 sec)

Blade 70 S RTF (1 min 36 sec)
Watchthis99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want one. plain and simple, I want one. lol
$60 for the full RTF kit with battery and charger? Yes please!
Old 02-15-2018, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an odd interest in things like this. Mostly because I feel compelled to buy their little FP helis. I have an MSR and an MSR X. I keep my eyes open for the MSR S and may spring for this in a weak moment too. It is always fun to have something to throw around the living room.
Watchthis99 likes this.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2018, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I prefer bnf and would gladly have paid for it.
However at 60$ it makes a great gift idea for my nephews and nieces.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
It is always fun to have something to throw around the living room.
Yes, they're great for a spontaneous attack-of-the-cats mission.

Just don't crash into your wife's potted plants and tear them up, though.
Watchthis99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2018, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

New technology from Horizon - "muted throttle control" LMAO, they must have been worried about unleashing all that raw power

Suppose it makes a good stocking filler, certainly didn't see that one coming anyway.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchthis99 View Post
Yes, they're great for a spontaneous attack-of-the-cats mission.

Just don't crash into your wife's potted plants and tear them up, though.
Definitely been there, done that with the cats! Astounding how quickly they can take an MSRx out of the sky.

As for the new 70s, I have suddenly had a change of heart. I now have no interest after finding out that it is just a re-branded Hisky heli.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
Old 02-16-2018, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
As for the new 70s, I have suddenly had a change of heart. I now have no interest after finding out that it is just a re-branded Hisky heli.
I'm starting to agree. And you mean Esky. It will be cool to see them on the shelf at the LHS though to help encourage newbies into the hobby. I may still pick one up anyway just for a fun little basher, and to support my LHS
Old 02-17-2018, 12:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

What? No 70s bind-n-fly... come on man...
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2018, 12:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
I'm starting to agree. And you mean Esky. It will be cool to see them on the shelf at the LHS though to help encourage newbies into the hobby. I may still pick one up anyway just for a fun little basher, and to support my LHS
I knew I would get that wrong. Yep, Esky. Maybe in a weak moment I will still get one.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kudos to Blade for another heli release. When I got my first 4-channel it was the H911 and I had a blast learning on it and it eventually led me to buy the Nano CPS to delve into collective pitch.

This looks like a fun little beat-em-up starter heli and I think I’ll pick one up for my brother. For 60.00 how can you go wrong?!
Chris1683 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

(I do not agree that a low price point means that anything goes, because, hey, it's cheap. Even those $60 are earned money.)

Well, how did they go wrong. Wellcome to the (first?) blade micro that is not spektrum compatible. Thank you for already owning an expensive spektrum transmitter, you can set it aside for now.

Being able to bind any blade micro thing to your dx6-7-8-12 transmitter was a really big thing. That and part availability. Now it's gone. Back to toy radios.
danb1974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Pretty simple concept.

I can almost guarantee these will sell in quite high volumes at hobby shops. They aren't targeting veterans of the hobby, but rather newcomers who most likely don't own a $300+ Tx. It's the perfect toy to get people interested.
FR4-Pilot likes this.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man. I love my big 3D machines, and never thought Iíd want another fixed pitch, but for $60 I think I might have to grab one. Looks like a blast!
motoxxxman likes this.
Martin CS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2018, 09:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Pretty simple concept.

I can almost guarantee these will sell in quite high volumes at hobby shops. They aren't targeting veterans of the hobby, but rather newcomers who most likely don't own a $300+ Tx. It's the perfect toy to get people interested.
Exactly. When I was moving up from a coaxial, I had no intention of spending $ on a separate transmitter. As previously stated, I started with the H911 (same as V911). It was cheap and came in a RTF bundle for about $50.00. That was reasonable for me as a newcomer to the hobby who didnít know about collective pitch helis. I loved flying it so much I dove into the hobby head first and have been hooked ever since. I now have a DX9 (my first TX after the H911 which I bought with my Nano CPS) and a slew of helis in my collection.

Point is, the 70S is a heli that experienced pilots would probably not waste their time with, BUT, this is a heli that can grab that person who wants something more than a 3.5 channel indoor only heli. $60.00 is a great price point in my opinion because you get an RTF bundle plus HH customer service and parts availability.
motoxxxman likes this.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

is this a better flyer then the msr-x?

the whole "thing" with the msr-x was
when you get flying forward and let go the stick the msr-x continues to go forward and will hit the wall or whatever is in its path until you "manually "correct it .

the flybar msr was better

a flybar heli will stop in its tracks and hover when you stop giving forward input .does this new 70-s do that?
helizrnew2me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

well these are out now ,any new updates on how it flies ?likes/dislikes? lets hear them
helizrnew2me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2018, 03:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one coming in a few days. I’ll let you know what I think after I test it out a bit.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm eager to hear what you think about it - I just got a pre-owned one.

This thing feels solid and tuff! Rugged. Not the usual 'Blade' feel.

Charging the lipo for another flight ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4246.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	745127   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4264.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	745487  

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 05-11-2018 at 10:03 PM..
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2018, 07:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
is this a better flyer then the msr-x?

the whole "thing" with the msr-x was
when you get flying forward and let go the stick the msr-x continues to go forward and will hit the wall or whatever is in its path until you "manually "correct it .

the flybar msr was better

a flybar heli will stop in its tracks and hover when you stop giving forward input .does this new 70-s do that?
Yes the 70s has self levelling and from what I hear is much more stable than any of the msr range.

BTW a flybar does not a self leveling helicopter make. The only reason the flybar msr behaved the way it did was just a quirk of its design, due to its very small size and lack of mass. The majority of flybar helis out there behave in a very different way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in