Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Flamewheel Multirotor Support Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 04fxdwgi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2017, 03:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI iOSD Mini firmware problems and iOSD Assistant V4.01

To all that have the DJI iOSD Mini, there is a HUGE problem when using iOSD Assistant V4.01 and firmware upgrade.

When plugging an iOSD Mini into Assistant V4.01, the Assistant will state the firmware is upgradable to V4.00 (or V4.01, I don't recall). DO NOT DO IT. I believe the Assistant ID's the Mini as a MKII and the firmware V4 is probably or MKII. It will load the MKII firmware and now it will give a "Firmware mismatch" warning. This bricks the iOSD Mini, I believe. iOSD Mini latest firmware that doesn't give the mismatch is V1.06. (that's a pretty big rev jump from 1.6 to 4.x if for the same type unit)

DJI site does not indicate this problem exists because they would need to admit something isn't right. They state the firmware is for the use of a Mini w/ an A2, but if that was the case, why is there a mismatch? Maybe if it was plugged into an A2, then the mismatch "may" go away, but I have no way of proving it. If that was the case, then the Assistant should be able to ID a Mini connected to a NAZA and NOT suggest to "upgrade" the firmware.

They give no downgrade path and you must contact them via e-mail and they will send a one-shot (disables after use so it can't be shared) program to fix it.

After loading the wrong firmware myself, I had to find a work around to downgrade back to V1.06, which I figured out pretty easily.

1. Load the older iOSD Assistant 4.0 (luckily I still had the installer file)
2. Start Assistant V4.0 program
3. Connect the iOSD Mini
4. Software will ask if you want to "upgrade" to V1.06. Hit yes to "upgrade" firmware
5. When "upgrade" is done, Re-boot the iOSD Mini
6. All is good now with firmware 1.06 installed

Hope this helps..
JeAnSuS likes this.
04fxdwgi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2018, 03:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i need the installer file, please
JeAnSuS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in