EVO to Standard boom - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Protos 700/800

MSH Protos 700/800 MSH Protos 700/800 Helicopter Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By quinn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2017, 06:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default EVO to Standard boom

I'm slowly getting parts to convert to a standard leggero and remove some of the heavier and expensive EVO parts when the time comes to replace them.

My question is has anyone used the EVO servo mount with the standard boom and guide for control rod. The EVO servo mounts 90 degree different than the standard servo and not sure if the standard boom control rod guide has the correct geometry since the servo radius is up and down instead of side to side.

Thanks, some pics would be nice.

This info may also be helpful when the new nitro boom comes out as well as it will also require the EVO mount as well.
Vcontrol
tshelby73 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2017, 07:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
I'm slowly getting parts to convert to a standard leggero and remove some of the heavier and expensive EVO parts when the time comes to replace them.

My question is has anyone used the EVO servo mount with the standard boom and guide for control rod. The EVO servo mounts 90 degree different than the standard servo and not sure if the standard boom control rod guide has the correct geometry since the servo radius is up and down instead of side to side.

Thanks, some pics would be nice.

This info may also be helpful when the new nitro boom comes out as well as it will also require the EVO mount as well.
If you really want to ditch the Evo mount to move the servo to the tail. I would buy the none Evo tail servo mount. Since the Evo has servo in the frame the the none Evo it on the tail you will need a new control rod anyway.

And the point about the radial movement up down to side to side. Your geometry teacher would hunt you down since it's radial to lateral the radi orientation doesn't matter for the lateral movement.
zomaar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomaar View Post
If you really want to ditch the Evo mount to move the servo to the tail. I would buy the none Evo tail servo mount. Since the Evo has servo in the frame the the none Evo it on the tail you will need a new control rod anyway.

And the point about the radial movement up down to side to side. Your geometry teacher would hunt you down since it's radial to lateral the radi orientation doesn't matter for the lateral movement.

Iím wanting to possibly keep the evo mount.

As far as geometry I may be using the wrong wording.

The evo mounts the servo arm when centered it faces up and at the ends of the travel the ball link moves up and down as well as forward and back the the rod support is notched for this movement.

The standard boom mount has the servo arm facing outwards to the left instead of up when centered and at the ends of travel it moves left and right instead of up and down. Iím not sure how the rod support is notched on the standard boom but I assume it notched for left and right movement.

I guess my question is regarding the control rod support. Iím not sure if the evo one will be tight on a non evo boom. If is tight no further questions if not will the standard rod support have the right slotting for the way the servo moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, it should work. With the standard rod guide, the rod may have to flex a little at certain points of travel, but I actually prefer it this way. There is less rattling noise during hard cyclic at lower headspeed. I'm currently using a custom made servo mount which puts the tail servo in the same location as the evo mount. I cut it out of a carbon plate and bolted it to the frame, then spaced the servo inward with plastic spacers. I prefer the look of the heli with the tail servo in this location and also wanted to save a little weight. If you are concerned with the rod bending, use the evo rod guide. If it doesn't fit tightly on the standard boom, use a wrap of black electrical tape underneath it
tshelby73 likes this.
RCHN #232
quinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinn View Post
Yes, it should work. With the standard rod guide, the rod may have to flex a little at certain points of travel, but I actually prefer it this way. There is less rattling noise during hard cyclic at lower headspeed. I'm currently using a custom made servo mount which puts the tail servo in the same location as the evo mount. I cut it out of a carbon plate and bolted it to the frame, then spaced the servo inward with plastic spacers. I prefer the look of the heli with the tail servo in this location and also wanted to save a little weight. If you are concerned with the rod bending, use the evo rod guide. If it doesn't fit tightly on the standard boom, use a wrap of black electrical tape underneath it
Hi quinn,
this looks interesting. Are you able to provide pictures?

Paolo
2 x mCPX BLs (not used), 1 x 450X, 1 x 450XL (Lynx) (FINALLY off top of local Sports Centre) and 2 x ALIGN 550Ls (1xU/S), PrŰtos MAX V2 Leggero and an Evoluzione (to be built) (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2018, 10:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok so the evo guide is bigger than the standard so I ordered the standard one. I could wrap the boom and maybe make it work but I would have to do quite a few wraps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.